Kelly Clarkson

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  My Fairy King on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:37 pm

So,
Voice Type: Soprano
avatar
My Fairy King

Posts : 1321
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Sweetnut on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 pm

* wrote:Comfortable range has little to do with your voice type. Go listen to Kate Bush for a "blatant soprano" easily singing in the lower 3rd octave.
What is the more important factor than tessitura? Vocal weight and timbre? Ok. Kelly's voice is a naturally a quite light, with bright timbre and agility. She's got timbre typical for lyric sopranos.  She also is able to sing in the whistle register what is more common between sopranos. It's easier for soprano voice to hit whistle notes.
About Kate Bush- She's a rare example of lyric coloratura with a very good developed low register ( Mariah Carey is the same example). Their classical equivalent would be someone such as Ingeborg Hallstein. It's a quite unusual for lyric coloratura sopranos to have such a strong low register. Mariah, Kate, Ingeborg have a very rare and untypical voices.
avatar
Sweetnut

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  WeltonMasa on Sun May 25, 2014 8:54 am

There's a C3 in 'What's up lonely' in the background

WeltonMasa

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 pm

G3 and A4 "Breakaway".


Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The Winter Soldier

Posts : 515
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : Baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Starman on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:56 pm

That live F♯6 is just incredible!
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Starman wrote:That live F♯6 is just incredible!

I just listened to that performance, and yes I must agree, it's quite phenomenal. What interview did she hit an F7? I mean it's impressive but you should make it a link and a time stamp.
avatar
The Winter Soldier

Posts : 515
Join date : 2014-01-01
Age : 18
Location : Baltimore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  aesthetics on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 am



I think she hits F5's during the backing vocals in the chorus. Great D5 during the outro too.
avatar
aesthetics

Posts : 207
Join date : 2012-11-22
Location : Robert Plant's crotch pocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  wonka on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:46 am



Eb5 E5 F#5, all full notes

wonka

Posts : 605
Join date : 2013-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

this thread is quite short :)))

Post  anht on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Wink
avatar
anht

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-12-06
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  theOpinionatedOne on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:55 am

B6 wrote:

Voice Type: Soprano
Vocal Range: C3-G6

Significant high notes

G6 ("Honestly")
F♯6 ("(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" live American Idol 2002)
C6 ("Invincible", "Take Me Home" live Universal Studios 2009)
B♭5 ("Ave Maria", "Jesus What a Wonderful Child" live American Idol 2004, )
A5 ("Bad Reputation", "Invincible", "Miss Independent", "Second Wind", "The Trouble with Love Is" live On Air with Ryan Seacrest 2004)
G♯5 ("Second Wind", "Thankful")
G5 ("Bad Reputation", "Dance with Me", "Gone", "I Hate Myself for Losing You", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Lies" live Mohegan Sun 2009, "Respect" live American Idol 2002, "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Take You High")
F♯5 ("Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Good Goes the Bye", "Haunted", "I Had a Dream", "Sober", "Take You High", "War Paint", "Whyyawannabringmedown", "Yeah")
F5 ("Bad Reputation", "Can We Go Back?", "Cry", "Good Goes the Bye", "Hear Me", "I Had a Dream", "Invincible", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "The Trouble with Love Is")
E5 ("Can We Go Back?", "Catch My Breath", "I Had a Dream", "In the Blue", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Piece by Piece", "Save You", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Tightrope", "War Paint")
E♭5 ("All I Ever Wanted", "Bad Reputation", "Because of You", "Before Your Love", "Don't You Wanna Stay?", "Good Goes the Bye", "Heartbeat Song", "Let Your Tears Fall", "Nostalgic", "People Like Us", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "War Paint", "Yeah")
D5 ("Because of You", "Catch My Breath", "Dance with Me", "Dark Side", "Hear Me", "I Had a Dream", "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Let Your Tears Fall", "Miss Independent", "A Moment Like This", "Mr. Know It All", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Never Again", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Walk Away")
C♯5 ("Already Gone", "Bad Reputation", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Catch My Breath", "Good Goes the Bye", "Heartbeat Song", "I Do Not Hook Up", "I Had a Dream", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "Take You High")
C5 ("Because of You", "Breakaway", "Dance with Me", "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "Invincible", "Let Your Tears Fall", "A Moment Like This", "Mr. Know It All", "Never Again", "Nostalgic", "Run Run Run", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "The Trouble with Love Is")

Significant low notes

A3 ("Second Wind")
G♯3 ("Good Goes the Bye", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "Take You High")
G3 ("Breakaway", "Can I Have a Kiss", "Dance with Me", "I Hate Myself for Losing You", "In the Blue", "Run Run Run", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Walkin' After Midnight")
F♯3 ("Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Catch My Breath", "Judas", "Lies", "Miss Independent", "Save You", "The War Is Over")
F3 ("Addicted", "Dance with Me", "Good Goes the Bye", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Let Me Down", "The Sun Will Rise", "Walk Away", "Walkin' After Midnight")
E3 ("Lies", "The Star Spangled Banner" live at Yankee Stadium 2009, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Wash, Rinse, Repeat")
E♭3 ("All I Ever Wanted")
C3 ("What's Up Lonely")
.......................................................
*Purple marks less audible notes (harmonies, unisons, backing vocals, etc.)
*Italics mark non-sung notes.


Thread by Speqz.

Here's a few I've gotten from YT so far.


Last edited by theOpinionatedOne on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:56 am; edited 4 times in total

theOpinionatedOne

Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-01-26
Age : 20
Location : Outer Space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Molandfreak on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:55 am

Please just get rid of the F7, unless someone knows where it is.
avatar
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Posts : 845
Join date : 2014-01-11
Age : 22
Location : Moland, Minnesota

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  A-flat miner on Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Holy crap, of course I had heard of Kelly Clarkson but I had never listened to her before a few minutes ago. Saw pictures of her and never guessed she'd have the type of voice she does. I just listened to "My Favorite Things":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900UL24AUUM

Idunno about significant high or low notes in it, but she packs a powerful punch in the middle register. The "definitive" performance by Julie Andrews was annoying the heck out of me so I spent a while looking for a better one on youtube and found this. Wow!

A-flat miner

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Rockin' D on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:49 pm

theOpinionatedOne wrote:
B6 wrote:
Spoiler:


Voice Type: Soprano
Vocal Range: C3-G6

Significant high notes

G6 ("Honestly")
F♯6 ("(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" live American Idol 2002)
C6 ("Invincible", "Take Me Home" live Universal Studios 2009)
B♭5 ("Ave Maria", "Jesus What a Wonderful Child" live American Idol 2004, )
A5 ("Bad Reputation", "Invincible", "Miss Independent", "Second Wind", "The Trouble with Love Is" live On Air with Ryan Seacrest 2004)
G♯5 ("Second Wind", "Thankful")
G5 ("Bad Reputation", "Dance with Me", "Gone", "I Hate Myself for Losing You", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Lies" live Mohegan Sun 2009, "Respect" live American Idol 2002, "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Take You High")
F♯5 ("Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Good Goes the Bye", "Haunted", "I Had a Dream", "Sober", "Take You High", "War Paint", "Whyyawannabringmedown", "Yeah")
F5 ("Bad Reputation", "Can We Go Back?", "Cry", "Good Goes the Bye", "Hear Me", "I Had a Dream", "Invincible", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "The Trouble with Love Is")
E5 ("Can We Go Back?", "Catch My Breath", "I Had a Dream", "In the Blue", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Piece by Piece", "Save You", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Tightrope", "War Paint")
E♭5 ("All I Ever Wanted", "Bad Reputation", "Because of You", "Before Your Love", "Don't You Wanna Stay?", "Good Goes the Bye", "Heartbeat Song", "Let Your Tears Fall", "Nostalgic", "People Like Us", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "War Paint", "Yeah")
D5 ("Because of You", "Catch My Breath", "Dance with Me", "Dark Side", "Hear Me", "I Had a Dream", "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Let Your Tears Fall", "Miss Independent", "A Moment Like This", "Mr. Know It All", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Never Again", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Walk Away")
C♯5 ("Already Gone", "Bad Reputation", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Catch My Breath", "Good Goes the Bye", "Heartbeat Song", "I Do Not Hook Up", "I Had a Dream", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "Take You High")
C5 ("Because of You", "Breakaway", "Dance with Me", "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "Invincible", "Let Your Tears Fall", "A Moment Like This", "Mr. Know It All", "Never Again", "Nostalgic", "Run Run Run", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "The Trouble with Love Is")

Significant low notes

A3 ("Second Wind")
G♯3 ("Good Goes the Bye", "Nostalgic", "Piece by Piece", "Run Run Run", "Take You High")
G3 ("Breakaway", "Can I Have a Kiss", "Dance with Me", "I Hate Myself for Losing You", "In the Blue", "Run Run Run", "Second Wind", "Since U Been Gone", "Someone", "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Walkin' After Midnight")
F♯3 ("Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Catch My Breath", "Judas", "Lies", "Miss Independent", "Save You", "The War Is Over")
F3 ("Addicted", "Dance with Me", "Good Goes the Bye", "In the Blue", "Invincible", "Let Me Down", "The Sun Will Rise", "Walk Away", "Walkin' After Midnight")
E3 ("Lies", "The Star Spangled Banner" live at Yankee Stadium 2009, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", "Take You High", "Wash, Rinse, Repeat")
E♭3 ("All I Ever Wanted")
C3 ("What's Up Lonely")
.......................................................
*Purple marks less audible notes (harmonies, unisons, backing vocals, etc.)
*Italics mark non-sung notes.


Thread by Speqz.

Here's a few I've gotten from YT so far.
This thread needs the F♯5 from the last chorus of "Dark Side".
avatar
Rockin' D

Posts : 377
Join date : 2015-05-28
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  galaxyseal on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 pm

There's apparently a C3 in the background at 1:11 according to some people
Spoiler:
There's also some killer A5s from Duets here
Spoiler:
D5-F5-A5 at 3:09, C6s at 3:18
Spoiler:
I also think there's a C♯3 in the background at 0:26-0:36
Spoiler:
avatar
galaxyseal

Posts : 48
Join date : 2016-06-09
Age : 15
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Alex61 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:30 pm

E♭5 at 2:43
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 am

Mitch Grassi's thread's long lost parent.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:10 am

She has a hell of a voice, it must be said. Looking forward to cleaning this up on TRP 3. Smile
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 18
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Rockin' D on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 am

The Long Shot wrote:She has a hell of a voice, it must be said. Looking forward to cleaning this up on TRP 3. Smile
Don't forget about the other 31! Smile
avatar
Rockin' D

Posts : 377
Join date : 2015-05-28
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Misukiy Lambertson on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:59 am

Does the F7 exist or is somebody lying?

Or does it suffer from "You Want Alchemy" Syndrome?
avatar
Misukiy Lambertson

Posts : 330
Join date : 2016-03-18
Location : Somewhere jerking myself off with my massive vocal range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  galaxyseal on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 am

Albino Slug wrote:Does the F7 exist or is somebody lying?

Or does it suffer from "You Want Alchemy" Syndrome?

The only F7s Kelly has are screamed at the end here
avatar
galaxyseal

Posts : 48
Join date : 2016-06-09
Age : 15
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am

wow, what a terrible note. has anyone claimed this thread? if not, i'll glady find all of my cds and note watch her. this thread needs an update badly lol
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Rockin' D on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:21 am

Princess Dumi wrote:wow, what a terrible note. has anyone claimed this thread? if not, i'll glady find all of my cds and note watch her. this thread needs an update badly lol
TLS claimed it already.
avatar
Rockin' D

Posts : 377
Join date : 2015-05-28
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:35 am

Rockin' D wrote:
Princess Dumi wrote:wow, what a terrible note. has anyone claimed this thread? if not, i'll glady find all of my cds and note watch her. this thread needs an update badly lol
TLS claimed it already.
rip, he probably won't fuck it up though so it's all good. i was just worried about some other users getting their hands on it... the kind who would add that f7 lol
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Misukiy Lambertson on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:23 am

Princess Dumi wrote:
Rockin' D wrote:
Princess Dumi wrote:wow, what a terrible note. has anyone claimed this thread? if not, i'll glady find all of my cds and note watch her. this thread needs an update badly lol
TLS claimed it already.
rip, he probably won't fuck it up though so it's all good. i was just worried about some other users getting their hands on it... the kind who would add that f7 lol

Interview notes that are not in musical contact are a no no. Naughty
avatar
Misukiy Lambertson

Posts : 330
Join date : 2016-03-18
Location : Somewhere jerking myself off with my massive vocal range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 am

uhhh... yeah.

thanks for the news
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelly Clarkson

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum