View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chuck Schuldiner

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 am

We notewatch other dead singers so why not him

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

Would now be a bad time to bring drugged MJ interviews into this...?
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

Itsatrap! wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:What does that have to do with anything Sweating

Can't Chuck RIP?
With song titles like Infernal Death? Probably not Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 am

Abacus wrote:How did the "Consumed" E♭2s that I found get range destroyed again? Did they turn out to be someone else or something?

Indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 am

Abacus wrote:Anyway, after seeing the rest of this guy's lows, I think it's safe to say that Joey Belladonna now has the 3rd worst lows of any rock singer I know, with Schuldiner taking second place and Sundell maintaining first. Crazy high range, though. I haven't heard most of those highs, but I remember his B♭5 being called "one of the fullest notes ever at that pitch", sooo... Thinking

Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan belongs up there too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am

His Bb5 in Painkiller always sounded full to me, also, does someone know how if he ever got any vocal lessons ?
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Rested wrote:His Bb5 in Painkiller always sounded full to me, also, does someone know how if he ever got any vocal lessons ?

Dunno, but some of us without lessons can scream pretty high just look at me, Kiske, and most likely Chuck! D:
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:38 pm

*sigh* screaming high is usually piss off easy, it's consistency and tone that depends. I was asking because he was the best death metal vocalist(screaming, growling) ever, always 100% live and studio, so he probably had some technique knowledge.
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  colin040 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 am

Give me his rougher death grunts over the mediocre annoying shrieking he'd do on the latter albums anyday. He seriously went downhill as a vocalist if you ask me.
colin040

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 am

Shouldn't we black this guy's highs?
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 am

I prefer the shrieking, it's more understandable and still sounds evil as fuck. His grunts are great too, i just prefer the shrieking (mainly because i love Sound of Perseverance).
Ad blacking: I am really not sure, Painkiller Bb5 is black as fuck to me, not sure on the rest of the highs
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 am

Rested wrote:*sigh* screaming high is usually piss off easy, it's consistency and tone that depends. I was asking because he was the best death metal vocalist(screaming, growling) ever, always 100% live and studio, so he probably had some technique knowledge.

He didn't have lessons for growling he just listened to Possessed, and developed his style off of them. See here...

And, thus death metal was born! D:
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am

That's probably the case. I've developed my growling mainly off Schuldiner and Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth, never heard of Posessed, i'll probably check'em out(why do those old metal recordings have such a bad quality Sad )

Last edited by Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 am

Rested wrote:
That's probably the case. I've developed my growling mainly off Schuldiner and Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth, never heard of them, i'll probably check'em out(why do those old metal recordings have such a bad quality Sad )

I developed mine when I was young, and when I was four I chased priests and nuns around demonically growling at them...damn, I don't even have to try I'm just that Norwegian. Devil
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:02 am

You demonical bastard Devil i still sometimes get weird faces from people when i walk around wearing t-shirts with pentagrams and such (or sometimes even the Mjolnir on my neck is enough to get those faces), but whatever, when the ragnarok comes, i'll be the one surviving Very Happy
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:07 am

Rested wrote:You demonical bastard Devil i still sometimes get weird faces from people when i walk around wearing t-shirts with pentagrams and such (or sometimes even the Mjolnir on my neck is enough to get those faces), but whatever, when the ragnarok comes, i'll be the one surviving Very Happy

Which one? Ragnarok in the Eddas is bs by Snorri...he was a corrupt politician. Ragnarok is actually just whenever the Aesir side of the deities go to war.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:12 am

I've never read Edda by Sturluson (Sturlusnon ? Sturulson ? Fuck knows), i've read some nice books in czech language about nordic myths and tales, they were quite funny.
Ragnarok for me is when that giant wolf (Fenri ?) breaks the sword in his mouth, unchains himself and kills Odin. Then Midgardsorm (that giant snake) kills Thor. Then that god-guy descends from the skies and rules this world.
I am really not sure if this is the original tale, but i remember that it went something like this
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:17 am

Rested wrote:I've never read Edda by Sturluson (Sturlusnon ? Sturulson ? Fuck knows), i've read some nice books in czech language about nordic myths and tales, they were quite funny.
Ragnarok for me is when that giant wolf (Fenri ?) breaks the sword in his mouth, unchains himself and kills Odin. Then Midgardsorm (that giant snake) kills Thor. Then that god-guy descends from the skies and rules this world.
I am really not sure if this is the original tale, but i remember that it went something like this

That's Snorri's take. To be exact that's the Christians' take on it. Here's the flaws with Ragnarok told that way...Fenrir loose? K, Tyr body slams him to death as he's the strongest Aesir deity, and the king before Odin. Garmr couldn't really kill him as Fenrir is stronger, and Fenrir is a bitch compared to Tyr....so that makes no sense how Garmr could kill Tyr. As for Thor that could happen...for Freyja not likely since she has an army of Valkyries to take on all those dragons...as for Odin he has the Einherjars who he can make go beserk if he wanted making it even worse for Fenrir...I just don't see it possible. Plus, the two humans who survive are in Christianity "Adam and Eve." lol They hide in the life tree to hide from Surtr's flames....but that was a mix between Snorri and the Christians. The only one who might die in that situation is Thor though he'd take the Midgard Serpent with him.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 am

Can you suggest some books taking it the ,right' way as you say it ? Preferably in english(or french lol), i'm slowly finishing reading the whole Terry Pratchett bibliography, so this might be something interesting for me
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:27 am

Rested wrote:Can you suggest some books taking it the ,right' way as you say it ? Preferably in english(or french lol), i'm slowly finishing reading the whole Terry Pratchett bibliography, so this might be something interesting for me

That's the thing about Norse. All you most likely will get from a book is something by Snorri or the Christians if you want to really know about Norse you'd have to talk to a Gothi who's heritage is pure Norse...best way to get an idea of the old ways. I am a lone wolf gothi, and my real family is Norwegian back to the nomadic days...so...I'm an example of the type to talk to. D:
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rested on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 am

Well, i've always wanted to visit the north and learn something about their culture, but that won't be sooner then in like 5 yrs. I have a little Varg in myself, i've always hated the christianity and especially what they've done to the beautiful pagan culture that ruled here in the central europe(i won't burn churches or kill people, but i have this opinion). Anyways, some books ? (shit this is so OT i hope nobody will mind)
Rested

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 am

Rested wrote:Well, i've always wanted to visit the north and learn something about their culture, but that won't be sooner then in like 5 yrs. I have a little Varg in myself, i've always hated the christianity and especially what they've done to the beautiful pagan culture that ruled here in the central europe(i won't burn churches or kill people, but i have this opinion). Anyways, some books ? (shit this is so OT i hope nobody will mind)

Haha, and that happens all the time. Varg's actually really nice. As for books don't seek them...seek the descendants who care.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 am

B6 wrote:Shouldn't we black this guy's highs?
Probably.
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewis on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Note at 5:26?

0:22
Kewis
Range Advisor

View user profile