Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alex Turner

Post  South Korean Guru Monk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: F2-D5

Significant High Notes:

D5 ("Come Together")
B4 ("Dancing Shoes", "Balaclava", "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me")
A4 ("A View From The Afternoon", "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "Fake Tales Of San Francisco", When The Sun Goes Down", "From The Ritz To The Rubble", "This House Is A Circus", "Old Yellow Bricks", "Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?", "Leave Before The Lights Come On", "505", "Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair")
G♯4 ("I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", "When The Sun Goes Down", "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala", "Still Take You Home")
G4 ("Teddy Picker", "D Is For Dangerous", "Crying Lightning")

Significant Low Notes:

F2 ("Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High")
A2 ("505", "Crying Lightning", "Reckless Serenade", "Electricity", "Hiding Tonight", "It's Hard To Get Around The Wind", "Strange (Patsy Cline Cover)")
B♭2 ("Secret Door", "Brick By Brick", "The Jeweller's Hands")
B2 ("This House Is A Circus", "The Bad Thing", "She's Thunderstruck", "Piledriver Waltz", "Suck It And See", "That's Where You're Wrong", "Glass In The Park")
C3 ("Only Ones Who Know", "If You Were There, Beware", "Black Treacle", "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Harry Potter at the mic

Last edited by DonutsGalacticos on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 12 times in total

South Korean Guru Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex Turner

Post  galahei on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:51 am

Sounds like a HB to me, his lows are too deep/heavy for a LT (as in Crying Lightning for example). Also, there are some mistakes here: the name of the B4 song is "Balaclava" and the B2 is "She's Thunderstorms". And, I think there is a A4 in 505.

Last edited by galahei on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  South Korean Guru Monk on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 am

No way he is an HB, he just like to sing in his lower range, you can even hear he slowdtruggles with some easy lows at like Bb2, he avoid the lows on brick by brick when performing them live, i think they got someone to do the lowson the record.
I'll check those notes and fix the mistakes on the names when i get my computer.

South Korean Guru Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galahei on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 pm

OK, you got a point. I watched some interviews and you're right, he sounds like a LT speaking. I still think he got too deep lows for a LT, but idk that can be a individual voice characteristic

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 am

galahei wrote:OK, you got a point. I watched some interviews and you're right, he sounds like a LT speaking. I still think he got too deep lows for a LT, but idk that can be a individual voice characteristic
Maybe your idea of a low tenor just isn't the same as ours. Have you heard the lows of Paul Mccartney?

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderlust on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:41 am

galahei wrote:OK, you got a point. I watched some interviews and you're right, he sounds like a LT speaking.
Interviews, the best way to judge how to categorize someone's singing voice. Rolling Eyes

Wanderlust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 am

Abacus wrote:
galahei wrote:OK, you got a point. I watched some interviews and you're right, he sounds like a LT speaking.
Interviews, the best way to judge how to categorize someone's singing voice. Rolling Eyes
don't be a dick, dick.

Back to top Go down

Post  galahei on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm

It's good to hear someone singing and speaking so you can be sure, I thought Chris Martin was a low tenor until I heard he speaking. Anyways, I take my example for HB (F2-B4), and almost all songs by Arctic Monkeys are in my perfectly confortable range, so that's why I thought he was a HB. Sorry about that Confused

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Ugh that's a pretty standard range for a "low tenor".

And Alex isn't even very close to F2 anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post  galahei on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Sippe wrote:Ugh that's a pretty standard range for a "low tenor".

Yeah, true that. But the range I posted above (F2-B4) it's like a "fake" range. I only get to notes above A4 when I don't use my voice for like a week or something (and screaming my throat out)... I did a C5 once, but it was terrible. I can get to a D#2 in fry, but it's almost inaudible, and my confortable range is from F#2 to G4. That's why I think I'm a high baritone.

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  galahei on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Also, I think I heard lots of Bb2s in The Jeweller's Hands, it's clear at 1:38:

And the A4s in 505 I mentioned before are all after the "explosion", at 2:28:

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderlust on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Sippe wrote:
Abacus wrote:
don't be a dick, dick.
Sorry, was I stealing your thunder?

Wanderlust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

galahei wrote:

Yeah, true that. But the range I posted above (F2-B4) it's like a "fake" range. I only get to notes above A4 when I don't use my voice for like a week or something (and screaming my throat out)... I did a C5 once, but it was terrible. I can get to a D#2 in fry, but it's almost inaudible, and my confortable range is from F#2 to G4. That's why I think I'm a high baritone.
I'm not talking about you, I'm just saying there's no reason to believe that Alex is a high baritone based on that range.

Back to top Go down

Post  galahei on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 am

Sippe wrote:
galahei wrote:

I'm not talking about you, I'm just saying there's no reason to believe that Alex is a high baritone based on that range.

ah, ok.

galahei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  South Korean Guru Monk on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:17 pm

galahei wrote:Also, I think I heard lots of Bb2s in The Jeweller's Hands, it's clear at 1:38:
And the A4s in 505 I mentioned before are all after the "explosion", at 2:28:

thanks man, i added them Smile

South Korean Guru Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top