Alex Turner

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  esteban velez on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 pm

nothing personal my friend, ¿whats the point of your reply?, i´m only defending the idea that alex Turner is a tenor. and of course you are right, baritones are capable to sing low notes.

esteban velez

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Has anyone notewatched the Last Shadow Puppets album? There might be some good notes there.

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Starman on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

esteban velez wrote:have you ever compared John lennon´s (a real high baritone) "come together" with arctic monkeys´ version?. it is obvious to me that alex is a tenor, maybe he doesn´t know how to sing the notes that are over his passaggio zone, or maybe he doesn´t care about it. he has pretty well done g4 in a song named IDST, and if he has a dark voice lately, it is because he smokes and drink always.

many of the real tenors (in classical music), have the ability to sing low notes, i mean extremely low notes, and not because of that  they fell into the range of a baritone. an example is Andrea bocelli, he is a light tenor (with a D5 perfectly sung) but he actually can sing notes that i doubt even a baritone could sing (a D 2 in "resta qui", check it if u don´t believe it).

 Facepalm It would be great if we could just dispel this voice type debate bullshit for one fucking thread. I mean Jesus Christ, nobody is arguing he's not a tenor ffs.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Karl on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:57 pm

esteban velez wrote:nothing personal my friend, ¿whats the point of your reply?, i´m only defending the idea that alex Turner is a tenor. and of course you are right, baritones are capable to sing low notes.
You seemed to imply they can't sing D2 or lower, so I linked you a some that can. Anyway, you should probably not talk about this stuff, as users here are annoyed by it after long, useless discussions.
esteban velez wrote:baritones are capable to sing low notes.
esteban velez wrote: he actually can sing notes that i doubt even a baritone could sing (a D2 in "resta qui").

Karl
Range Advisor

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:54 am

I think there's a B4? in I.D.S.T (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6yORYEiLyU) and a A4 in I Want You (she’s so heavy) live (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipVnlKtzQ4c)

Falsetto B4 in live versions of Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? (for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IPuPsgEdsE)

South Korean Guru Monk wrote:Significant Low Notes:
F2 ("Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High")

Isn't that a F#2 ? The lowest note I can hear is actually an E2, and that's because Alex goes down to E3, and the second voice is doing the same thing only an octave lower
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Aníbal on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:12 am



Some lows here

avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 pm



I think there's a G2-A2ish note around 1:15

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:48 pm



Are there some G4's in the ending section starting at 2:30?

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 pm



Are there some significant notes from 1:51-2:05 and from 2:33-2:45?

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:12 pm



Some B2's in the chorus? Falsetto G4's around 1:35? Falsetto B4's around 3:10?

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 am

^In Love is a laserquest I hear a A2 (like in all the acoustic versions of this song, for ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LtqEEQv34), but the guitar is tuned a little lower, like a 1/4 of tone, so it is slightly lower.

The Evil Twin note is a glissando from G2 to A2, I guess you could count the G2, but I'm not sure.

For Youre So Dark I hear F#4's and a A4 at the end, and there's some B2's also.

The last shadow puppets video: I believe Alex hits an A4 in the first bit, and a sustained G4 later (and again, he touches a A4).

I hear some C3's, but Alex's mic it's kinda low. The falsetto part is like G4/A4/Bb4 imo.
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Hey, could someone add the new notes found?

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:43 am

Are these all the changes that we found? If there are any wrong ones then by all means correct me.


South Korean Guru Monk wrote:

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: F2-D5

Significant High Notes:

D5 ("Come Together")
C5 ("Snap Out Of It (Fox Uninvited Guest)")
B4 ("Dancing Shoes", "Balaclava", "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me", "Snap Out Of It (Fox Uninvited Guest)", "I.D.S.T.")
A4 ("A View From The Afternoon", "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco", When The Sun Goes Down", "From The Ritz To The Rubble", "This House Is A Circus", "Old Yellow Bricks", "Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?", "Leave Before The Lights Come On", "505", "Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair", "You're So Dark", "The Age Of Understatement")
G♯4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "When The Sun Goes Down", "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala", "Still Take You Home")
G4 ("Teddy Picker", "D Is For Dangerous", "Crying Lightning", "Arabella", "Snap Out Of It", "The Age Of Understatement")

Significant Low Notes:

F2 ("Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High")
G2 ("Evil Twin")
A2 ("505", "Crying Lightning", "Reckless Serenade", "Electricity", "Hiding Tonight", "It's Hard To Get Around The Wind", "Strange (Patsy Cline Cover)", "Love Is A Laserquest")
B♭2 ("Secret Door", "Brick By Brick", "The Jeweller's Hands")
B2 ("This House Is A Circus", "The Bad Thing", "She's Thunderstruck", "Piledriver Waltz", "Suck It And See", "That's Where You're Wrong", "Glass In The Park", "Riot Van")
C3 ("Only Ones Who Know", "If You Were There, Beware", "Black Treacle", "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair", "Little Illusion Machine")

.......................................................
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.


Harry Potter at the mic


Last edited by blaqdolphin on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more notes.)

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:13 pm



Is it the highest note there a B♭4 or a B4 ? What do you guys think?
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  dxfifa on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:47 pm

indielight wrote:

Is it the highest note there a B♭4 or a B4 ? What do you guys think?
B4 I think
avatar
dxfifa

Posts : 250
Join date : 2014-09-19
Age : 20
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 am

I've been checking a lot of stuff, and a few notes in the OP are wrong (for instance the F2 on Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?), so I corrected those notes and add a few as well, aaand here it is, so if the maker of the post wants to take a look, that would be cool !

Spoiler:


Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: G♯2 - B4 (E5)

Significant High Notes:


  • E5 ("You and I")
  • D5 ("Come Together" live, "You and I", “One For The Road” live at Austin City Limits 2013 )
  • C5 ("Snap Out of It" live, “I Want It All” live)
  • B4 ("Dancing Shoes", "Balaclava", "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me", "You and I", “Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?” live, “Ravey Ravey Ravey Club” live)
  • B♭4 (“Still take you home”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “I Wanna be Yours” live at L'Album de la Semaine, “Curtains Close”, “Wavin Bye To The Train Or The Bus”, “I.D.S.T”)
  • A4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco", When The Sun Goes Down", "From The Ritz To The Rubble", "This House Is A Circus", "Old Yellow Bricks", "Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?", "Leave Before The Lights Come On", "505", "Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair", "Crying Lightning", “Come together”, “I Want You she’s so heavy” live, “I.D.S.T”, “Knee Socks”, “You're So Dark”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “The Age of the Understatement” live at Jools Holland, “Do I Wanna Know” live at Fox Uninvited Guest, “Knock A Door Run”, “Space Invaders”)
  • G♯4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "When The Sun Goes Down", "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala", "Still Take You Home", “I Wanna be Yours” live at L'Album de la Semaine, “Choo Choo”, “Pretty Visitors”)
  • G4 ("The View from the Afternoon", "Teddy Picker", "D Is For Dangerous", "Crying Lightning", “Black Treacle”, “Snap Out Of It”, “Cigarette Smoke”, “Stickin to the floor”, “On the run from the mi5”, “Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair”, “Dangerous animals”, “Arabella”, “Do I wanna know” live Austin City Limits 2013, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “The Age of the Understatement” live at Jools Holland, “Curtains Close”, “Wavin Bye To The Train Or The Bus”)


Significant Low Notes:


  • G♯2 ("Dance Little Liar”)
  • A2 ("505", "Crying Lightning", "Reckless Serenade", "Electricity", "Hiding Tonight", "It's Hard To Get Around The Wind", "Strange", “Dance little Liar”, “No 1 Party Anthem”, “Love is a Laserquest” live acoustic, “Evil Twin”)
  • B♭2 ("Secret Door", "The Jeweller's Hands", “Brick by Brick”, "D Is For Dangerous")
  • B2 ("This House Is A Circus", "Balaclava", "She's Thunderstorms", "Piledriver Waltz", "Suck It And See", "That's Where You're Wrong", "Glass In The Park", “Riot Van”, “Brick by Brick”, “Do Me A Favour”,“You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights But You Were Staring Straight at Me”, “You're So Dark”, “Mardy Bum”)
  • C3 ("505", "Only Ones Who Know", "If You Were There, Beware", “The Bad Thing” "Black Treacle", "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair", “Crying Lightning”, "The Jeweller's Hands", “I wanna be Yours”, “Mad Sounds”, “Fireside”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “Mardy Bum” live at Glastonbury 2013, “Walk On The Wild Side” live at Liverpool 2013)



.......................................................................
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
*Blue marks falsetto notes.

avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 am



Hey what are the high notes around 3:05?

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  walkingstethoscopes on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:15 pm

indielight wrote:I've been checking a lot of stuff, and a few notes in the OP are wrong (for instance the F2 on Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?), so I corrected those notes and add a few as well, aaand here it is, so if the maker of the post wants to take a look, that would be cool !

Spoiler:


Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: G♯2 - B4 (E5)

Significant High Notes:


  • E5 ("You and I")
  • D5 ("Come Together" live, "You and I", “One For The Road” live at Austin City Limits 2013 )
  • C5 ("Snap Out of It" live, “I Want It All” live)
  • B4 ("Dancing Shoes", "Balaclava", "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me", "You and I", “Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?” live, “Ravey Ravey Ravey Club” live)
  • B♭4 (“Still take you home”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “I Wanna be Yours” live at L'Album de la Semaine, “Curtains Close”, “Wavin Bye To The Train Or The Bus”, “I.D.S.T”)
  • A4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco", When The Sun Goes Down", "From The Ritz To The Rubble", "This House Is A Circus", "Old Yellow Bricks", "Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?", "Leave Before The Lights Come On", "505", "Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair", "Crying Lightning", “Come together”, “I Want You she’s so heavy” live, “I.D.S.T”, “Knee Socks”, “You're So Dark”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “The Age of the Understatement” live at Jools Holland, “Do I Wanna Know” live at Fox Uninvited Guest, “Knock A Door Run”, “Space Invaders”)
  • G♯4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "When The Sun Goes Down", "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala", "Still Take You Home", “I Wanna be Yours” live at L'Album de la Semaine, “Choo Choo”, “Pretty Visitors”)
  • G4 ("The View from the Afternoon", "Teddy Picker", "D Is For Dangerous", "Crying Lightning", “Black Treacle”, “Snap Out Of It”, “Cigarette Smoke”, “Stickin to the floor”, “On the run from the mi5”, “Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair”, “Dangerous animals”, “Arabella”, “Do I wanna know” live Austin City Limits 2013, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “The Age of the Understatement” live at Jools Holland, “Curtains Close”, “Wavin Bye To The Train Or The Bus”)


Significant Low Notes:


  • G♯2 ("Dance Little Liar”)
  • A2 ("505", "Crying Lightning", "Reckless Serenade", "Electricity", "Hiding Tonight", "It's Hard To Get Around The Wind", "Strange", “Dance little Liar”, “No 1 Party Anthem”, “Love is a Laserquest” live acoustic, “Evil Twin”)
  • B♭2 ("Secret Door", "The Jeweller's Hands", “Brick by Brick”, "D Is For Dangerous")
  • B2 ("This House Is A Circus", "Balaclava", "She's Thunderstorms", "Piledriver Waltz", "Suck It And See", "That's Where You're Wrong", "Glass In The Park", “Riot Van”, “Brick by Brick”, “Do Me A Favour”,“You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights But You Were Staring Straight at Me”, “You're So Dark”, “Mardy Bum”)
  • C3 ("505", "Only Ones Who Know", "If You Were There, Beware", “The Bad Thing” "Black Treacle", "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair", “Crying Lightning”, "The Jeweller's Hands", “I wanna be Yours”, “Mad Sounds”, “Fireside”, “Little Ilusion Machine” live at Olympia 2012, “Mardy Bum” live at Glastonbury 2013, “Walk On The Wild Side” live at Liverpool 2013)



.......................................................................
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
*Blue marks falsetto notes.

Awesome job with this dude btw, your capitalisation can be a little erratic (like "I wanna be Yours" should be "I Wanna Be Yours") but that's just me being pedantic. Is the G#2 from Dance Little Liar on the line "When there's dirt beneath THE dirt"?
avatar
walkingstethoscopes

Posts : 188
Join date : 2013-06-13
Location : Straya

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/thefrequencyband1

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  MrChongHead on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:07 pm

blaqdolphin wrote:

Hey what are the high notes around 3:05?
F♯4s and a brief A4.

MrChongHead

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-02-14
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Aníbal on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 pm

This guy's voice has changed a lot. Chris martin can sing higher than him, his highest now is a G4 and sometimes A4. I'll always stand that he's a high baritone. I'm not trying to start a discussion but you guys should check his acoustic performances in 2014 and compare those with the 2005/2007 when his voice was a lot higher because he was a "teenager"
avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  dro94 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:47 pm

I honestly don't understand some of these arguments in here.

He doesn't have a light speaking or singing voice, at least not anymore. He doesn't have a particularly high passaggio either and struggles with anything around G4 or higher. Strong lows from newer material too.

dro94

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Aníbal on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 pm

I think we should add the F#4 in his significant high notes too


check: 3:54 he's just dying


check his lows at 4:05
and his high B in 5:03 It's obvius that he can't do that never again in his life



I think you're judging his voice type only for their first albums when he was a puberty boy, now he's almost 30.
avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:55 am

A4 is the highest note on Hold On, We're Going Home.

Yeah, youre right about the capitalisation, I don't know why I do that, I suppose I just really don't care about it haha.

Is the G#2 from Dance Little Liar on the line "When there's dirt beneath THE dirt"?
Yes!

I personally dont give a shit about the High Baritone / Tenor discussion, if you guys consider he's a HB that's you're opinion and its fine.. he's clearly a Tenor imo. But, nevertheless, Puberty -according to my knowledge- begins at 12 and ends at 16 approx, and he was 20 years old when WPSIATWIN came out, so he was not a "puberty boy".
I believe the years, the smoking, and the fact that he changed the way he used to sing makes it look like he has a lower register now.

F#4's could be included imo too, since there's a few songs that tops right there.
The lowest note in Balaclava is a B2 (the same as the studio version).

So, I don't mean to sound rude but, is the maker of the thread EVER going to update it ?
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Aníbal on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 pm

indielight wrote:A4 is the highest note on Hold On, We're Going Home.

Yeah, youre right about the capitalisation, I don't know why I do that, I suppose I just really don't care about it haha.

Is the G#2 from Dance Little Liar on the line "When there's dirt beneath THE dirt"?
Yes!

I personally dont give a shit about the High Baritone / Tenor discussion, if you guys consider he's a HB that's you're opinion and its fine.. he's clearly a Tenor imo. But, nevertheless, Puberty -according to my knowledge- begins at 12 and ends at 16 approx, and he was 20 years old when WPSIATWIN came out, so he was not a "puberty boy".
I believe the years, the smoking, and the fact that he changed the way he used to sing makes it look like he has a lower register now.

F#4's could be included imo too, since there's a few songs that tops right there.
The lowest note in Balaclava is a B2 (the same as the studio version).

So, I don't mean to sound rude but, is the maker of the thread EVER going to update it ?

it's funny because Harry Styles is Classified as a Baritone Laughing
avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Rebsedd on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 am

Styles is a natural bari. This guy smokes, drinks and uses drugs like a motherfucker, that's where his tone comes from. I'd still say low tenor. But yeah, just tenor is good.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum