Wade MacNeil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wade MacNeil

Post  press-eject on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Voice type: Angry Canadian Tenor
Vocal range: C♯2-E5

Though he rose to prominence as the lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the influential post-hardcore act Alexisonfire, Wade MacNeil has also found success with the UK-based hardcore punk group Gallows. He also fronts the Canadian punk band Black Lungs. Much of MacNeil's vocal output is manic screaming, but he nevertheless demonstrates great melodic control of his distinctive husky tenor.

Significant high notes:
E5 ("Bored")
D5 ("Bored", "Snowbird")
C♯5 ("California Evil", "Cult of Mary", "Vapid Adolescent Blues")
C5 ("All Seeing Eye", "Black Lungs Is A Gang", "Crisis", "Death Voices" rehearsal, "Stay Out of Parkdale", "True Colours")
B4 (".44 Caliber Love Letter", "Accept Crime", "Bored", "California Evil", "Class of 98", "Crisis", "Cult of Mary", "Depravers", "Everybody Loves You (When You're Dead)", "Gimme Violence", "Mystic Death", "Old Crows", "Pagan Holiday", "Panic Attack")
B♭4 ("Boiled Frogs", "Cross of Lorraine", "Death Is Birth", "Deathsmarch", "Desolation Sounds", "Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama", "Leather Crown", "Nations | Never Enough", "No Rest", "Pagan Holiday", "That Girl Possessed", "Waterwings (And Other Poolside Fashion Faux Pas)", "Wayfarer Youth", "Young Cardinals")
A4 ("Cease To Exist", "Class of 98", "Death Voices" rehearsal, "Hate Hate Hate", "Hold Fast (Sink or Swim)", "In Memory", "Mondo Chaos", "Outsider Art", "Snowbird", "So It Goes", "Stay Out of Parkdale", "These Moments Define Us", "Valley Of the Dolls", "White Devil")

Significant low notes:
F♯3 ("Accept Crime" acoustic, "Boiled Frogs" acoustic, "Chains", "Desolation Sounds", "Fire and Brimstone", "The Kennedy Curse", "Midnight Regulations" acoustic, "Outsider Art", "You Burn First")
E3 ("93/93", "Boiled Frogs" acoustic, "Bonfire Season", "Chains", "Cult of Mary", "Death Voices" rehearsal, "For the Love of Ivy", "Outsider Art")
E♭3 ("Born and Raised" acoustic, "Chains", "Desolation Sounds", "The Kennedy Curse", "You Burn First")
D3 ("For the Love of Ivy")
C♯3 ("93/93", "Boiled Frogs" acoustic, "Bonfire Season", "Chains")
C3 ("Born and Raised" acoustic, "Happiness By the Kilowatt" acoustic)
B2 ("Happiness By the Kilowatt" acoustic)
A2 ("Happiness By the Kilowatt" acoustic)
G♯2 ("You Burn First")
F♯2 ("You Burn First")
E♭2 ("You Burn First")
C♯2 ("You Burn First")

*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals, or otherwise obscured in song mix.
*Green marks notes delivered with harsh vocals.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by press-eject on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

press-eject

View user profile http://thornspawnchalice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wade MacNeil

Post  press-eject on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Open question: I'm pretty new to this forum, so what's the general accepted policy for multiple close notes from one song? I've seen other threads where people are told to limit the amount of notes from one individual song, but I left my repetitions in because they're the only recorded instances of the singer in question hitting those notes. Should I remove some of the You Burn First notes? If so, which? I figure the C♯2 should stay because it's his only recorded C♯2. The E♭2 seems important too since it's his lowest sung note.

press-eject

View user profile http://thornspawnchalice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Misukiy Lambertson on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:21 am

press-eject wrote:Open question: I'm pretty new to this forum, so what's the general accepted policy for multiple close notes from one song? I've seen other threads where people are told to limit the amount of notes from one individual song, but I left my repetitions in because they're the only recorded instances of the singer in question hitting those notes. Should I remove some of the You Burn First notes? If so, which? I figure the C♯2 should stay because it's his only recorded C♯2. The E♭2 seems important too since it's his lowest sung note.

It depends on the singer/situation.

I would normally say 3 highs and 3 lows.

However, this seems like a different situation that there are 4 distinct significant lows.

So, you're fine.

P.S You might want to put parentheses around the different note categories.

Like this.

E5 ("Bored")
D5 ("Bored", "Snowbird")
C♯5 ("California Evil", "Cult of Mary", "Vapid Adolescent Blues")

But keep the colors.
Misukiy Lambertson

Location : Somewhere jerking myself off with my massive vocal range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:34 pm

I actually put every single note that is significant.
if a Song have 7 significant high notes i put them all, don't understand why not, if a thread isn't hugh it's fine.
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamnothing on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Breaking wrote:I actually put every single note that is significant.
if a Song have 7 significant high notes i put them all, don't understand why not, if a thread isn't hugh it's fine.
Ditto
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:18 pm

First thing i thought when i've read your message. Laughing

Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content