View previous topic View next topic Go down

Louisa Tennille (Captain & Tennille)

Post  'S on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 am

Voice Type: Mezzo-Soprano
Vocal Range: D3-F5

Significant High Notes:

F5: "Can't Stop Dancin'"
E5: "God Only Knows", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)"
E♭5: "Crocodile Rock*", "Sad Eyes", "Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"
D5: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Crocodile Rock*", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "Superstar (Live)*"
C♯5: "My Boyfriend's Back*", "Your Song*"
C5: "Crocodile Rock*", "Feel Like A Man", "It's Going To Take Some Time (Live)*", "Let It Shine*", "Lonely Nights (Angel Face)", "Love Is Spreading Over The World", "Mr. Sandman*", "Please Mr. Postman (Live)*", "Superstar (Live)*", "The Good Songs"

Significant Low Notes:

B3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "My Boyfriend's Back*"
B♭3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Mis Canciónes", "The Good Songs"
A3: Ain't Misbehavin' (Live)*, "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Circles", "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You*", "Let It Shine*", "Little Saint Nick*", "Mis Canciónes", "Mr. Sandman*", "The Good Songs"
G♯3: "Let It Shine*"
G3: "Can't Stop Dancin'", "Little Saint Nick*", "Mr. Sandman*"
F♯3: "Circles", "Little Saint Nick*"
F3: "Ain't Misbehavin' (Live)*", "Circles"
E3: "Mr. Sandman*"
D3: "Mr. Sandman*"

Note: Seeing as the only sources of Louisa in pictures during the Captain & Tennille era are 70's video transfers and album/DVD covers, unavoidable video artifacts and printing/scanning issues are introduced so any such picture is of poor quality and/or has 'Moiré' patterns, unfortunately.
Underlines mark notes found in more prominent and/or solo vocal parts.
*= Notes sang on the Captain & Tennille Show from 1976-1977 or the Captain & Tennille Christmas Show for Christmas songs.

The Mezzo-Soprano voiced singing sister of Toni Tennille, Louisa Tennille sang the background 'Alto' parts on 'Captain & Tennille' recordings, and so toured with the duo and appeared on the 'Captain & Tennille Show', from 1976-1977, singing the same parts. Described as having a restrained vocal style with a youthful timbre, Louisa provided a welcome extra vocal texture in Captain & Tennille songs, contrasting with sister Toni's brasher tone and sister Melissa's bell-like soprano. Her vocal abilities and range are even more commendable considering she had no formal vocal training, and couldn't read music.

Last edited by 'S on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Resized picture)

'S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Louisa Tennille (Captain & Tennille)

Post  Rockin' D on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:15 pm

DEAR LORD THIS PICTURE IS ALSO GINORMOUS. PLEASE RESIZE THIS TOO. Shocked
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top