Katharine McPhee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katharine McPhee

Post  B6 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:23 am

Voice type:Soprano
Vocal range:D3-G5

Significant high notes:
  • G5 ("Shake It Out")
  • F♯5 ("Redneck Woman", "The 20th Century Fox Mambo")
  • F5 ("The 20th Century Fox Mambo", "Rumour Has It", ?"Shake It Out")
  • E5 ("Redneck Woman", "Call Me")
  • E♭5 ("Redneck Woman", "Run")
  • D5 ("Call Me", "Let Me Be Your Star", "Rumour Has It", "The 20th Century Fox Mambo", "It's a Man's Man's Man's World", "Shake It Out", "Brighter Than The Sun")
  • C♯5 ("Let Me Be Your Star", "Run", "Brighter Than The Sun", "The 20th Century Fox Mambo", "Redneck Woman")
  • C5 ("Beautiful", "Shake It Out", "It's a Man's Man's Man's World", "The 20th Century Fox Mambo")
  • B4 ("Run", "Call Me")
  • B♭4 ("Run", "Redneck Woman", "Let Me Be Your Star", "Beautiful", "The 20th Century Fox Mambo")

Significant low notes:
  • A3 ("Brighter Than The Sun", "Rumour Has It", "Shake It Out", "It's a Man's Man's Man's World")
  • G3 ("The 20th Century Fox Mambo")
  • F♯3 ("Run", "Let Me Be Your Star", "Redneck Woman", "Brighter Than The Sun")
  • F3 ("Rumour Has It", "Run", "Beautiful", "Shake It Out", "Call Me")
  • E3 ("The 20th Century Fox Mambo", "Brighter Than The Sun")
  • E♭3 ("Run")
  • D3 ("Rumour Has It")

A great singer Cool She often spans relatively large amounts of range using very dark, strong lows and a feather-light and really agile higher extension to vois–wank a la Aguilera, and sounds really impressive while doing so. In the more quiet Smash tunes she often does weird autotune-like switches between mix and head voice which make her highs sound even more effortless and ethereal. Cool stuff.

Also, if you find a good-quality photograph where she doesn't look like a pretentious asshole let me know Smile

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top