Pete Parkkonen

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:11 am

Voice type: Baritone
Sung range: A2-D5
Total range: D2-F♯5

Significant high notes:

F♯5 ("Anthony" live)
F5 ("Running with Scissors")
D5 ("I Got You (I Feel Good)" live at Jyväskylä Miljazz 2012, "Minute Is a Lifetime", "Opening Track", "Womanizer")
C♯5 ("Endless Love Song", "The Sound of Me Breaking Down")
C5 ("Anthony", "Minute Is a Lifetime", "The Final Day", "The Sound of Me Breaking Down")
B4 ("Anthony", "Come Alive", "Frozen in Time", "Girl in a Uniform", "Hit the Ground", "I Want It All" live on Idols 2008, "Kaikki Nuoret Tyypit" live at Jahti Miljazz 2012, "Moves Like Jagger" live at Lahti Miljazz 2012, "Nothing" live on Idols 2008, "Running with Scissors", "San Francisco", "Second to None", "You Know My Name" live on Idols 2008)
B♭4 ("Anthony", "Endless Love Song", "Frozen in Time", "Hit the Ground", "Mitä Minä Sanoin", "Running with Scissors", "We Are")
A4 ("City Queen" live in Pihtipudas 2009, "Cochise" live in Hämeenlinna 2009, "Come Alive", "I Got You (I Feel Good)" live at Jyväskylä Miljazz 2012, "Minute Is a Lifetime", "Opening Track", "Over You", "Poetry for the Poets", "San Francisco", "The Final Day", "The Sound of Me Breaking Down", "Things That Remind Me of You", "Womanizer", "You Know My Name" live on Idols 2008)
G♯4 ("I'm an Accident", "In Too Deep", "Second to None", "Sex on Fire" live on Idols 2008, "You Know My Name" live on Idols 2008, 4th of December")
G4 ("All She Said", "Cadillac" live on Idols 2008, "Getting Away", "Girl in a Uniform", "Make Someone Cry", "Mies, Jolle Ei Koskaan Tapahdu Mitään" live in Viitasaari 2008, "Opening Track", "4th of December")

Significant low notes:

D2 (YleX Interview - 'Dramatic speaking voice')
G♯2 ("Sydämeeni Joulun Teen" live in Turku 2013)
A2 ("Sydämeeni Joulun Teen" live in Turku 2013, "Things That Remind Me of You")
B♭2 ("Mitä Minä Sanoin", "Second to None", Studio session outtakes)
B2 ("Keep the Fire Burning", "Minute Is a Lifetime", "Poetry for the Poets")
C3 ("Over You", "Second to None", "4th of December")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks unintentional, unimpressive or extremely bad notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Almost winning the 2008 season of Finnish Idol kind of ruined Pete's credibility as an artist among some listeners, but he always was a great singer. Armed with a raw, powerful belting style, akin to Cornell's modern style (and also looking like the lovechild of Cornell and Jeff Scott Soto), and a very dark timbre, Parkkonen stood out as a unique singer among the more forgettable names.

Most of his music consists of quite generic, Audioslave-influenced rock, but there are a couple of gems:

The chorus sounds very Cornell-influenced.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top