Barry White

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barry White

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 pm



Voice type: Bass
Sung range: F♯1-E♭5
Total range: F♯1-E5

Significant high notes:

E5 ("I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More Babe" live at Sao Paolo)
E♭5 ("Sho You Right")
C5 ("I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More Babe" live at Belgium 1979)
G4 ("Oh What a Night for Dancing")
F♯4 ("Your Sweetness Is My Weakness")
F4 ("You're the First, the Last, My Everything", "Sho' You Right")
E4 ("I'll Always Love You")
E♭4 ("Come on in, Love")
D4 ("You're the First, the Last, My Everything", "Just the Way You Are")
C♯4 ("Just the Way You Are")
C4 ("Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Baby")

Significant low notes:

F♯1 ("Low Rider")
G1 ("All of Me", "Dark And Lovely (You Over There)")
A1 ("There's a Place (Where Love Never Ends)")
B♭1 ("Sho' You Right")
C2 ("Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Baby", "I'll Always Love You", "You're the First, the Last, My Everything")

.......................................................
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.


Last edited by Somma1984 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Gilmour56 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm

he says hes a bass-baritone here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy2UbxkZzNY

the difference between bass-baritone/low baritone/high bass/bass profundo confuses me :S

Gilmour56

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am

Gilmour56 wrote:he says hes a bass-baritone here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy2UbxkZzNY

the difference between bass-baritone/low baritone/high bass/bass profundo confuses me :S

Yeah, well that most probably because there are different terms used by different people.
We use LB (low baritone), MD, HB, LT, MT, HT.
However, some people thought it's good to call some of the lowest LBs Bass instead.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, I just gave it a try in this thread.
Basically we should always stick to the six voice types I listed above and forget about bass here on TRP.

Outside of TRP the things are different. In Opera they do not use the term low baritone but bass-baritone, baritone and bass instead.
the basso profundo is actually not used in opera but more in Russian music (and alike) or in some lowered version of classical music.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

btw, is this the Eb5 in question?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vjk16VbGFb0#t=173s

sounds pretty black to me Suspect
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 am

Indeed x 2.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am

The Challenger wrote:Indeed x 2.

I love it when we agree. Party
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  B6 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 am

Thumb up
avatar
B6
Range Advisor

Posts : 4682
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Desert island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 am

It's totes black but is it really him?? I mean there's like 20 other people credited for vox and he has nothing else above F4 so it's a bit suspicious to say the least
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 am

Doest sound like Barry to me.
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:It's totes black but is it really him?? I mean there's like 20 other people credited for vox and he has nothing else above F4 so it's a bit suspicious to say the least

hm i see your point. but it sounds very much like the lead vocals.
and he's "acting" as if je sung it in the vid, dunno if he'd had done that if it wasn't him.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 am

The guys from Milli Vanilli acted like they sung every note in the songs, but well.. you know what happened Very Happy
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 am

bradphone wrote:The guys from Milli Vanilli acted like they sung every note in the songs, but well.. you know what happened Very Happy

Comparing Barry to milli Vanilli... we should ban you for this! Very Happy
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am

Somma1984 wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:It's totes black but is it really him?? I mean there's like 20 other people credited for vox and he has nothing else above F4 so it's a bit suspicious to say the least

hm i see your point. but it sounds very much like the lead vocals.
and he's "acting" as if je sung it in the vid, dunno if he'd had done that if it wasn't him.

Well Lita Ford acted Ozzy Osbourne's parts in a music vid once Very Happy
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 am

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
Somma1984 wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:It's totes black but is it really him?? I mean there's like 20 other people credited for vox and he has nothing else above F4 so it's a bit suspicious to say the least

hm i see your point. but it sounds very much like the lead vocals.
and he's "acting" as if je sung it in the vid, dunno if he'd had done that if it wasn't him.

Well Lita Ford acted Ozzy Osbourne's parts in a music vid once Very Happy

Eb5: Not sung by Barry (Lita Ford acted Ozzy's part once) Very Happy
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am

Somma1984 wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
Somma1984 wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:It's totes black but is it really him?? I mean there's like 20 other people credited for vox and he has nothing else above F4 so it's a bit suspicious to say the least

hm i see your point. but it sounds very much like the lead vocals.
and he's "acting" as if je sung it in the vid, dunno if he'd had done that if it wasn't him.

Well Lita Ford acted Ozzy Osbourne's parts in a music vid once Very Happy

Eb5: Not sung by Barry (Lita Ford acted Ozzy's part once) Very Happy

Well that and it doesn't sound like him but I guess that's a moot point
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am

Well, it sure sounds like a male singer. It is indeed suspicious, but the timbre isn't exactly the weirdest...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am

The Challenger wrote:Well, it sure sounds like a male singer. It is indeed suspicious, but the timbre isn't exactly the weirdest...

Don't give us this vague shit. be on my side, for the sake of all the sex.. uhm fun, I mean for the sake of all the fun we've had!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Sorry to bring this old TRPish practice back but... 0:34 sharp E1?:

avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 21
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Hopscotch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Nice fry right there. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6789
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Why is he talking in third person?
And I was totally ready to jump at Abacus with an "Absolutely no fry" retort, but it was pretty fry-ish. Cthulhu
avatar
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

Posts : 2138
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Celice on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 am

I hesitate to post this for fear of igniting another debate about nanowatching and causing The Crucifier to suffer another ailment, but I think the G4 at the end of the word "moon" here is deliberate (and black) and worthy of a mention in the OP.
avatar
Celice
Moderator

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2012-08-27
Location : Probably in bed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Buh-Red on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:31 am

Celice wrote:I hesitate to post this for fear of igniting another debate about nanowatching and causing The Crucifier to suffer another ailment, but I think the G4 at the end of the word "moon" here is deliberate (and black) and worthy of a mention in the OP.

sounds about right. Smile

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Pepe Forever on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 am

How about if we start a shitstorm about that interview fry E1 instead? Yeah!
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 21
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Buh-Red on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 am

pepeforever wrote:How about if we start a shitstorm about that interview fry E1 instead? Yeah!

Let's ask martin for help rofl

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  B6 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 am

I like how Pavarotti sounds pretty "small" compared to him...
avatar
B6
Range Advisor

Posts : 4682
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Desert island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Barry White

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum