Andrew Stockdale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew Stockdale

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 am

Voice type: '70s Tenor
Controlled vocal range: G♯2-G♯5

Controlled high notes:

• G♯5 ("Pleased to Meet You")
  • G5 ("By the Sword", "Pleased to Meet You")
  • F♯5 ("Best of a Bad Situation", "Communication Breakdown" live, "New Moon Rising")
  • F5 ("Dimension", "Eyes Open", "Fell Down a Hole", "Pyramid", "Violence of the Sun")
  • E5 ("California Queen", "Caroline", "Communication Breakdown" live, "Cosmic Egg", "In the Morning", "New Moon Rising", "Pilgrim", "Pleased to Meet You", "She Got It", "Tall Ships", "10,000 Feet", "White Feather")
  • E♭5 ("Heavy Weight", "Love Train", "Tall Ships", "Violence of the Sun")
  • D5 ("Baba O'Riley" live, "Back Round", "Best of a Bad Situation", "By the Sword", "California Queen", "Caroline", "Communication Breakdown" live, "Cosmic Egg", "Dimension", "Eyes Open", "Fell Down a Hole", "Gypsy Caravan", "Joker & the Thief", "Love Train", "New Moon Rising", "Phoenix", "Pilgrim", "Pleased to Meet You", "Pyramid", "Tall Ships", "10,000 Feet", "Violence of the Sun", "Witchcraft")
  • C♯5 ("By the Sword", "California Queen", "Colossal", "Cosmonaut", "Far Away", "I Don't Know Why", "In the Morning", "Pleased to Meet You", "Victorious", "Violence of the Sun", "White Feather", "Wuthering Heights")
  • C5 ("Baba O'Riley" live, "Back Round", "By the Sword", "City Lights", "Colossal", "Dimension", "Eye of the Beholder", "Eyes Open", "Fell Down a Hole", "Gypsy Caravan", "Heavy Weight", "'I Ain't Got No'", "In the Castle", "In the Morning", "Love Train", "Mind’s Eye", "Phoenix", "Pyramid", "10,000 Feet", "The Simple Life", "Violence of the Sun", "Where Eagles Have Been", "White Unicorn")
  • B4 ("Back Round", "Baroness", "Best of a Bad Situation", "California Queen", "Caroline", "Cosmic Egg", "Cosmonaut", "Dimension", "Enemy Is in Your Mind", "Far Away", "Happy Face", "How Many Times", "I Don't Know Why", "Joker & the Thief", "New Crown", "New Moon Rising", "Phoenix", "Pilgrim", "Pyramid", "Sundial", "Tall Ships", "Victorious", "White Feather", "White Unicorn", "Witchcraft", "Woman")
  • B♭4 ("Apple Tree", "Feelings", "Heavy Weight", "'I Ain't Got No'", "Love Train", "My Tangerine Dream", "Pyramid", "She Got It", "Tall Ships", "10,000 Feet", "Wuthering Heights")
  • A4 ("Back Round", "By the Sword", "City Lights", "Colossal", "Cosmic Egg", "Cosmonaut", "Dimension", "Eyes Open", "Feelings", "Fell Down a Hole", "Gypsy Caravan", "Happy Face", "In the Castle", "In the Morning", "Joker & the Thief", "Mind's Eye", "My Tangerine Dream", "New Crown", "Pleased to Meet You", "Pretty Peggy", "Radio", "She Got It", "Sundial", "Tales", "10,000 Feet", "The Love That You Give", "The Simple Life", "Vagabond", "Victorious", "Where Eagles Have Been", "White Feather", "White Unicorn")

Controlled low notes:

• E3 ("By the Sword", "Caroline", "Cosmic Egg", "Phoenix", "Pretty Peggy")
  • D3 ("Eyes Open", "Fell Down a Hole")
  • C♯3 ("My Tangerine Dream", "Victorious")
  • C3 ("Pretty Peggy")
  • B2 ("Far Away", "My Tangerine Dream", "New Moon Rising")
  • G♯2 ("My Tangerine Dream")

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Blue marks soft falsetto notes.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Lead singer of Wolfmother. Very consistent in his highs. Not always the most controlled singer, but still hits the notes with relative ease, and at times, definitely has a Robert Plant thing going on. If he has a low range, he doesn't showcase it that much. Some of his third octave notes sound a bit forced sometimes, so I highly doubt he has much of one to begin with. Still though, impressive on the high end, and Wolfmother has a whole is a pretty good band to boot, in this poster's opinion.

Thread originally by ds91.

Last edited by Hopscotch on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:43 am; edited 16 times in total
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew Stockdale

Post  Stoner on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Love his haircut
Stoner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:01 am

Nothing particularly Range worthy here, but a really nice reserved performance.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoner on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Tenors...how can you sound forced on third octave notes :jackiechan:
Stoner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Stoner wrote:Tenors...how can you sound forced on third octave notes :jackiechan:

Just because he doesn't have many recorded example of second octave notes, doesn't mean he has a hard time singing them.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Planning to see this guy in a few days, so I guess in the meantime I'll finally get around to finishing his thread. cyclops
Hopscotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Listening back to Pleased to Meet You, it sounds like the G♯5s (2:21, 4:25) are just overshot G5s. Pretty iffy about keeping them in the OP considering that he technically hits them, but I feel like it'd be a stretch to call them controlled notes...

Also the Fell Down a Hole C3 (2:33) is a bit nanonotey; you guys think we should still count it?
Hopscotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top