Ryan Ross

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ryan Ross

Post  press-eject on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Voice Type: But It’s Tenor If You Do
Vocal Range: B2-C♯5

Notable for his role as former (and founding) guitarist and backing vocalist of Panic! At the Disco, Ryan Ross also fronted The Young Veins after leaving Panic. Though he has been largely inactive since, he does have demos of some solo work available online. He sings most comfortably in the bottom of the fourth octave but has shown some ability to sing considerably higher, and his tenorish timbre is immediately apparent despite his somewhat inconsistent high range. Though he rarely ventures below the third octave, he can sing lower tunes convincingly when necessary, retaining his bright tone even into his lower register.

Significant high notes:

C♯5 ("The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage" live in Denver)
C5 ("I Write Sins Not Tragedies" live in Denver, "I’m Down", "London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines" live in Denver, "Time to Dance" live in Denver, "You’re Invited")
B4 ("I’m Down", "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide is Press Coverage" live in Chicago)
B♭4 ("Build God, Then We’ll Talk" live in Denver, "Change", "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" live in Denver, "Nine In the Afternoon" live in Chicago, "Pas de Cheval" live in Chicago, "That Green Gentleman" live in Chicago, "You’re Invited")
A4 ("Camisado" live in Denver, "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" live in Denver, "I’m Down", "London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines" live in Denver, "Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks" live in Denver, "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage" live in Denver, "The Other Girl", "Time to Dance" live in Denver, "We’re So Sorry" live in Chicago, "Where I Belong")
G♯4 ("Change", "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" live in Chicago, "Mad as Rabbits", "She Held the World", "Take A Vacation!", "We’re So Sorry" live in Chicago, "Young Veins (Die Tonight)", "You’re Invited")

Significant low notes:

F3 ("Behind the Sea", "Cape Town", "Defiance", "From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins", "Northern Downpour")
E3 ("At Your Window", "Behind the Sea", "Heart of Mine", "It’s Almost Halloween", "Lonely Moonlight", "She Held the World")
E♭3 ("Cape Town", "From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins", "Mad as Rabbits")
D3 ("At Your Window", "Heart of Mine", "Lie To the Truth", "Lonely Moonlight", "The Other Girl")
C♯3 ("She Held the World")
C3 ("At Your Window", "Cape Town", "From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins", "Lonely Moonlight", "Northern Downpour")
B2 ("Lonely Moonlight")

*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals, or otherwise obscured in song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

press-eject

View user profile http://thornspawnchalice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top