George Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George Jones

Post  Alex on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:22 am

The recently deceased king of Country Music singers. From basic Honky Tonk and Rockabilly in the '50s to to slick ballads in the '60s and '70s and on to 'old man' novelty in the '90s. His voice was everywhere, singing in an extremely twangy faux-tenor for most of his life but occasinally surpsrising everyone with his rock-solid lows. I heard the song 'One Woman Man' and just had to notewatch this guy. It's been a treat so far. I understand why most people in Country call him the best singer ever. His phrasing is really interesting and his pitching is...well it's nothing short of jaw-dropping. I've never heard anything like it in all my years.

Voice Type: Baritone, Twang Machine

Significant High Notes:
B4 ("One Woman Man")
A4 ("Ive Got Five Dollars And It's Saturday Night", "Don't Do This To Me")
G4 ("Rockin' Chair", "Mr. Fool", "The Seasons In My Heart", "Eskimo Pie", '"Uh Uh No")
F♯4 ("Corvette Song", "Revenooer Man", "The Race Is On", "The Seasons In My Heart", "No Money In This Deal", "Don't Do This To Me")

Significant Low Notes:
A2 ("Who Shot Sam", "Revenooer Man", "No Money In This Deal", "Don't Do This To Me")
G2 ("Uh Uh No")
B♭2 ("Geronimo")
E2 ("Ol' Red", "Who Shot Sam")
D2 ("One Woman Man") ("Corvette Song")

Also check out 'Mr. Fool' to hear some amazing pitching and phrasing. His voice sounds like a pedal steel.

WIP. Not done by any means. Only three records so far.

Alex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top