Caleb Followill

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Caleb Followill

Post  Aníbal on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:28 am

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Aníbal wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anybody know if Alderbaran is still interested in Caleb? If not; I might take this thread, too. Seeing as how Ive grown to like Caleb through the overplayed nature of Kings of Leon in my household thanks to my father. If he's not; I'll go through the KOL albums tomorrow or perhaps later tonight and see what I can find.

NEW OP OUTLINE/LOOK:

Voice Type: Royal Tenor
Vocal Range:
Best Display of Range:
Associated Acts: Kings of Leon (2000-present)
High Notes:

Low Notes:

.................................................................................................
*underlines mark notes that are in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Blue marks disconnected, soft falsetto notes and whistle notes.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Best Vocal Performances:
Best Vocal Performances (Studio)
1.Closer
2.Sex On Fire
Caleb is the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the band "Kings of Leon".
RESEARCHERS / CONTRIBUTORS:
Original Research/Post: Alderbaran
1st Re-post: SHEAKENBAKEN
This OP was GREATLY ADDED TO AND HELPED OUT BY:
Well done guys!
DISCOGRAPHY:
Kings of Leon
1.Youth & Young Manhood (2003) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
2.Aha Shake Heartbreak (2004) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
3.Because Of The Times (2007) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
4.Only By The Night (2008) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
5.Come Around Sundown (2010) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
6.Mechanical Bull (2013) - lead vocals, rhythm guitar

I just realized that this was in the regular section when I posted the reply; is this thread seriously done? The OP even still says "unfinished" so what's the situation here?

This Looks way cooler Cool

I can help on this, Kings Of Leon Is one of my favorite bands

If you do; that'd be greatly appreciated, Anibal! which albums would you plan on doing/how should we organize this? I mean even if the thread was close to being done or not; it's probably good to modernize/update some threads now and again...

Mechanical Bull and Come around Sundown, the last thread I did was this

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3463-gerard-way?highlight=gerard+way

we can do the same thing I did there with this guy about his really high and unintentional notes on the first album of kings of leon
Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Aníbal wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Aníbal wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Does anybody know if Alderbaran is still interested in Caleb? If not; I might take this thread, too. Seeing as how Ive grown to like Caleb through the overplayed nature of Kings of Leon in my household thanks to my father. If he's not; I'll go through the KOL albums tomorrow or perhaps later tonight and see what I can find.

NEW OP OUTLINE/LOOK:

Vocal Range:
Best Display of Range:
High Notes:

Low Notes:

.................................................................................................
*underlines mark notes that are in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.

Best Vocal Performances:
1.Closer
2.Sex On Fire
Well done guys!
DISCOGRAPHY:
Kings of Leon

I just realized that this was in the regular section when I posted the reply; is this thread seriously done? The OP even still says "unfinished" so what's the situation here?

If you do; that'd be greatly appreciated, Anibal! which albums would you plan on doing/how should we organize this? I mean even if the thread was close to being done or not; it's probably good to modernize/update some threads now and again...

we can do the same thing I did there with this guy about his really high and unintentional notes on the first album of kings of leon

This OP format actually looks way better. I'm back to TRP, so any help of you guys would be very nice, we can do it all together! However, I don't know what I should do with his higher range yet.
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Aldebaran wrote:
Aníbal wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Aníbal wrote:

NEW OP OUTLINE/LOOK:

Vocal Range:
Best Display of Range:
High Notes:

Low Notes:

Best Vocal Performances:
1.Closer
2.Sex On Fire
Well done guys!
DISCOGRAPHY:
Kings of Leon

This OP format actually looks way better. I'm back to TRP, so any help of you guys would be very nice, we can do it all together! However, I don't know what I should do with his higher range yet.
If you're back feel free to use my OP outline I wouldn't mind but seeing as how you'd still be the OP I don't think you'd need the repost mentions in the r/C section.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:57 am

Updated! Now it's time to notewatch "Mechanical Bull" songs and research that best display of range stuff to insert it in the OP.
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 am

You should note watch more of their albums.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korven on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:25 am

I would definitely say Caleb is a high baritone. Listen to interviews with him and you can hear that he speaks with quite a deep voice.
Also, my own voice is extremely, almost disturbingly, similar to Caleb's, and from this i know that the reason he can reach high notes in the fourth octave is that he like me, in some wierd way, pulls the fry register up and into his chest voice. I do this all the time, when i speak and when i sing, and it's a very relaxed way of singing and speaking which saves the voice from too much strain if you're good at it. It also gives the voice a crackly sound or whatever you'd call it. Smile I can promise you that he, like me, would have extreme problems with singing an A4 without the fry technique.
The funny thing is that this technique is not the least bit intentional, it's just the way some people use their voice. I doubt that Caleb does it intentionally. I didn't even know that i sang like him until i started listening to Kings Of Leon some years ago and it was at like hearing myself sometimes except that Caleb is a far more talented singer than I am haha...

Korven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:02 am

Korven wrote:I would definitely say Caleb is a high baritone. Listen to interviews with him and you can hear that he speaks with quite a deep voice.
Also, my own voice is extremely, almost disturbingly, similar to Caleb's, and from this i know that the reason he can reach high notes in the fourth octave is that he like me, in some wierd way, pulls the fry register up and into his chest voice. I do this all the time, when i speak and when i sing, and it's a very relaxed way of singing and speaking which saves the voice from too much strain if you're good at it. It also gives the voice a crackly sound or whatever you'd call it. Smile I can promise you that he, like me, would have extreme problems with singing an A4 without the fry technique.
The funny thing is that this technique is not the least bit intentional, it's just the way some people use their voice. I doubt that Caleb does it intentionally. I didn't even know that i sang like him until i started listening to Kings Of Leon some years ago and it was at like hearing myself sometimes except that Caleb is a far more talented singer than I am haha...

Vocal types have to do with more than just how high and/or low a voice can get. And true, he has a deeper Tenor voice, but in comparison to a vocalist heavy Baritone like Chad Kroeger of Nickelback, he possesses a Tenor like quality in his voice.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korven on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:31 am

[/quote]
Vocal types have to do with more than just how high and/or low a voice can get. And true, he has a deeper Tenor voice, but in comparison to a vocalist heavy Baritone like Chad Kroeger of Nickelback, he possesses a Tenor like quality in his voice.[/quote]

Indeed there's more to a vocal type than range. What i meant is that since I am definitely a high baritone and since i know my own voice very well and Calebs voice is very much like mine i think i can say with some certitude that he's a high baritone. This isn't only because of the range but also because of timbre and lots of other subtle things that make me believe he's a high baritone. I'm a very intuitive person so I'm sorry to say I can't specify what makes me think he's a high baritone, It's mostly a gut feeling. Smile Who knows,I might be wrong.
Korven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 14, 2015 7:46 am

Can Caleb even hit that A6 and B6 in live performances? On top of that, the studio version of Charmer, when he hits those notes they sound like shit. I don't think that they're even worth counting.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Private Perineum on Thu May 14, 2015 7:52 am

The best performances list........ Confused
Private Perineum

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/timialexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Parallax on Thu May 14, 2015 1:20 pm

if a note is red, it usually shouldnt be counted as its probably not significant. if the note is what i think it is, which is a random screech or squeal that you know he could never reproduce, then its definitely not significant. plus, this dude needs more low notes or its off to the trash with this fellow
Parallax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Parallax wrote:if a note is red, it usually shouldnt be counted as its probably not significant. if the note is what i think it is, which is a random screech or squeal that you know he could never reproduce, then its definitely not significant. plus, this dude needs more low notes or its off to the trash with this fellow
Listen to Charmer, it's this weird screech thing that he's never done during a live performance of the song. As a matter of fact, the Kings Of Leon haven't ever really played that song too many times during a show.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 am

That he's never done it live doesn't matter at all though.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Fri May 15, 2015 2:28 am

And you've done horrible research. The first live performance of the song that I find has the screams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_orIVD9KZE&t=50s

EDIT: Second video I found ALSO had the screams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ehbZYMZng&t=18s Jesus you're bad at this.

EDIT2: Third performance as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFxuwaZkLc&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5xXbZy9ko&t=28s did you even try?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhXQOnWPrz0&t=18s It's a miracle you managed to find a video WITHOUT the screams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5EXqYRNyLE&t=39m25s it's getting ridiculous now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHSUYPsi10&t=25s okay I'm bored of this now

Oh and I'd say they've played the song a fair bit: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/kings-of-leon-23d6985b.html

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top