Voice Type:
Lyric Soprano
Vocal Range: F3-D6

Significant High Notes:

D6: "Love Is Spreading Over The World"
C♯6: "God Only Knows"
C6: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "O Holy Night*"
B5: "God Only Knows", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)"
B♭5: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)", "Let It Shine*", "O Holy Night*", "The Good Songs"
A5: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)", "I Write The Songs", "Little Saint Nick", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "O Holy Night*"
G♯5: "Don't Be Scared", "God Only Knows", "Love Will Keep Us Together", "The Good Songs"
G5: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Cuddle Up", "Don't Be Scared", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)", "I Write The Songs", "I'm On My Way", "Let It Shine*", "Let Mama Know", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "Mr. Sandman*", "O Holy Night*", "Sad Eyes"
F♯5: "Cuddle Up", "God Only Knows", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)", "I Write The Songs", "I'm On My Way", "Little Saint Nick", "Love Will Keep Us Together", "Please Mr. Postman (Live)*", "You Never Done It Like That"
F5: "Butterscotch Castle", "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Don't Be Scared", "God Only Knows", "Let Mama Know", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "Mind Your Love", "Mr. Sandman*"", "O Holy Night*", "Please Mr. Postman (Live)*", "The Good Songs"
E5: "Cuddle Up", "Don't Be Scared", "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", "I Write The Songs", "I'm On My Way", "It's Going To Take Some Time (Live)*", "Let It Shine*", "Little Saint Nick*", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "Mr. Sandman*", "My Boyfriend's Back*"
E♭5: "Butterscotch Castle", "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Circles", "Crocodile Rock*", "Cuddle Up", "Don't Be Scared", "God Only Knows", "Happier Than The Morning Sun", "Happy Together (A Fantasy)", "I Write The Songs", "Ladybug", "Let It Shine*", "Love Will Keep Us Together", "Please Mr. Postman (Live)*", "Sad Eyes", "The Good Songs"
D5: "Butterscotch Castle", "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Crocodile Rock*", "Cuddle Up", "Dancing In The Streets*", "Happier Than The Morning Sun", "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", "I'm On My Way", "Let It Shine*", "Let Mama Know", "Little Saint Nick*", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)", "Mr. Sandman", "O Holy Night*", "Please Mr. Postman (Live)*", "Sad Eyes", "Superstar (Live)*", "You Never Done It Like That"
C♯5: "Dancing In The Streets*", "My Boyfriend's Back*", "Your Song*"
C5: "Crocodile Rock*", "Dancing In The Streets*", "Feel Like A Man", "It's Going To Take Some Time (Live)*", "Superstar (Live)*", "You Never Done It Like That"

Significant Low Notes:

B3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Country Sunshine*", "My Boyfriend's Back*"
B♭3: "Mr. Sandman*"
A3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Circles", "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You*", "Let It Shine*", "Little Saint Nick*", "Mis Canciónes", "Mr. Sandman*"
G♯3: "Let It Shine*"
G3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Mr. Sandman*"
F♯3: "Circles"
F3: "Ain't Misbehavin' (Live)*"

Note: Seeing as the only sources of Melissa in pictures during the Captain & Tennille era are 70's video transfers and album/DVD covers, unavoidable video artifacts and printing/scanning issues are introduced so any such picture is of poor quality and/or has 'Moiré' patterns, unfortunately.
Underlines mark notes found in more prominent and/or solo vocal parts.
*= Notes sang on the Captain & Tennille Show from 1976-1977 or the Captain & Tennille Christmas Show for Christmas songs.

The Soprano voiced singing sister of Toni Tennille, Melissa Tennille sang the background Soprano parts on 'Captain & Tennille' recordings, and so toured with the duo and appeared on the 'Captain & Tennille Show', from 1976-1977, singing the same parts. A classically trained Lyric Soprano, Melissa's bright, bell-like head voice lifted more ambitious Captain & Tennille recordings like "God Only Knows", "Little Saint Nick", "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Love Is Spreading Over The World" and "Happy Together (A Fantasy)". Said head voice could extend to a D6, and her pleasant low register down to an F3, making her 2 octaves and 5 note range equal to that of her sister Toni.

Last edited by 'S on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:41 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : New song noted)

'S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Melissa Tennille (Captain & Tennille)

Post  Rockin' D on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:13 pm

DEAR LORD THAT PICTURE IS GINORMOUS. PLEASE RESIZE IT. Shocked
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oops!

Post  'S on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Rockin' D wrote:DEAR LORD THAT PICTURE IS GINORMOUS. PLEASE RESIZE IT. Shocked

Resized both photos. Sorry, I made the mistake of not resizing a portrait picture to a small enough horizontal resolution D\'oh

'S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Melissa Tennille (Captain & Tennille)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top