Wes McKinzie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wes McKinzie

Post  WLord1310 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:37 am

Voice Type: Basssssss
Vocal Range: E1 - E♭4

Occasional bass singer from the group "Acapella" and current Director of Communications Marketing in Oklahoma Christian University.

Significant High Notes:

E♭4 – “I'm At Your Mercy (live)”
B3 – “Jesus Knows”
B♭3 – “I'm At Your Mercy”, “Let’s Get Together (Live)”
A3 – “Nobody but Jesus”, "Praise Medley"
G♯3 – “Be Devoted”, “Jingle Bells
G3 – “Let's Get Together (Live)”, “Silver Bells
F♯3 – “Acapella Medley (Live)”, “Jesus Knows”, "Kyrie", “Now to Him (Cafe)”, “Seven Bridges Road”, “She's A Miracle”, “Something To Hold On To”
F3 – “Hush”, “I Feel Fine”
E3 – “Acapella Medley (Live)”, "A la Iglesia Vamos a Ir/U Can't Go 2 Church", “All The Gold In California”, “Amazing Grace (live)”, “America”, "Anda en la Luz", “Glory and Honor”, “Now To Him”, “Star Spangled Banner”, “Rock-a-my Soul”, “Tell Me Something That I Don't Know”, "Walk by Faith (Rerecorded)"
E♭3 – "Forever", "Growin' Up With King James", “Heaven”, “Higher Ground”, “I Need You”, "Open My Heart", “Teaching The Truth”
D3 – “Anything 4 U”, “My Love Won't Die”, “Shut De Do”, “Water From The Well”, “When They Ring Those Golden Bells”, “Your Love is More”

Significant Low Notes:

E♭2 – "Always", “Heaven”, “I Feel Fine”, “I Won’t Let Go”, “Let's Get Together”, “My Love Won't Die”, "We Have Seen the Glory (live)"
D2 – "Dedicated", “Every Time I Need Him”, “Going Down To The River”, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, “His Righteousness”, “I Delight in The Lord”, “I Wanna be More like Jesus”, “I Won't Let Go (live)”, "Mi Corazón/My Heart", “Ride Cowboy Ride”, “Swing Down Chariot”, “The Bluest Eyes In Texas”, "The Sound of Music", “Well on my Way, "What's Your Tag Say", Where Are You Tonight?”, “Your Love is More”
C♯2 – "Accept One Another", “All The Gold In California”, “Almost Home”, "Anda en la Luz", “Anything 4 U”, “Calling Forth”, "Father/Padre", "Growin' Up With King James", “Jingle Bells”, “I’m at Your Mercy”, “I Believe”, “I Need You”, "It's Not Enuff!", "Open My Heart", “Seven Bridges Road”, “Take it Away”, “Teaching The Truth”
C2 – "Always", “Amazing Grace (live)”, "Attitude Check", “Broken Lady”, “Celebrate and Party”, “Die 2 Live”, “Elvira”, “Fiesta”, “Glory and Honor”, "I Know a Man", “I Won’t Let Go”, "Legalistic Tendencies", “Love Don't Live Here”, "My Love won't Die", "Nada Encontré/Nothing in the World", “Rescue”, "Song in my Soul", “Star Spangled Banner (OKC Thunder Game, 3/28/2010)”, “Tell me The Story of Jesus”, “Tell Me Why”, “Thank You World”, “When You’re There”, “Whosoever Will
B1 – “Acapella Medley (live)”, "Accept One Another", “America”, "A la Iglesia Vamos a Ir/U Can't Go 2 Church", “Anda en la Luz”, “Everybody Said”, “God Bless the USA”, “God’s Great”, “God will Provide”, “Goot Foot”, “Higher Ground”, “Ignorance Ain't Bliss”, "It's Not Enuff!", “I’ve Been Everywhere”, “I Need You/Solo Tú”, “I Still Don’t Understand it”, “Jesus Knows”, "Joy to the World", “Kyrie”, “New Reign”, “Rock-a my Soul”, “Spirit's N Da House”, “Seven Bridges Road”, “Tell Me Something That I Don't Know”, "The Road", "The Walls Came Down", “Water From The Well”, "Work for It"
B♭1 – “Acappella Babies Ad”, "Father", “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” , “I’m at Your Mercy” , “I Delight in The Lord”, “I Feel Good”, “Mary Did You Know?”, "Nada Encontré/Nothing in the World", “Rescue”, “Song in My Soul”, “Spiritual One-Night Stand”, "War With Myself (live)", “Who is Gonna Tell The Child?”
A1 – “Acappella Babies Ad”, “El Crimen/The Victim”, “Everybody Said (Live in São Paulo, Brazil)”, “God Bless the USA”, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, “Ignorance Ain't Bliss”, “I Need You (live)”, “Inspiration”, "I Won't Let Go", "Legalistic Tendencies", “Nobody but Jesus”, “Nothing in the World”, "Praise Medley", “Rescue (live)”, “Rock-a my Soul”, “Saved By Grace”, “Shut De Do”, “Tell Me Something That I Don't Know”, “Thank You World”, "The Sound of Music", "Walk by Faith (Rerecorded)", “When They Ring Those Golden Bells
G♯1 – “Amazing Grace”, “Calling Forth”, “Dig a Little Deeper”, "Forever", "Give Jesus Your Heart", “God Bless The USA (Live)”, "Growin' Up With King James", “Jingle Bells”, “La Song”, “Love Don't Live Here”, “No Love Like Your Love”, "Roll the Stone Away", “Someone Special”, "Solo Tú", “Spirit's N Da House”, “Take It Away”, “Tell Me Why”, “Thank You World”, "The Walls Came Down", “This Time Tomorrow”, "What's Your Tag Say", “Who is Gonna Tell The Child?”
G1 – “Almost Home”, “Amazing Grace (live)”, “Die 2 Live”, “When You’re There”
F♯1 – “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, “Higher Ground”, "The Walls Came Down"
F1 – “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
E1 – “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, “Joy to the World

*Underlines mark notes found in lead vocals, or notes that are somehow above the rest of harmonies/voices.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
*Green marks notes found in the Southern Gospel Bass Clip Compilation

Last edited by WLord1310 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:44 am; edited 4 times in total
WLord1310

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxNgdjaGfENkh0TFfLl0QA

Back to top Go down

Re: Wes McKinzie

Post  WLord1310 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:45 am

Oops, accidental double posting.
WLord1310

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:09 am

Took care of it Tiphat
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:14 am

"Unknown Song" is "Joy to the World," and the one from the Brazil trip is "We Have Seen His Glory."

Really good thread you have going here. I've been hoping to get some more representation for the cast of Acappella by adding more threads on this site, and you've definitely done Mckinzie justice! Keep it up.

Also, I believe there were some more ultra low first octave notes in his AVB days. Definitely worth checking out.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WLord1310 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:33 am

Thank you!

I actually have a few problems with some albums, as they're not completely accessible, but at least the demo versions have more significant notes that I thought.

Also thanks to Prometheus for taking charge. Dance
WLord1310

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top