Moya Brennan (Clannad)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moya Brennan (Clannad)

Post  'S on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 am

Voice Type: Mezzo-Soprano
Vocal Range: B♭2-F5

Significant High Notes:

F5: "Éirigh Suas a Stóirín (1976 'Dúlamán' version)"
E5: "Bhean a' Tí", "Gathering Mushrooms", "Mháire Bruineall (Live 2007 'Ardán' interview as Gaeilge)", "Mo Mháire (Live 1978)", "The Last Rose Of Summer", "Turning Tide"
E♭5: "Gleanntain' Ghlas' Ghaoth Dobhair (Live at Leo's Taven with Olive & Brídín)", "Saltwater"
D5: "An Gleann", "Bhean a' Tí", "Broken Pieces", "Cran Ull", "Éirigh Suas a Stóirín (1976 'Dúlamán' version)", "Falling", "Gathering Mushrooms", "Gleanntain' Ghlas' Ghaoth Dobhair (Live at Leo's Taven with Olive & Brídín)", "I See Red", "I Will Find You", "Indoor", "Mháire Bruineall (Live 2007 'Ardán' interview as Gaeilge)", "Mo Mháire (Live 1978)", "No Scenes Of Stately Majesty", "Northern Skyline", "Our World", "River", "Skellig", "Struggle", "Tara", "Teidhir Abhaile Riú", "The Big Rock", "The Dream", "The Last Rose Of Summer", "Turning Tide", "Téir Abhaile Riú", "World Of Difference", "You're The One", "You're The One (with Shane MacGowan)"
C♯5: "A Mhaighdean Mhara (live on Nollaig na Maggies)", "Banba Óir", "Broken Pieces", "Farewell Love", "I See Red", "No Scenes Of Stately Majesty", "Saltwater", "Seanchas", "Theme From Harry's Game", "Turning Tide", "Two Horizons", "You're The One (with Shane MacGowan)"
C5: "A Mhuirnín Ó", "An Gleann", "Anam", "Autumn Leaves Are Falling", "Banba Óir", "Both Sides Now", "By Chance It Was", "Closer To Your Heart", "Down By The Salley Gardens (Live 1978, Live 1982 at BBC, Live 2005)", "Erin Grá Mo Chroi" (Single), "Erin Grá Mo Chroi (Live at St. Patrick's Day Parade 2016)", "Éirigh Suas a Stóirín (1976 'Dúlamán' version)", "Falling", "Gleanntain' Ghlas' Ghaoth Dobhair (Live at Leo's Taven with Olive & Brídín)", "Gone Are The Days", "I Will Find You", "In Fortune's Hand", "In Search Of A Heart", "Many Faces", "Mháire Bruineall (Live 2007 'Ardán' interview as Gaeilge)", "No Scenes Of Stately Majesty", "Our World", "Purple Haze", "Rihne Tú", "Song Of David", "Tell Me Now (What You See)", "The Big Rock", "The Bridge Of Tears", "The Last Rose Of Summer", "The Light On The Hill", "The Other Side", "Tir na nÓg", "Two Sisters", "White Fool", "World Of Difference"
B4: "A Mhaighdean Mhara (live on Nollaig na Maggies)", "A Mhuirnín Ó", "A Stór A Stór A Ghrá (Live on Nollaig Na Maggies)", "Alasdair MacColla", "An Seanduine Dóite", "Ar a ghabhail 'n à chuain damh", "Broken Pieces", "By Chance It Was", "Ceol an Phíbaire (Live)", "Coinleach Ghlas an Fhómhair", "Court To Love", "Cruscin Lán", "Cuach Mo Lon Dubh Buí (live on Nollaig na Maggies)", "Dealramh Go Deo", "Do You Hear What I Hear/Don oíche úd i mBeithil", "Éirigh Suas a Stóirín (1976 'Dúlamán' version)", "Follow The Word", "Gleanntain' Ghlas' Ghaoth Dobhair (Live at Leo's Taven with Olive & Brídín)", "I Still Believe", "I Will Find You", "Kiss The Book", "Let Me See", "Love and Affection", "Many Faces", "Mystery Game", "No Scenes Of Stately Majesty", "Of This Land", "Our World", "Searchrán Charin Tsiail", "Sirius", "The Big Rock", "The Dream", "The Fairy Queen", "The Last Rose Of Summer", "The Wild Cry", "Theme From Harry's Game", "Turas Dhómsha chon na Galldachd", "Turning Tide", "Two Sisters", "You're The One", "You're The One (with Shane MacGowan)"

Significant Low Notes:

F♯3: "A Mhuirnín Ó", "A Neansaí Mhíle Grá", "Black Night", "Black Night (Live on the Late Late Show)", "Both Sides Now", "Carol Of The Bells", "Dealramh Go Deo", "Do You Hear What I Hear/Don oiche úd i mBeithil", "Fadó", "Follow The Word", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Grá Dé", "Jealous Heart", "Perfect Time", "Soilsa na Nollag (Live on Nollaig na Maggies)", "The Last Rose of Summer", "The Wild Cry", "There For You", "What Child Is This?"
F3: "Gone Are The Days", "Heal This Land", "Hidden Stories", "In Fortune's Hand", "Noel", "Pill A Rún Ó", "Rihne Tú", "Saltwater", "Siúil a Rún", "Tir na nÓg", "When The Morning Breaks (Live)"
E3: "A Quiet Town", "A Stór, A Stór A Ghrá (Live on Nollaig Na Maggies)", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Grá Dé", "I Believe (Deep Within)", "In Dulci Jubilo", "Merry Go Round", "Sailing", "Soilsa na Nollag (Live on Nollaig na Maggies)", "The Dream", "There For You", "What Child Is This?"
E♭3: "Oro", "Stór, A Stór, A Stór A Ghrá"
D3: "A Stór, A Stór A Ghrá (Live on Nollaig Na Maggies)", "Erin Grá Mo Chroi (Single)", "Grá Dé", "I Believe (Deep Within)", "Mystery Game", "Soilsa na Nollag (Live on Nollaig na Maggies)"
C♯3: "Stór, A Stór, A Ghrá"
C3: "Grá Dé"
B2: "Soilse na Nollag (Live on Nollaig na Maggies)"
B♭2: "Soilse na Nollag (Live on Nollaig na Maggies)"

Note: Harmonized/background lower 3rd octave & 2nd octave notes on post 2005 studio solo albums with 'manly' tone assumed to be long-time collaborator baritone, Cormac De Barra, not Moya (when he's credited on vocals).
*Underlines mark notes found in (harmonised) background vocals

Best known as the lead songstress of Irish Folk band Clannad, and so is credited to bringing Irish Language (Gaelige) songs to international fame with her light, resonant voice. Moya launched her successful solo career in the early 90s, and still tours with Clannad and solo today, where she displays her harp talents also. A very well developed head voice and warm low register combine to give her an impressive range, extending down to the 2nd octave, unusual for such a feminine voice (much like her sister Enya!). Her vocals never sound strained, which may be the reason why Moya's voice remains in such great condition, an equally formidable voice, even now.

Last edited by 'S on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected note)

'S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top