Annie Haslam

Post  Whackooyzero on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:53 am

Voice type: Soprano
Vocal range: E3-G6

Significant high notes:

• G6 ("Ashes Are Burning" live 1983)
  • F♯6 ("Ashes Are Burning" live 1983)
  • E6 ("Ashes Are Burning" live 1983)
  • D6 ("The Mystic and the Muse" live, "Touching Once" live)
  • C6 ("Flight" live, "Rockalise", "Running Hard" live 1983, "Rockalise")
  • B5 ("Ave Maria", "Chains and Threads", "Further from Fantasy", "Prologue", "Rockalise", "Still Life")
  • B♭5 ("At the Harbour", "Scheherazade Medley" live, "Song of Scheherazade")
  • A5 ("Forever Bound", "Further from Fantasy", "One Day", "One More Arrow", "Rajah Khan", "Sounds of the Sea", "Turn of the Century")
  • G♯5 ("Song of Scheherazade")
  • G5 ("A Song for All Seasons", "Ashes Are Burning", "Camera Camera", "Dolphin's Prayer", "On the Frontier", "Rockalise", "She's the Light", "Things I Don't Understand")
  • F♯5 ("Can You Hear Me", "Celestine", "Mother Russia", "Sounds of the Sea", "The Sisters", "The Winter Tree")
  • F5 ("A Song for All Seasons", "Ashes Are Burning")
  • E5 ("Angel Blue", "Ashes Are Burning", "Ave Verum", "Carpet of the Sun", "Cry to the World", "Further from Fantasy", "Let it Grow", "Remember", "You")
  • E♭5 ("Dolphin's Prayer", "Mother Russia", "Secret Mission", "The Sisters", "Touching Once")
  • D5 ("Ananda", "Bitter Sweet"," Bound for Infinity", "Can You Hear Me", "Faeries", "Forever Bound", "Glitter and Dust", "Going Home", "Golden Key", "I Think of You", "If I Loved You", "Northern Lights", "One Day", "Paintings Last Forever", "Pearls of Wisdom", "Rajah Khan", "Running Hard", "Running River Runs", "Shine", "Spare Some Love", "The Captive Heart", "Trip to the Fair")
  • C♯5 ("Angel Blue", "Hunioco", "It's All Over Now Baby Blue", "Jekyll and Hyde", "Kalynda", "Kiev", "Mother Russia", "On the Frontier", "The Day You Strayed", "The Flood at Lyons", "Twig")

Significant low notes:

• B♭3 ("A New Life", "Going Home", "Mother Russia", "Vultures Fly High")
  • A3 ("A Song for All Seasons", "Angel Blue", "Black Flame", "Blessing in Disguise", "Can You Hear Me", "Celestine", "Chains and Threads", "Cry to the World", "Faeries", "I Think of You", "If I Loved You", "In My Life", "Kalynda", "Nature Boy", "Ocean Gypsy", "Skaila", "Sounds of the Sea", "Still Life", "Trip to the Fair", "Wildest Dreams")
  • G♯3 ("Bound for Infinity", "She's the Light", "The Winter Tree", "Twig", "Wishing on a Star")
  • G3 ("Bitter Sweet", "Black Flame", "Brazilian Skies" live, "Faeries"," Further from Fantasy", "Glitter and Dust", "Golden Key", "It's All Over Now", "Let it Be Me", "Paintings Last Forever", "Running Hard", "Shine", "Things I Don't Understand")
  • F♯3 ("Carpet of the Sun", "Let it Grow", "Midas Man", "Pearls of Wisdom", "Scheherazade Medley" live)
  • F3 ("Let it Be Me", "One Day")
  • E3 ("Bitter Sweet", "Ripple", "Carpet of the Sun" live, "The Captive Heart")

Great, poetic voice.
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Last edited by Whackooyzero on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 21 times in total

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Annie Haslam

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:28 am

Great D5 in "I Think of You"
"Blow cool over MEEEEEEE!"

KeithMoonIsGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 pm

My internet is extremely (and weirdly) slow at the times, so I can't watch a video right now, but i remember some amazing singing by Annie here.

I don't remember exactly, but there's a beautiful A#5 here and a low notes as well (back in my teenage angst prog-ladden days I haven't pitched that note

Later part of Ashes are Burning the way, ashes are burning the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy, where Annie hits some strained, but really high notes. (Don't remember which, but when she's "singing the guitar solo")

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

jever_oliveira wrote:Later part of Ashes are Burning the way, ashes are burning the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy, where Annie hits some strained, but really high notes. (Don't remember which, but when she's "singing the guitar solo")

Great D5 at 0:31, 1:11, incredible sustained E5 at 1:44, falsetto G5 at 2:11, 2:39 B5, later gliding up to C6 and D6! E6 at 2.50, F#6 at 3:17 and then again at 3:27, them some C6-D6 singing, and then at 3:53 sustained E6 gliding to two sharp F#6s! Later on more unbelievable E6-F#6 coloratura singing, and loooooooooooooooong sustained full E5 to end it all.

Had never heard of her. Fucking awesome.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

B6 wrote: Great D5 at 0:31, 1:11, incredible sustained E5 at 1:44, falsetto G5 at 2:11, 2:39 B5, later gliding up to C6 and D6! E6 at 2.50, F#6 at 3:17 and then again at 3:27, them some C6-D6 singing, and then at 3:53 sustained E6 gliding to two sharp F#6s! Later on more unbelievable E6-F#6 coloratura singing, and loooooooooooooooong sustained full E5 to end it all.

Had never heard of her. Fucking awesome.

Thank you dude!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cro on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

jever_oliveira wrote:

4:35 towards the end Shocked

Cro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:56 pm

I could help you if you post notes you're unsure about, she's got a cool voice.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cro on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm

B6 wrote:I could help you if you post notes you're unsure about, she's got a cool voice.
It's not that I'm unsure I'm just staring in awe haha Very Happy

Cro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:10 pm

jever_oliveira wrote:My internet is extremely (and weirdly) slow at the times, so I can't watch a video right now, but i remember some amazing singing by Annie here.

I don't remember exactly, but there's a beautiful A#5 here and a low notes as well (back in my teenage angst prog-ladden days I haven't pitched that note

Some A3s, easy C5s throughout and a good D5 at 5:20, breathy falsetto singing starting at 5:47 with D5s, E5s, F#5s, G#5s and Bb5s. If the last "la la la"s are her (I think they are), then also surprisingly easy and solid F#3s.

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Yes, Jon Camp (the bassit) does some backing vocals, but the la la la's are hers indeed.

PS: I love you dude In Love .

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Thank you thank you Tiphat

B6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whackooyzero on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 am

Would this be considered a full B5 at 6:29? It's got more force to it than the other B5's I've heard her do at least (and more so than the studio version). Sustained one at 6:42 too. Great singing.

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whackooyzero on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 am

Any verdicts people?

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Whackooyzero wrote:Would this be considered a full B5 at 6:29? It's got more force to it than the other B5's I've heard her do at least (and more so than the studio version). Sustained one at 6:42 too. Great singing.
God, that's a mystery to me...
Women's falsetto can be quite tough to distinguish.
Full? pale

KeithMoonIsGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Orange.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top