Lead singer for Roxette.

Voice type: Mezzo-Soprano
Vocal range: C3-F5
Sung range: E3-F5

Significant high notes:
F5 ('It Must Have Been Love')
E5 ('Fading Like a Flower')
E♭5 ('Listen To Your Heart')
D5 ('Perfect Day', 'Fading Like A Flower', 'Dressed For Success', 'Listen To Your Heart' live 2011)
C♯5 ('Listen To Your Heart', 'Spending My Time', 'Dangerous', 'Sleeping In My Car', 'Almost Unreal')
C5 ('It Must Have Been Love', 'The Look', 'Fading Like a Flower', 'Dressed for Success', 'Wish I Could Fly')

Significant low notes:
C3 ('Perfect Day' live Wembley 2011)
E3 ('Sleeping In My Car')
F3 ('Perfect Day')
F♯3 ('Spending My Time', 'Sleeping In My car', 'Almost Unreal')
G3 ('Wish I Could Fly')
G♯3 ('Almost Unreal')
A3 ('Joyride')
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics marks non-sung notes.

OK when I made the thread for her in threadless singers I think I only went through most of Roxette's biggest hits so there's probably still quite a lot out there that hasn't been looked at yet.

Last edited by AJD125 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to change the capitalization of the words and to add the proper flat and sharp symbols.)
AJD125

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/37057lfc

Back to top Go down

Re: Marie Fredriksson

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:14 am

♯ ♭

Back to top Go down

Post  AJD125 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 am

yeah sorry about that. I'll change it. should I just capitalize all of the words?

Sippe wrote:♯ ♭

dunno how to do those symbols properly on my keyboard but I think I can copy them in.

edit: I've done it now. I'll change Bill Medley aswell.

AJD125

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/37057lfc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 am

AJD125 wrote:
dunno how to do those symbols properly on my keyboard but I think I can copy them in.

Neither do I, I always copy them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 am

AJD125 wrote:

yeah sorry about that. I'll change it. should I just capitalize all of the words?

That's up to you. If you are unsure about how the alternate system works, I'd go that route.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 am

Sippe wrote:
AJD125 wrote:

Neither do I, I always copy them.

Back to top Go down

Update information please...

Post  vgp on Sun May 04, 2014 2:50 am

Her range info needs to be revised. She can sing much higher. C3-G5 (A6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5sIcJzcAzc

vgp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turmeric86 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Someone please add the D6 (and C6, and B5) she hits around 4:41 in the song "Den Bästa Dagen" (not to mention all the high chest notes she hits before the D6)

Plus, at the very least, all the songs from the Vocal Range video that the previous poster "vgp" pointed out...

some of the the lower notes that I was able to identify from the "Vocal Range" YouTube video (+ several others) are:

D3 "So Far Away (1992 Live Acoustic Version)", "Do You Wanna Go With Me (Demo)", "Aldrig Som Främlingar", "Känn Dig Som Hemma"
E♭3 "It Will Take A Long Long Time", "So Far Away (1986 Studio Version)", "Den Ständiga Resan", "Tid For Tystnad", "Genom Ett Krossat Fonster"
E3 "The First Girl On The Moon", "All I Ever Wanted", "Det Regnar Igen", "Berusa Mig", "Drömmen", "I En Tid Som Vår", "Tid För Försoning"
F3 "Perfect Day", "The First Girl On The Moon", "See Me", "I En Tid Som Vår", "Efter Så Många år", "Tid For Tystnad", "Mellan Sommar Och Host"
F♯3 "Spending My Time", "Only When I Dream", "Mild Varm Vår", "Aldrig Mer Igen", "Ett Enda Liv", "Tro"
G3 "Watercolors In The Rain", "Go To Sleep", "Waiting For The Rain", "All I Ever Wanted", "The Rain", "Little Girl", "Happy On The Outside", "Makin' Love To You", "Den Sjunde Vågen", "Om Du Såg Mej Nu", "Kaffe Och Tårar", "Till Sist", "Mild Varm Vår", "Min Trognaste Vän"
G♯3 "Mot Okända Hav", "Milk And Toast And Honey"

higher "full voice" notes I could identify are:

D5 in the studio versions of the songs: "Goodbye To You", "Dressed For Success", "Sleeping Single", "Half A Woman, Half A Shadow", "Do You Wanna Go The Whole Way?", "Perfect Day", "Paint", "Dance Away", "Things Will Never Be The Same", "Anyone", "Little Girl", "My World, My Love, My Life", "Many Times", "(Du Är En) Vinnare", "Tusen Ögon", "Tag Detta Hjärta", "När Vindarna Vänt", "Det Blåser En Vind", "Aldrig Mer Igen", "Varmt Och Djupt", "Vidare Igen", "Tro På Mej", "Jag Brände Din Bild", "En Stund"
E♭5 in the studio versions of the songs: "Sleeping Single", "Listen To Your Heart", "Stars", "Spending My Time", "Joy Of A Toy", "Pearls Of Passion", "Seduce Me", "Silver Blue", "En Stund"
E5 in the studio versions of the songs: "Crush On You", "Neverending Love", "En Känsla Av Regn", "Värdighet", "Pearls Of Passion", "Like Lovers Do", "I Remember You", "I Want You", "Låt Mej Andas", "Kärlekens Skuld", "Jag Ska Ge Allt", "Den Sjunde Vågen", "Ut Ur Skuggan, In I Solen", "Kärlekens Tatueringar" (with her first group MaMas Barn), "Mammas Barn" (with her first group MaMas Barn), "Kan Du Förstå" (with her first group MaMas Barn)
F5 in the studio versions of the songs: "Secrets That She Keeps", "Surrender", "Sleeping Single", "Do You Get Excited?", "Turn To Me", "So Far Away", "It Must Have Been Love", "Värdighet", "Det är Svårt Att Bryta Upp"(with her first group MaMas Barn)
G5 in the songs "Soul Deep" & "Låt Mej Andas" (full voice?)

G♯5 in head voice is from the song "Jag Ska Ge Allt"
B5 in head voice is from the song "Den Sjunde Vågen"

her A6 "scream" is from the song "En Stund"

Turmeric86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top