Meat Loaf

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meat Loaf

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Mr_doktor wrote:Fitting that they named the tour Last at Bat, cause he sure did send that fucker flying straight back to hell...

! Laughing Amazing.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijinilli on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:06 pm

bradphone wrote:
Mr_doktor wrote:

This is beyond sad…who the fuck thought it was a good idea to organize a 2 hour set for a 60+ man with a voice that has been more or less shot for over 10 years. Still, gotta a give him credit for not dying on stage.
59:10 .... W...T...F did i just hear?

Ow.

Raijinilli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 am

Bread wrote:he's clearly a scandinavian god

Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 am

I love how he flat out tells the audience that it's going to sound like shit Very Happy But in all seriousness, sounds pretty good. But his trembling "emotional" singing really bugs me. Sounds like he sings while sitting on a washer.
Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 am

Mr_doktor wrote:

I love how he flat out tells the audience that it's going to sound like shit :DBut in all seriousness, sounds pretty good. But his trembling "emotional" singing really bugs me. Sounds like he sings while sitting on a washer.

That bit from 2:30 - 2:33 was spine chilling! And in a good way!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 am

Yes indeed! I think 2004 was the last good vocal year for good ol' Marvin. Wish i had been there cause' For Crying Out Loud is my all time favorite vocal performance by the big man, just love those sustained notes! Epic as fudge
Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 am

Mr_doktor wrote:Yes indeed! I think 2004 was the last good vocal year for good ol' Marvin. Wish i had been there cause' For Crying Out Loud is my all time favorite vocal performance by the big man, just love those sustained notes! Epic as fudge
I don`t think it was a good year for him, he still sounded good around 2000-2001 but after that it went downhill...

That MSO show from `04 is processed to death..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 am

Well, considering what was to come 04' was pretty decent Very Happy I don't think i need to link the 11' shows again...
Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

Mr_doktor wrote:Well, considering what was to come 04' was pretty decent :DI don't think i need to link the 11' shows again...
Or `12 or `13...
He really went from "Meh" to " fucking awful"
Just like Chuck Berry, his guitar playing in `07 was "Allright" but in `14 its " Please put this old fart in a mental institution"
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Probably the most extreme vocal decline in rock history..(at least on the more commercial side of the spectrum). I know Ian Gillan has received a lot of shit but at least he still has a (kinda) good sounding comfort zone around the the third/lower forth octave, even live.
Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_doktor on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Just for contrast

This is how a 60 year old man could sound.
Mr_doktor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pinkcream69 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Try these ones.

Not bad for 66 years old singer, huh?  Laughing steven starts singing around 17:00.
He is in top form here, literally hitting all notes. Cryin and Dream On is still absolutely flawless.

Was even better 7 years ago... this performance is one of the all-time best version of crazy.
He even tried the E6 in 5:21 and had some fine result..

How about HER.

Ann wilson is just unstoppable. Now THIS is how 62 years old rock singer should sounds.

pinkcream69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel-22 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Ian gillan can still sing.. The qualify of his notes are.. Questionable to say the least.

As for meat I'm afraid he can barely sustain a note at all, it's quite sad really because he's got such a huge voice and personality, just watch his concert from 2007 called 3 bats live, some very dodgy singing throughout

Gabriel-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The 80's rocked on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:09 pm

his voice did not age well kind of like axl rose
The 80's rocked

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lordhamleg on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 am

Gabriel-22 wrote:Ian gillan can still sing.. The qualify of his notes are.. Questionable to say the least.

He's got a great baritone. It's when he tries to force out the upper register stuff that his weakness becomes apparent.

Meat doesn't even have a lower register anymore. He sounds awful, every note of his range.

lordhamleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:33 am

7:43 Meat does a scream.. Sounds like a G#5 to me. Don't know for sure, dare i say it even sounds black.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 pm

bradphone wrote:
7:43 Meat does a scream.. Sounds like a G#5 to me. Don't know for sure, dare i say it even sounds black.
That was pretty awesome In Love
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 am

Molandfreak wrote:
bradphone wrote:
That was pretty awesome In Love

Yeah, he can't sing for shit anymore, but he hasn't lost his range. And his screams are epic.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:29 am

I really think you should take over the thread, bradphone! It hasn't been updated in ages and no one else seems to have the interest that you do. Smile
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:57 am

Molandfreak wrote:I really think you should take over the thread, bradphone! It hasn't been updated in ages and no one else seems to have the interest that you do. Smile

I'm not gonna take over any thread man.
Everytime i make a thread or take over a thread i'll lose my interest in it after a while
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 am

I like Meat though, great guy! And his singing was fantastic, he still got all his range and power... Too bad that his vocal cords have been disintegrated since 2004 or something like that.

He can't sing a good note for most of the time (Although he can sustain notes pretty well nowadays, you just don't have to look for them in musical context within the songs that he sings )
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:23 pm

I decided to do a bit of an analyze on this song over the years in terms of Meats singing. And well... See for yourself.

Spoiler:
Nothing wrong with this version, Meat still at his peak in my opinion. Great strong vocals! Things started to a bit downhill after this. Year: 1993

Spoiler:
His voice was still pretty good here, some parts were a bit sketchy but still Meat as we knew him. Year: 1998.
Spoiler:

Singing starts around the 0:40 mark. Clearly not his best night as he's straining for alot of notes and doing alot of dramatics to compensate. (But you can still hear how his voice is "intact) Year: 1999
Spoiler:

Singing starts around the 1:50 mark. Allthough this is very overdramatic one can still hear that he still power and dynamics in his voice. Year: 2001

Things started to really go downhill from here:

Spoiler:
Singing starts around 7:45 And it's almost as bad as some of the 2011 versions... Year: 2003

Spoiler:
Singing starts around 2:45 And well, it's very soft, breathy, and pitchy. up until the point that it became unbearable (Although that also could've been because of the autotune they applied) Year: 2004
Spoiler:

Around 14:40 he starts singing Anything for love, and i've got to be honest.. I expected MUCH worse!! Actually pretty good singing overall. Year: 2006

Spoiler:
His voice starts to get more wobbly and pitchy around this time (Although he sustains a powerful G4 around 2:40) But still not too bad. Year: 2007
Spoiler:

Surprised as f*ck. He actually sounds solid here for a good part of the song! Singing nice in Unison with Aspen, and even the first few seconds alone sound almost perfect. Year: 2007

Spoiler:
Actually surprisingly consistent, a bit dramatic in places but he could still sing pretty well, so no clue what happend after this:
Year: 2007 (I guess)

Spoiler:
Not a proper perfomance, they put tons and tons of autotune over his voice.. Listen to 2:55, like a freakin' robot. Year: 2011 (I found this a very funny version because of the terrible autotune)

Spoiler:
Considering how his voice sounded during the AFL performance i would consider this "Decent" Very overdramatic but he can still kinda sustain notes here and there. Year: 2011

Spoiler:
I'm gonna be hated for this but in my opinion this is worse than the AFL performance, that was bad but he still nailed a few sustained notes, here... he has NO control over his voice whatsoever. Year: 2013.

Spoiler:
His Vegas shows had gotten pretty good reviews, even in terms of singing. And well... He 's certainly singing better than he did in 2011-12-13. I think he's back to 2010 level, even sounds like he's got a bit of vocal control back. Year: 2015

Last edited by bradphone on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Spoilers bradphone, spoilers No, no...
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down