View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mika

Post  B6 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

Voice type: Tenor
Vocal range: F2-A5

Significant High Notes:

• A5 (''Lollipop'')
  • G♯5 ("Happy Ending" live)
  • G5 ("Grace Kelly", ''My Interpretation'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'')
  • F♯5 ("Relax, Take It Easy", "Love Today", ''One Foot Boy'')
  • F5 ("Kick Ass", "Stuck In The Middle", ''Underwater'')
  • E5 ("We Are Golden", "Grace Kelly", "Stuck in The Middle",''Touches You'')
  • E♭5 ("Lollipop", "Love Today", ''Big Girls (You are Beautiful)'', ''Rain'')
  • D5 ("Love Today", "My Interpretation", ''We Are Golden'', ''Celebrate'', ''Ring Ring'', ''Relax, Take It Easy'', ''Billy Brown'', "Stuck In The Middle'', ''Grace Kelly'', ''Love Today'', ''Good Girl Gone'', ''Stardust'', ''Make You Happy'', ''Lady Jane'')
  • C♯5 ("Lollipop"', ''My Interpretation'', ''Love Today'', ''Relax,Take It Easy'', ''Happy Ending'', ''I See You'')
  • C5 (''We Are Golden'', ''Grace Kelly'', ''Billy Brown'', ''Happy Ending'', ''Over My Shoulder'', ''Stuck In The Middle'', ''Touches You'', ''By The Time'', ''Pokerface'', ''Heroes'', ''The Origin Of Love'', ''Make You Happy'', ''Overrated'')
  • B4 (''Grace Kelly'', ''Love Today'', ''Relax,Take It Easy'', ''Billy Brown'', ''Happy Ending'', ''Over My Shoulder'', ''Blame It On The Girls'', ''Celebrate'', ''We Are Young'', ''Good Girl Gone'', ''Love You When I'm Drunk'', ''Satellite'')
  • B♭4 ("Kick Ass", ''Elle Me Dit'', ''Blame It On The Girls'', ''Lollipop'', ''Any Other World'', ''Over My Shoulder'')

Significant Low Notes:

• B2 ("Big Girl, You Are Beautiful", ''Love Today'', ''Ring Ring'', ''Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)'', ''We Are Golden'', ''Popular Song'', ''The Origin Of Love'', ''Step With Me'', ''Your Sympathy'', ''Lonely Alcoholic'')
  • B♭2 ("Make You Happy", ''Make You Happy'')
  • A2 (''Elle Me Dit'', ''Let It Snow'', ''Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)'', ''Satellite'')
  • G♯2 (''L'amour dans le mauvais temps'')
  • G2 (''My Interpretation'', ''We Are Golden'', ''Heroes'', ''Step With Me'', ''Kids'')
  • F♯2 (''Ring Ring'')
  • F2 (''Overrated'')

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

–Thread by Martin and Muffin.

Last edited by B6 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am; edited 4 times in total
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mika

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 am

Just THAT?! I Thought Mika had some pretty impressive high notes, i didnt think of it as only that much of a range?..

I did read in an article a few weeks ago that his falsetto is already starting to decline, and he is having trouble hitting all those high notes.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 am

bradphone wrote:Just THAT?! I Thought Mika had some pretty impressive high notes, i didnt think of it as only that much of a range?..

so you call an Eb5 an unimpressive high note? And the thread, though still new, already covers almost 3 octaves of singing range. Which is not bad at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am

Somma1984 wrote:
bradphone wrote:Just THAT?! I Thought Mika had some pretty impressive high notes, i didnt think of it as only that much of a range?..

so you call an Eb5 an unimpressive high note? And the thread, though still new, already covers almost 3 octaves of singing range. Which is not bad at all.

is it a falsetto note? because i dont think an Eb5 is THAT impressive of a falsetto note, i hear a lot of people sing close/above that note.

If its an full voiced note, yes.. then i think it IS impressive.

The thread was on the old forum aswell, i`m to be honest more impressed by the Justin Bieber Bb5 notes on Boyfriend then this..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AJD125 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 am

the Eb5 is full. and well I doubt that Justin Bieber could hid a Bb5. all of his stuff sounds processed as hell. I totally lold at him trying to sing low at the beginning of Boyfriend. his range is about C3-C5 i reckon. (sorry for going off topic)

back on topic, I felt sure lollipop went higher than a C#5. doesn't it have some really high falsetto stuff unless I'm thinking of a different song? the old thread has it as an A5.

Last edited by AJD125 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
AJD125

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/37057lfc

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am

AJD125 wrote:the Eb5 is full. and well I doubt that Justine Bieber could hid a Bb5. all of his stuff sounds processed as hell. I totally lold at him trying to sing low at the beginning of Boyfriend. his range is about C3-C5 i reckon.

I didnt knew that it was full, yeah i`m impressed by that :O

Well, Bieber is a pretty good live singer, and however, it sounds processed, but not thát much processed, Bieber once said in an interview, they use some Melodyne on his voice, because thats easier then just singing it over and over, but he did hit very high notes, and the end of Boyfriend realy was a Bb5, and i believe that he could get some 6th octave notes if he tried..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am

I think if somebody wants to notewatch / discuss Biebers range they can create a thread for him in WIP section.

Regarding Mika: We should really update the thread with the notes from the threadless section, I had missed that bit totally.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 am

Somma1984 wrote:I think if somebody wants to notewatch / discuss Biebers range they can create a thread for him in WIP section.

The dude deserves a thread, no matter what y'all think of his music. Quite a good singer for his age.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 am

The Challenger wrote:
Somma1984 wrote:I think if somebody wants to notewatch / discuss Biebers range they can create a thread for him in WIP section.

The dude deserves a thread, no matter what y'all think of his music. Quite a good singer for his age.

No objections at all. let's just try to discuss Mika in here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:10 am

Regarding Mika: We should really update the thread with the notes from the threadless section, I had missed that bit totally.
Done, haven't checked them but I trust Martin Smile
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am

B6 wrote:
Somma1984 wrote:
Done, haven't checked them but I trust Martin Smile

Cheers mate Handshake

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 am

Thanks B6 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 am

2.40 on sounds like a full slide up to F5

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 am

Martin28 wrote:2.40 on sounds like a full slide up to F5

Isn't there a switch at 2:44?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 am

Somma1984 wrote:
Martin28 wrote:2.40 on sounds like a full slide up to F5

Isn't there a switch at 2:44?

Ya there is But it
Sounds full to me

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 am

We are talking about the 2nd vocal right?... because at that time stamp you hear him in falsetto, and you hear him in full voice..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 am

Full.

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:37 am

Damn son :O
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 am

The Challenger wrote:Full.

So you disagree with me? Let's saddle our dragons and meet for an eternal fight over the misty forests of the north.
Btw, Mum said I gotta be back home before 10pm, so we better hurry up.

Okay, full then. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 am

Add these to the thread

Highs

G5 (''Pick Up Off The Floor'')
F♯5 (''One Foot Boy'')
F5 (''Pick Up Off The Floor'', ''Underwater'')
E5 (''One Foot Boy'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'', ''Touches You'')
D5 (''Good Girl Gone'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'', ''Stardust'', ''Make You Happy'', ''Lady Jane'')
C♯5 (''I See You'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'')
C5 (''I see You'', ''Good Girl Gone'', ''By The Time'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'', ''Pokerface'', ''Heroes'', ''The Origin Of Love'',
''Make You Happy'', ''Underwater'', ''Overrated'', ''Lady Jane'')
B4 (''Good Girl Gone'', ''One Foot Boy'', ''The Origin Of Love'', ''Stardust'', ''Love You When I'm Drunk'', ''Satellite'')
B♭4 (''I See You'', ''Pokerface'', ''Heroes'', ''The Origin Of Love'', ''Lady Jane'' ''Underwater'', ''Overrated'', ''Love You When I'm Drunk'')

Lows

C3 (''By The Time'', ''Toy Boy'', ''Pick Up Off The Floor'', ''The Origin Of Love'',''Lola'', ''Stardust'', ''Underwater'', ''Overrated'')
B2 (''Popular Song'', ''The Origin Of Love'', ''Step With Me'', ''Stardust'', ''Your Sympathy'', ''Lonely Alcoholic'')
B♭2 (''Make You Happy'')
A2 (''Step With Me'', ''Kids'', ''Overrated'', ''Satellite'')
G♯2 (''L'amour dans le mauvais temps'')
G2 (''Heroes'', ''Step With Me'', ''Kids'', ''Overrated'')
F2 (''Overrated'')

Great work Everyone So far on the page Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

I did read in an article a few weeks ago that his falsetto is already starting to decline, and he is having trouble hitting all those high notes.

Just because someone constantly uses Falsetto doesn't mean theres gonna be wailing 6th octave notes constantly
Look at Barry Gibbs Thread I was literally expecting like 2 octave sworth of Falsetto notes and the highest he went was A G5

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 pm

*G#5
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

B6 wrote:*G#5

I know this is going off topic but
Just listened to ''How deep is your love''
OMG!!! That chest voice is beautiful!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 am

Martin28 wrote:

Just because someone constantly uses Falsetto doesn't mean theres gonna be wailing 6th octave notes constantly
Look at Barry Gibbs Thread I was literally expecting like 2 octave sworth of Falsetto notes and the highest he went was A G5

Exactly the same thing i had with the Tiny Tim thread, i expected much higher notes, but well 5th octave notes are great aswell Smile
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top