Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George Michael

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Voice type: Tenor
Vocal Range:G1-B♭5

Significant high notes:
B♭5 (''If You Were There'')
A5 ("Nikita", ''Bad Boys'', ''Fantasy'')
G♯5 ("I Want Your Sex'')
G5 (''Look At Your Hands'', ''Everything She Wants'', ''Nikita'', ''If You Were There'')
F♯5 (''If You Were There'', ''Hard Day'', ''Monkey'')
F5 (''Freedom'', ''Come On'', ''If You Were There'')
E5 ("Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", ''Ray Of Sunshine'',''Battlestations'', ''Blue'', ''Wrap Her Up'', ''Superstition (live)'', ''If You Were There'')
E♭5 (''Fantasy'', ''Fame (live 1991 Rock in Rio)'')
D5 ("Round Here", "Somebody to Love" live at The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert 1992, ''Blue'', ''Careless Whisper'', ''Freedom'90'', ''Soul Free'', ''These Are The Days Of Our Lives'' live at The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert 1992, ''Nikita'', ''I Can't Make You Love Me'', ''Drive My Car (live at Live8)'', ''Jive Talkin''')
C♯5("I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)", ''Everything She Wants'', ''Amazing'', ''Spinning The Wheel'', ''As'', ''Wrap Her Up'', ''If You Were There'')
C5 ("One More Try", "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", ''Nothing Looks The Same In The Light'', ''Like A Baby'', ''Credit Card Baby'', ''Come On'', ''If You Were There'', ''Freedom '90'', ''Mother's Pride'', ''Soul Free'', ''Fastlove'' ''Spinning The Wheel'', ''Through'', ''Wrap Her Up'', ''Tonight (live)'', ''Every Breathe You Take (live)'')
B4 ("I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)", ''Heartbeat'', ''Roxanne'', ''Amazing'', ''Mother's Pride'', ''Heal The Pain'', ''Spinning The Wheel'', ''Star People'' ''Killer/Papa Was A Rolling Stone (live)'', ''Flawless (Go To The City)'', ''Round Here'', ''American Angel'', ''Fantasy'', ''You Know That I Want You To'' )
B♭4 ("They Won't Go When I Go", "Last Christmas", "Where Did Your Heart Go?", ''Freedom'', ''One More Try'', ''Father Figure'', ''Kissing A Fool'', ''My Baby Just Cares For Me'', ''If I Told You That'', ''They Won't Go When I Go'', ''Something To Save'', ''Amazing'', ''Fastlove'', ''To Be Forgiven'', ''Killer/Papa Was a Rollin' Stone (live)'', ''My Mother Had A Brother'', ''Cars And Trains'', ''Please Send Me Someone'', ''Love's In Need Of Love Today'', ''Superstition (live)'', ''This Is Not Real Love'', ''I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) (live)'')
A4("Blue" live, "Careless Whisper", "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" 1991 version, "I'm Your Man", "One More Try", "Somebody to Love" live at The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert 1992, "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", "Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do)", ''Everything She Wants'', ''The Edge Of Heaven'', ''Bad Boys'', ''Ray Of Sunshine'', ''Blue'', ''Look At Your Hands'', ''Waiting For That Day'', ''Mother's Pride'', ''Heal The Pain'', ''Soul Free'', ''Waiting (Reprise)'', ''Secret Love'', ''To Be Forgiven'', ''Flawless (Go To The City)'', ''An Easier Affair'', ''Cars And Trains'', ''Round Here'', ''American Angel'', ''True Faith'', ''I Can't Make You Love Me'', ''I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) (live)'')

Significant low notes:
G1 ("Shoot the Dog")
D2 ("Young Guns (Go for It)")
E2 (''Precious Box (live)'', ''This Is Not Real Love'')
F2 ("Outside", "Shoot the Dog")
F♯2 (''Everything She Wants'', ''White Light'')
G2 ("Feeling Good", "Outside", "Round Here", ''Hard Day'', ''Last Request'', ''As'', ''My Mother Had A Brother'')
G♯2 (''Through'')
A2("They Won't Go When I Go", "Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do)", ''Blue'', ''Kissing A Fool'', ''Hand To Mouth'', ''Move On'', ''You Have Been Loved'', ''American Angel'', ''Desafinado'')
B♭2 ("Outside", ''Praying For Time'', ''Cowboys And Angels'', ''Patience'')
B2 ("Where Did Your Heart Go?", "Young Guns (Go for It)", ''Like A Baby'', ''Battlestations'', ''A Different Corner'', ''Brother Can You Spare A Dime'', ''Older'', ''I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) (live)'')
C3 ("Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go", ''One More Try'', ''They Won't Go When I Go'', ''it Doesn't Really Matter'', ''Jive Talkin'')

*Italics mark non-sung notes.

That vocal timbre made of silk... The most delicate sound ever.

Additional research by ICUP

Last edited by T. on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: George Michael

Post  B6 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm

How did you miss the high C from One More Try Smile He's gotta have something low in the (absolutely fucking awkward and disturbing) "new" song "White Light".

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Huh, where is the C?

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5N3GC-m20#t=1m39s and also 3:21 and 5:05 sound like really light full C5s.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Damn, I never noticed!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 pm

>no Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go E5s

Durrr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm

>blue

Durrr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Eh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderlust on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 pm

T. wrote:E5 ("Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go")
Black black black black

(number one)

Wanderlust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 pm

lolwut

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 pm

timestamp please

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 pm

2:05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Sounds kinda like 3:49 here:

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

It's a lot less flute-y that than D5, though. I'd orange it, personally.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top