Alex Turner

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 pm

A Black D5 in Come together?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 pm

anibalf5 wrote:A Black D5 in Come together?

It sounds like straight falsetto to me but I'm no expert or anything.

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm

blaqdolphin wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:A Black D5 in Come together?

It sounds like straight falsetto to me but I'm no expert or anything.

i'm not an expert neither but that note is clearly a Falsetto, even singing Black treacle he struggles with the G4s and the A4, his highest full note was a B4 in balaclava but he can't sing that song anymore, at least in that key
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm

blaqdolphin wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:A Black D5 in Come together?

It sounds like straight falsetto to me but I'm no expert or anything.

i'm not an expert neither but that note is clearly a Falsetto, even singing Black treacle he struggles with the G4s and the A4, his highest full note was a B4 in balaclava but he can't sing that song anymore, at least in that key.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  blaqdolphin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 pm

anibalf5 wrote:
blaqdolphin wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:A Black D5 in Come together?

It sounds like straight falsetto to me but I'm no expert or anything.

i'm not an expert neither but that note is clearly a Falsetto, even singing Black treacle he struggles with the G4s and the A4, his highest full note was a B4 in balaclava but he can't sing that song anymore, at least in that key.

Very true. It's clear from any live performance that he can't get up there as easily as he used to.

blaqdolphin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 25
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Karl on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:05 am

I don't really think it matters what register it is.

Karl
Range Advisor

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 am

Hodor wrote:I don't really think it matters what register it is.

its important, that gives you a clear idea of the singer's voice just seeing the thread.

if you see a thread of a singer who have a G4 as his highest full voice note you can think: well, maybe this guy have a deep voice

but if you see a black D5 you may think that this guy have probably a no nuts voice
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:49 am

anibalf5 wrote:
Hodor wrote:I don't really think it matters what register it is.

its important, that gives you a clear idea of the singer's voice just seeing the thread.

if you see a thread of a singer who have a G4 as his highest full voice note you can think: well, maybe this guy have a deep voice

but if you see a black D5 you may think that this guy have probably a no nuts voice
wouldnt it be more logical to look at the lows if you wanted to know if someone had a low voice?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 pm

full voice wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:
Hodor wrote:I don't really think it matters what register it is.

its important, that gives you a clear idea of the singer's voice just seeing the thread.

if you see a thread of a singer who have a G4 as his highest full voice note you can think: well, maybe this guy have a deep voice

but if you see a black D5 you may think that this guy have probably a no nuts voice
wouldnt it be more logical to look at the lows if you wanted to know if someone had a low voice?

you're right, my bad, the only thing a wanted to say was: that D5 in Come together was in falsetto, maybe in Donuts threads doesn't matter to mark the registers, but I think we should put standards for the threads here because i've seen too many singers with Black 6th Octave notes that end with a guy screaming wooh and the notes are not even close to be full.
I know that doesn't matter if they're full or not but we have to differenciate falsetto notes from full notes just seing the thread, I saw a thread of Brendon Urie From you and have black E5's in the ballad of mona lisa, i heared the song and the notes are there in the backing vocals but are full, thats a good thread. i don't know if you get me now

just an opinion
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:21 pm

anibalf5 wrote:
full voice wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:
Hodor wrote:I don't really think it matters what register it is.

its important, that gives you a clear idea of the singer's voice just seeing the thread.

if you see a thread of a singer who have a G4 as his highest full voice note you can think: well, maybe this guy have a deep voice

but if you see a black D5 you may think that this guy have probably a no nuts voice
wouldnt it be more logical to look at the lows if you wanted to know if someone had a low voice?

you're right, my bad, the only thing a wanted to say was: that D5 in Come together was in falsetto, maybe in Donuts threads doesn't matter to mark the registers, but I think we should put standards for the threads here because i've seen too many singers with Black 6th Octave notes that end with a guy screaming wooh and the notes are not even close to be full.

just an opinion

you're wrong anibal, see that jonathan davis thread wasn't coloured because of this:



you see that roadney told me there was a few notes that i didn't had notewatched so i asked him wich colour where them cause i was too lazy to do it. I want you to check my threads and tell me how them lack colouring, i do think also that sometimes it is worthless to put colours, but yeah that D5 is blue.
avatar
DonutsGalacticos

Posts : 2416
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 27
Location : Venespa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:32 am

anibalf5 wrote:
I know that doesn't matter if they're full or not but we have to differenciate falsetto notes from full notes
why?

"It doesn't matter but we have to do it" is not a very strong argument.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  The Great Heroins on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:36 am

Haha, yea we don't "have to differentiate falsetto notes from full notes."


Last edited by Kepp on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no plus)
avatar
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-12-30
Age : 21
Location : LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Karl on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:05 am

anibalf5 wrote:if you see a thread of a singer who have a G4 as his highest full voice note you can think: well, maybe this guy have a deep voice
I can't hit anything chesty-sounding past F4, and I have quite a light voice. That is not the way it works.

And black does not mean full, it means "tonally consistent". At least for threads with this old format.

Karl
Range Advisor

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:15 am

full voice wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:
I know that doesn't matter if they're full or not but we have to differenciate falsetto notes from full notes
why?

"It doesn't matter but we have to do it" is not a very strong argument.

why you're always like that? you get why i'm trying to say, I barely speak english
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:45 am

anibalf5 wrote:

why you're always like that? you get why i'm trying to say, I barely speak english
No I don't, which is why I'm asking. You haven't actually given a reason to why falsetto and "full" voice would be separated. If you can give a convincing argument explaining what we have to gain from doing so, please enlighten us.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 pm

One of my favourite singers!  Smile

I believe there's a B2 in Riot Van, some F#4s in Mardy bum and Why'd you only call me when you're high, a falsetto G4 in Snap Out of It and a full G4 in Arabella (http://youtu.be/Jn6-TItCazo?t=2m41s), Cigarette Smoke (http://youtu.be/-3LAWqrRaGE?t=49s) , Stickin to the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVMJkZGpSc) and On the run from the mi5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOxkTVA17k)
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:06 pm

full voice wrote:
anibalf5 wrote:

why you're always like that? you get why i'm trying to say, I barely speak english
No I don't, which is why I'm asking. You haven't actually given a reason to why falsetto and "full" voice would be separated. If you can give a convincing argument explaining what we have to gain from doing so, please enlighten us.

Oh, I get it man, well, I'm not that used to the way we post vocalists ranges here, maybe you can explain me better why some threads like Julian Casablancas Thread have his falsetto notes at blue and some threads like this or the pantera singer have some non-modal notes marked black, sometimes I get confused because what I expect from a vocalist when I see his thread here, sometimes its not what I was thinking

For example

Vitas

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t211-vitas?highlight=vitas

Have his falsetto notes in blue right? he isn't screaming out of his lungs that sixth octave notes

Trent Reznor, the Nine Inch Nails Vocalist

He have a D6! in full voice, in "Burn" and that's a non-modal note, and his voice have a lot of filters here. that could be confusing

and let's get real if that D6 was in his register he could easily sing even Whitney Houston songs, even sing Opera 2 of vitas in full voice
so he's virtualy a God of singing, and for the new users that could be confunsing, and I know that in this thread Italics mark non melodic notes
so that's when i get to what i'm trying to explain


.......................................................
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

the Italics are barely visible sometimes

I think we should do a standards for all the threads

like just one "legend" or "color meaning" that all we can use for us threads.


Hope you understand me better now man!


Last edited by anibalf5 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:09 pm

indielight wrote:One of my favourite singers!  Smile

I believe there's a B2 in Riot Van, some F#4s in Mardy bum and Why'd you only call me when you're high, a falsetto G4 in Snap Out of It and a full G4 in Arabella (http://youtu.be/Jn6-TItCazo?t=2m41s), Cigarette Smoke (http://youtu.be/-3LAWqrRaGE?t=49s) , Stickin to the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVMJkZGpSc) and On the run from the mi5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOxkTVA17k)


You're right with the G4's man, In his last Album the drummer sang in so many songs that we could make a thread of him haha
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  indielight on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:14 pm

anibalf5 wrote:You're right with the G4's man, In his last Album the drummer sang in so many songs that we could make a thread of him haha

haha yeah! Matt definitely deserves its own thread Razz
avatar
indielight

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-03-08
Location : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:58 pm

How many times does it have to be repeated that black does not mean full?

But yes you are right, not all threads follow the same system which can be confusing...unless you actually listen to the singers and will hear what the notes sound like for yourself.

See what you're missing is that only an idiot would care about the notes of a singer he doesn't listen to. Which is why arguments such as "you would think he has a no nuts voice" fall apart because if you just listen to the singer, you'll hear that that's not the case.

But anyway, the reason for the slight mess is that the forum is in a bit of a transition period and different people wanna follow different systems.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Cause someday we're going to be as big as personality café and lots of corporations will be fighting to put ads on some threads including mines because of the controversy they generate, some people just can't see it.
avatar
DonutsGalacticos

Posts : 2416
Join date : 2012-09-03
Age : 27
Location : Venespa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:45 am

full voice wrote:But anyway, the reason for the slight mess is that the forum is in a bit of a transition period and different people wanna follow different systems.

Conflique wrote:Fuck you guys. All this work and all I get is shit, thank you.


Oh, ok man  Laughing 

I didn't knew that Black doesn't mean full, that's all
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Lurex on Mon May 19, 2014 12:28 am

love this guys voice lately. it's a shame they aren't coming back to detroit anytime soon, their last concert here in february was sold out immediately.
avatar
Lurex

Posts : 3124
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

alex turner is an autentical tenor

Post  esteban velez on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:38 pm

have you ever compared John lennon´s (a real high baritone) "come together" with arctic monkeys´ version?. it is obvious to me that alex is a tenor, maybe he doesn´t know how to sing the notes that are over his passaggio zone, or maybe he doesn´t care about it. he has pretty well done g4 in a song named IDST, and if he has a dark voice lately, it is because he smokes and drink always.

many of the real tenors (in classical music), have the ability to sing low notes, i mean extremely low notes, and not because of that they fell into the range of a baritone. an example is Andrea bocelli, he is a light tenor (with a D5 perfectly sung) but he actually can sing notes that i doubt even a baritone could sing (a D 2 in "resta qui", check it if u don´t believe it).

esteban velez

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Karl on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

esteban velez wrote:have you ever compared John lennon´s (a real high baritone) "come together" with arctic monkeys´ version?. it is obvious to me that alex is a tenor, maybe he doesn´t know how to sing the notes that are over his passaggio zone, or maybe he doesn´t care about it. he has pretty well done g4 in a song named IDST, and if he has a dark voice lately, it is because he smokes and drink always.

many of the real tenors (in classical music), have the ability to sing low notes, i mean extremely low notes, and not because of that  they fell into the range of a baritone. an example is Andrea bocelli, he is a light tenor (with a D5 perfectly sung) but he actually can sing notes that i doubt even a baritone could sing (a D 2 in "resta qui", check it if u don´t believe it).

You don't think baritones can sing D2s?
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t2683-adon-fanion
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t1659-mike-patton
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t37-ville-valo
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t427-warrel-dane
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t143-daniel-gildenlow
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t45-david-lee-roth
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t279-mikael-akerfeldt
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t65-phil-anselmo

Karl
Range Advisor

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum