Brian McFadden

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brian McFadden

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 am

Current status: READY FOR REVIEW
Brian McFadden a.k.a Bryan (Westlife, Solo)

Voice Type: Tenor
Total Range: F♯2-E5

Highest notes:

E5 ("Time To Save Our Love")
E♭5 ("Alice In Wonderland")
D5 ("That's How Life Goes", "Alice In Wonderland")
C♯5 ("Flying Without Wings" Live Solo, "Please Come Home For Christmas", "Unbreakable" Live Solo)
C5 ("Flying Without Wings" Live Solo, "Someone Like You", "That's How Life Goes", "Alice In Wonderland")
B4 ("Queen Of My Heart" Live Solo, , "Unbreakable" Live Solo, "Please Come Home For Christmas", "That's How Life Goes")
B♭4 ("Queen Of My Heart" Live Solo, "Twisted" Live, "Wrap My Arms", "Do You Love Me" Live, "Pull Myself Away", "Room To Breathe", "Alice In Wonderland", "Thank You")
A4 ("Nothing Is Impossible", "What Do They Know", "Someone Like You" Live, "Irish Son", "Almost Here", "Just Say So", "Just The Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar)", "Walking Disaster", "Time To Save Our Love", "Pull Myself Away", "Please Come Home For Christmas" Live, "The Christmas Song" Live, "Everything But You", "To Love Somebody" (with Ronan Keating), "Walking Into Walls", "Every Little Thing You Do", "If I Let You Go", "I Won't Let You Down", "Unbreakable" Solo live)
G♯4 ("Wrap My Arms", "Flying Without Wings" Live singing Shane's part, and demo version, "Real To Me", "Wrap My Arms" Live, "Flying Without Wings (feat. Delta Goodrem)" Live, "Queen Of My Heart" Live solo, "Twisted" Live, "All I Want Is You", "Do You Love Me" Live, "When You're Looking Like That" Live solo, "Pull Myself Away", "Get Away", "Room To Breathe", "Please Come Home For Christmas" Live, "Everything But You" Live, "Grease Lightning" Live, "Walking Into Walls", "Thank You", "Angel", "I Won't Let You Down", "Unbreakable" Solo live, "Obvious" Solo live, "Thank You For The Moment")
G4 ("Nothing Is Impossible", "My Love", "Tonight", "Unbreakable", "Where We Belong", "Home", "Real To Me", "Wrap My Arms", "Irish Son", "Almost Here", "Like Only A Woman Can", "Just Say So", "Just The Way You Are (Drunk At The Bar)", "Someone Like You", "Flying Without Wings (feat. Delta Goodrem)" Live, "What Do They Know", "Uptown Girl", "Walking Disaster", "Mistakes" (feat. Delta Goodrem), "All I Want Is You", "Dreams", "Time To Save Our Love", "You Don't Know", "Do You Love Me" Live, "Lose, Lose Situation", "Pull Myself Away", "The Christmas Song" Live, "Grease Lightning" Live, "Come Party", "That's How Life Goes", "Alice In Wonderland", "I Have A Dream", "Every Little Thing You Do", "On My Shoulder", "Home", "If Your Heart's Not in It", "Walk Away", "Love Crime", "If I Let You Go", "When A Woman Loves A Man")
F♯4 ("Nothing Is Impossible", "Until The End Of Time", "Unbreakable", "I Lay My Love On You", "When You're Looking Like That", "Obvious", "Home", "Grease Lightning" Live, "Irish Son", "Like Only a Woman Can", "Uptown Girl" Solo live, "What Do They Know", "Queen Of My Heart" Solo live, "Walking Disaster", "Twisted" Live, "Dreams", "Lose, Lose Situation", "Pull Myself Away", "Get Away", "Room To Breathe", "Zoomer", "Please Come Home For Christmas" Live, "Everything But You", "To Love Somebody" (with Ronan Keating), "Come Party", "That's How Life Goes", "Walking Into Walls", "I Have A Dream", "Close", "Somebody Needs You", "More Than Words", "Home", "How Does It Feel", "Evergreen", "If Your Heart's Not in It", "Don't Let Me Go", "Walk Away", "Angel", "If I Let You Go", "I Won't Let You Down", "Swear It Again" Solo live, "Thank You For The Moment")

Lowest notes:

F♯2 ("Everything But You" Live)
G2 ("Everything But You")
G♯2 ("Get Away", "Room To Breath", "Now We Only Cry", "Everything But You" Live, "Lost Without You" Live)
A2 ("Queen Of My Heart" Live solo, "Zoomer", "Everything But You", "Thank You For The Moment")
B♭2 ("Like Only A Woman Can", "Lost Without You" Live)
B2 ("Queen Of My Heart", "Twisted", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "Room To Breath", "Zoomer", "Now We Only Cry", "Alice In Wonderland", "Thank You For The Moment")
C3 ("No No", "Grease Lightning", "Irish Son", "Uptown Girl" Solo Live, "The Christmas Song" Live, "Grease Lightning" Live)
C♯3 ("Hey Whatever", "Get Away", "Zoomer", "Now We Only Cry", "Walking Into Walls", "Someone Like You" Live, "I Did It For You", "Pull Myself Away", "Flying Without Wings" Live solo, "Thank You For The Moment")
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Last edited by wonka on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 am; edited 118 times in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brian McFadden

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 am

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffin_Lloyd11 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Definitely sounds like a Tenor, always did have the best voice out of the 5 of them.
Griffin_Lloyd11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:04 am

He sounds more Baritone or Baritenor to me.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:11 am

Griffin_Lloyd11 wrote:Definitely sounds like a Tenor, always did have the best voice out of the 5 of them.
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:He sounds more Baritone or Baritenor to me.
Aren't you the same person?
edüt:
Griffin_Lloyd11 wrote:No it's for people who don't know that I'm "Iamnotafraid65", I'd rather just put I got permission than write out all that crap.
Yes you are
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am

Edited

Last edited by wonka on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:41 am

wonka wrote:.......................................................
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Indigo marks probable non-modal notes with questionable qualities (overshooting, cracked, erratic-sounding)
Any reason why this is size 19?
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:45 am

Molandfreak wrote:
wonka wrote:.......................................................
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Indigo marks probable non-modal notes with questionable qualities (overshooting, cracked, erratic-sounding)
Any reason why this is size 19?
editing with mobile phone, that is

Last edited by wonka on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 am

He seems more like a Baritenor to me.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:He seems more like a Baritenor to me.
I'm not sure what baritenor means yet, but at least Brian McFadden is not a full tenor

John Lennon? Kevin Richardson? Ronan Keating? Mark Owen?

Gary Barlow I know he can't be one because he always sound like a tenor
As for Kian Egan neither because he doesn't even have powerful lows, only he can't tease us on middle voice

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:07 am

Baritenor (Possessing characteristics of both Baritone & Tenor).
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 am

Total Sung Range ?
don't you mean Full Range or just Sung Range?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:25 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Total Sung Range ?
don't you mean Full Range or just Sung Range?
I meant sung range (not screaming), but you're right I fix now, I put it wong

I corrected too some of Kian and Ronan Keating (who now, listening to him more, I realized he's clearly a tenor)

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:19 am

My provisional list of 10 best studio performances and 5 live of Brian McFadden:

Studio:
-Wrap my arms
-Everything but me
-Real to me
-What do they know
-Tonight
-Thank you
-Pull myself away
-Time to save our love
-Mistakes (feat Delta Goodrem)
-Evergreen

Live:
-Do you love me
-Someone like you
-Please come home for Christmas
-Real to me
-

... editing

Last edited by wonka on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:09 am

That C5 in Someone Like You is amazing. Actually, I think he interpretation of the song sounds better that when Adele sings it. I feel like Brian puts more emotion into it then she does. It seems to me that when Adele sings the song, she's just trying to do a whole bunch of "roller coaster" tricks as I call them with her voice. basically that means she just tries to Woo the crowd, while Brian sings it will all of his heart and means every single world he sings.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 am

Yes, Brian sings from the heart and Westlife lost a very good singer when he left. One of my favorite albums is Turnaround where he shines. Another of my favorite voices

People always talk about NSYNC vs Backstreet Boys but they forget Westlife, having 3 top singers in the same group

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:16 pm

I think part of that is because of they're limited vocal ability. Like backstreet & "N Sync all have 3-4 octave vocal ranges and can sing Bass, Baritone and/or Tenor while Westlife's limited to where they're comfortable.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Also I would say that nobody in vocal pop groups can beat BSB and NSYNC Acapella. Anyway Westlife, McBusted, Blue, BBMak and company are very good harmonizing and doing backing vocals

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 am

Westlife has "better" voices than BSB and/or 'N Sync, but BSB and 'N Sync have stronger voices and know how to use them better.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Westlife has "better" voices than BSB and/or 'N Sync, but BSB and 'N Sync have stronger voices and know how to use them better.
But the best singer of all 3 bands it's JC Chasez in my opinion

this is one of the few performances of Westlife Acapella and Nicky doing lead vocals

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:18 am

My computer's being stupid and not playing it, and I'm not even going to attempt to pitch those because obviously... I can't. So tell me, what notes do you think they are?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:27 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:My computer's being stupid and not playing it, and I'm not even going to attempt to pitch those because obviously... I can't. So tell me, what notes do you think they are?
Nicky is singing as low as E3 and as high as D4

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top