Excessive seriousness from Hard Songs thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Excessive seriousness from Hard Songs thread

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 am

I don't think I have a PERFECT voice, I just think it's good. Not great.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

View user profile http://Eggcouncilmusicreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cmen on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 am

As I said, you need to be more critical of yourself
Cmen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 am

I say the main problem with my voice is that it's immature. I'm only 14, but I still wish I sounded less like a kid. At the same time, though, I don't want to lose much high range.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:21 am

What reason do you have to ignore the criticism people give you and act like only you are good for critiquing yourself? If you refuse to accept the help we give you, just stop posting. We waste a lot of effort on you and you never seem to benefit from it.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:22 am

I'm not ignoring other's criticism. Just feel they're being too harsh, especially Demi. I'll work on improving using the criticisms given.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:36 am

Trust me, we really aren't being that harsh. You've ignored our criticism for long enough that you have no room to take that sort of an attitude when you actually make an effort to improve yourself. Take the criticism at face value and let it spur you on.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37 am

I'm not ignoring criticism. You're not being harsh, that was more directed at Demi.

Last edited by Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37 am

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:41 am

Can we move away from this and get back on track? My voice has some flaws I need to fix, that's true. But I think we should carry on with the thread. I'll make some new covers tomorrow, that will address the complaints you've voiced.

Last edited by Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:10 am

Fetty Mercury wrote:I'm not ignoring criticism. You're not being harsh, that was more directed at Demi.
Look, I gave you a trigger warning. I said I thought they were fair and comprehensive, but way too nice. I was honest, because that's all I can be with you dude. Take it from someone who's wrecked their voice before, stop doing what you're doing right now.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am

But i'm not doing what you did. I never fill my songs with screams like you did.

I will try to improve my singing, though. I just covered Queen's I Want To Break Free, and I think I did well. Will post tomorrow.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:44 am

Fetty Mercury wrote:But i'm not doing what you did. I never fill my songs with screams like you did.

I will try to improve my singing, though. I just covered Queen's I Want To Break Free, and I think I did well. Will post tomorrow.
So? I didn't ruin my voice from screaming. Screaming is easy, it's how strenuous my singing was that did me in, or that's what the doctor said, and frankly I trust him a hell of a lot more than you. You can continue to dodge the honesty though, and just pretend nothing will happen until it does like I did. You're younger, so at this rate I'll give you another few years until it starts to hurt more and more. Also, if you really want to improve, don't post anything tomorrow. Wait a month, take all of the criticism seriously, and fucking practice, and I don't mean singing for a few hours; I mean, actually work on fucking breathing exercises and scales. Then after a month of that, post a cover, receive more criticism and keep working. Not everyone is a natural, and you're pretty damn lucky to have so many users here to give you any amount of feedback.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:51 am

My singing's not that strenuous though, I try to not use my voice much, I usually only sing a couple of songs a day if that.

And I'm definitely not going ONE MONTH without singing.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am

You might think of it a bit like exercising your body: gentle regular exercise is better than short bursts of strenuous activity, and warming up is important.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:59 am

Correct. I'll try to warm up and practice more.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Fine, if you're going to be this obtuse, I suppose I may as well give a more detailed and emphatic response than what I gave prior.

Fetty Mercury wrote:I am not trying to sing like Geddy Lee. I'm trying to use my own specific style.

This is a load of fucking bullshit. It is beyond undeniable that your entire approach of singing, particularly tone and diction, is set to emulate Geddy Lee, whether you're aware of it or not. And again, the problem is: YOU ARE NOT GEDDY LEE. You have not developed the ease in your higher range that he has/had, and mindless screaming like what you've been doing in your covers (and I've heard a fair amount of them) will not help you one iota.

Fetty Mercury wrote:And I don't abuse my voice.

Of course you do, but you either can't realize it or don't want to admit that it's true. This style of singing is NOT HEALTHY IN ANY WAY. You haven't figured that out yet because you're young, and frankly, exceedingly naive. Give it a few years and you'll start realizing the mistakes you've been making, but by then it might be too late to salvage your voice. I don't want this to happen because it seems like there is talent there, you just *have* to improve your technique in order for it to be properly realized.

Fetty Mercury wrote:It was that a thread which had so much potential turned into everyone bashing me over a silly cover. If you have criticism for my singing, please take it to my singing thread.

It's called "advice". Can't take the heat, get out of the fucking kitchen and stop posting covers. WE. ARE. TRYING. TO. HELP. YOU.

Fetty Mercury wrote:I have taken your criticisms in account, but things like tone aren't something you can fix.

Again, bullshit. You absolutely can work on improving and changing tone, it just takes time. But time doesn't seem to be something you're interested in spending when it comes to your singing.

Fetty Mercury wrote:Listening to my covers, I don't see anything bad about them at all. The ONLY bad ones are the ones in this thread.

I'm kinda surprised how much you hate my voice, considering other people think it's decent at least.

Being very honest with you, you *might* have a cover or two that sound decent. (I say "might" because I haven't heard them all.) The rest range from "poor" to "dreadful". I know it is said that you are your own worst critic, but you seem to be the antithesis of that because you truly have a warped perception of how good of a voice you actually have. It's not as if there are only isolated members telling you these things: it's the entire motherfucking forum. If every one of us has a pretty unified opinion of your voice, I would HIGHLY advise you to shut your mouth for a while and *really* listen to what they have to say.

Fetty Mercury wrote:I'm not ignoring criticism.

Yes, you are; in fact, I would argue that has been your modus operandi the entire time you've been on this forum. The vast majority of us have been genuinely trying to help you, but you have it in your head that either you can do no wrong or our criticisms are meaningless for whatever reason. In two years on this site, I have yet to see anything you have improved in, whether it be singing, post quality, thread-making abilities, or otherwise. I beg of you, do not take our comments about you as this brigade of hate, but treat it as legitimate criticism and reason to try and improve yourself in every possible way. Because you certainly haven't done so yet.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:33 pm

I see all that, but HOW is my approach unhealthy? And how am I mindlessly screaming? Can you explain why? I don't like when people just say things without explaining. And it's not the entire forum who hates my voice, it's just you, Demi, Alpha, and Reb. Metalhead, Interstellar, and Ollie have said good things about my voice.

I guess bashing is the wrong word. I will accept the criticism. I do think i've improved in other facets, my M.C Ride thread is MUCH better than the Nicola Sedda ones.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm

And where have you gathered I hate your voice from? The countless times I've said you have potential? Oh yeah man you've totally read through my posts

You havent even read tls's post, which is probably the biggest mass of truth you'll get regarding singing. Or demi's serious concern coming from personal experience and her development of nodes and further re evaluating of her clean singing technique? Yeah man she just hates your voice forget about it.

If feedback isn't sucking your dick then its not worth taking into account huh. Seriously stop doing this.

Seriously man, if you don't like it I've got two options you can take.

1. Stay mediocre. Ruin your fucking voice and start to think that maybe we were right once you lose the ability to sing (or anything that resembles singing tbh) while most of us continue to improve and apply ourselves

2. Quit.

Exactly just quit singing. You apparently have a thing for critque that isn't praise or all pink and pretty. Trust me if you don't like this type of situations, it'll be better if you just quit and never share this talent of yours again. (Though this will not only happen to you with singing)
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Okay. They don't hate my voice. By "hate my voice", i meant they hate my current covers.

But I AM TAKING CRITICISM into account! I'm not IGNORING It. I am taking it into account for future covers.

And what do you mean by "This will not only happen to you with singing"?
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Excessive seriousness from Hard Songs thread

Post  Misukiy Lambertson on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:39 pm

This thread has become a disaster.

I'll try something strange as soon as I can use the microphone without waking up somebody.

Also, it's smart to stay in where you are most comfortable with your voice, after you polished that you can start expanding your range.
Misukiy Lambertson

Location : Somewhere jerking myself off with my massive vocal range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top