Better Replacement Singer of these Metal Titan Acts?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which was the better replacement?

61% 61% 
[ 11 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
39% 39% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 18

Better Replacement Singer of these Metal Titan Acts?!

Post  Pyramid Head on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:36 am

This is based on their own releases with the band as well as a replacement for their role.

No, not adding Dio...that would not be fair...as we all know he'd win if I placed him...this is about three other bands.

Pyramid Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Replacement Singer of these Metal Titan Acts?!

Post  JadeHalford on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Andi Deris wins hands down. Blaze Bayley's inclusion proved to be nothing but a downfall for the Legendary Maiden. As for the Metal Gods, well, Tim Owens isn't really a bad singer, in fact he's great on his own rights, but replacing Rob suitably is one hell of a task, impossible some,including me, would say Very Happy and Owens, naturally, failed to do so. On the other hand, while Andi Deris was not perhaps just as awesome a vocalist as Michael Kiske, he comes really close to being so and he's much more "Metal" than Kiske was at the time. Being an excellent singer, his inclusion in Helloween proved to be nothing but true metal success. So i, and probably pretty much everyone else Very Happy , will be voting for deris Wink

JadeHalford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyramid Head on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

JadeHalford wrote:Andi Deris wins hands down. Blaze Bayley's inclusion proved to be nothing but a downfall for the Legendary Maiden. As for the Metal Gods, well, Tim Owens isn't really a bad singer, in fact he's great on his own rights, but replacing Rob suitably is one hell of a task, impossible some,including me, would say Very Happy and Owens, naturally, failed to do so. On the other hand, while Andi Deris was not perhaps just as awesome a vocalist as Michael Kiske, he comes really close to being so and he's much more "Metal" than Kiske was at the time. Being an excellent singer, his inclusion in Helloween proved to be nothing but true metal success. So i, and probably pretty much everyone else Very Happy , will be voting for deris Wink

I think they were more happy when Blaze left, as for Owens...he seems better at certain darker forms of thrash like King Diamond's blackened thrash, and Iced Earth...10,000 strong was rather epic...so, he had the painkiller side, but he lacks Rob's operatic emotions. As for Andi...he's an amazing composer, his writing is amazing and comical, and he has an amazing range for a high baritone...Blaze's voice didn't meet Bruce's well at all..felt more like a pissed off body builder than a operatic narrator...pretty much why I chose Deris as well.

Pyramid Head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeHalford on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Totally Argee Cheers

JadeHalford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wanderlust on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 am

Owens more like

underrated Sad

Wanderlust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  70KTonsOfMetal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 am

Absolutely Andi Deris.

I would take Edu Falaschi over Andre Matos (Angra), too. Angra is my favorite power metal band and I'm probably one of the very few who thinks that Edu is an absolutely amazing vocalist. Again, I'm basing this strictly on his voice and not how shitty a person/friend/band member he is/was (I've had long talks with the rest of the band about him; they didn't seem to have a very amicable split).

70KTonsOfMetal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am

70KTonsOfMetal wrote:Absolutely Andi Deris.

I would take Edu Falaschi over Andre Matos (Angra), too. Angra is my favorite power metal band and I'm probably one of the very few who thinks that Edu is an absolutely amazing vocalist. Again, I'm basing this strictly on his voice and not how shitty a person/friend/band member he is/was (I've had long talks with the rest of the band about him; they didn't seem to have a very amicable split).

Who is the one who sang "Bleeding Heart?"

Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cro on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 am

Deris sucks compared to Kiske IMO. And Andre WAS the singer for Angra. His control is amazing up there.

Cro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Cro wrote:Deris sucks compared to Kiske IMO. And Andre WAS the singer for Angra. His control is amazing up there.

I like Deris's style a bit more. Sure Kiske was unique, but he couldn't compose or write a song to save his life...Deris makes up where Kiske failed in my eyes. I wouldn't say either suck I'd just say they are different...oddly Deris has a higher range now than Kiske too.

Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top