Earl Elkins, Jr.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Earl Elkins, Jr.

Post  WLord1310 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Voice Type: The Soaring Rock Opera Tenor of VoicePlay that has been heard all around the globe and also loves Twinkies.
Vocal Range: G♯2 – G♯5

About this guy:
Earl Elkins, Jr. is as mentioned above, the main tenor of the acapella group VoicePlay, as he sings most of the leads, and also arranges part of the studio tracks to make them catchier and more creative. He started involved with musical groupings at a young age, and travelled the whole world in pursuit of better opportunities for his vocal capability, before joining VoicePlay in the beginning of 2000.
Aside from VoicePlay, Earl can be seen performing on several world class cruise lines and around Orlando. He also plays the trumpet and the French Horn sometimes.
If we talk about his voice, we can say his low register isn't used very often, and his high register sometimes confuses the listener, since it seems that changes constantly between head and chest voice, but actually most of the notes are chest, so let's say his natural tone becomes misleading.

Significant High Notes:
G♯5 - "Beauty and the Beast (ACA TOP 10 Broadway)"
G5 - "ACA Disney", "My Shot (Hamilton)", "The Death of a Bachelor"
F♯5 - "Eye of the Tiger", "Super Mario Bros. (ACA TOP 10 - Video Games)", "Tiptoe Thru the Tulips (Road Trip)"
F5 - "A Crimpella", "ARTPOP", "Daddy Sang Bass", "Don’t Speak Live", "Friend Like Me", "Love On Top", "Stay With Me (ACA TOP 10 Summer Hits 2014)", "Talk Dirty w/Drum Battle", "Wrecking Ball"
E5 - "ACA-Disney", "Angry Birds (ACA TOP 10 - Video Games)", "Boy Band Medley", "Don’t Stop Believing", "Funky Music", "Love On Top", "Play That Funky Music", "Sherry (ACA TOP 10 Broadway)", "Stay With Me", “Titanium”, "Wookiee For Christmas"
E♭5 - "ACA TOP 10 Broadway (Live)", "ACA TOP 10 Old School RAP", "Cum on Feel the Noize / Shout (Road Trip)", "Don’t Speak Live", "Don’t You Forget About Me", "Fancy (ACA TOP 10 Summer Hits 2014)", "I Knew You Were Trouble / As Long As You Love Me", "Love On Top", “Pizza Party
D5 - “Alley”, “Bad Blood / Sugar (ACA TOP 10 - Summer Hits 2015)”, "Beauty and the Beast (ACA TOP 10 Broadway)", "Bollywood Jingle Bells", "Bye, Bye, Bye! (Sing Off version)", "Eye of the Tiger", "Friend Like Me", "Get Lucky", "My Shot (Hamilton)", "Jakk", "Phantom of the Opera", "Pokémon (ACA TOP 10 - Video Games)", "Suit & Tie", "The Death of a Bachelor", "Wrecking Ball", "Young and Beautiful", "Zombies vs. Hillbillies - Survivor"
C♯5 - "Cheerleader", "Cruella de Vil", "Everywhere You Look (Fuller House Theme)", "Feel This Moment (Sing Off version)", "I Knew You Were Trouble / As Long As You Love Me", "Shut Up and Dance (ACA TOP 10 - Summer Hits 2015)", "Talk Dirty w/Drum Battle", "The Fox", "The Legend of Zelda (ACA TOP 10 - Video Games)", "Wookiee For Christmas"
C5 - "1 Minute Musicals: Lightbulb", "ARTPOP", "Bollywood Jingle Bells", "Boy Band Medley", "Chandelier", "Don’t", "Elvira", "Feel This Moment", "Locked Out Of Heaven / Love Lockdown", “Pizza Party”, “Rude / Summer / Turn Down for What (ACA TOP 10 Summer Hits 2014)”, "Silent Night", "The King Has Returned", "White Christmas"
B4 - "1 Minute Musicals: Stuck in Traffic", "ACA-Disney", “Can’t Feel My Face / Honey I’m Good / Time of Our Lives (ACA TOP 10 - Summer Hits 2015)”, "Cheerleader", "Don't Stop Believing", "Eye of the Tiger", "Funky Music", "Here Comes Santa Claus", "The First Noel", “Titanium”
B♭4 - "ACA Top 10 Bro Country", "Alley", "Bye, Bye, Bye!", "Friend Like Me", "Holiday Road", "Locked Out Of Heaven / Love Lockdown", "Santa and I Know It", “VoicePlay Promotional Video For 2012", "Zombies vs. Hillbillies - Survivor"
A4 - "Beauty and the Beast Medley", "Be Our Guest", "Daddy Sang Bass", "Get Lucky", "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "Phantom of the Opera", "Suit & Tie", "The First Noel", "VoicePlay Promotional Video For 2012"
G♯4 - "ACA TOP 10 Broadway Outro", "A Crimpella", "Bye, Bye, Bye!", "Stay With Me", "The King Has Returned"

Significant Low Notes:
F3 - "ARTPOP", "Boy Band Medley", "Locked Out Of Heaven / Love Lockdown", "Holiday Road (Live)", "Silent Night", "VoicePlay Promotional Video For 2012"
E3 - "1 Minute Musicals: Miley Cyrus", "Be Our Guest", "Once Upon a Dream"
E♭3 - "1 Minute Musicals: Miley Cyrus", "ACA Top 10 Bro Country Intro", "Fancy (ACA TOP 10 Summer Hits 2014)", "Everywhere You Look (Fuller House Theme)", "My Shot (Hamilton)"
D3 - "ACA Disney", "Phantom of the Opera", "The Death of a Bachelor"
C♯3 - "ACA TOP 10 Old School RAP", "Elvira", "The Book of Mormon (ACA TOP 10 Broadway)"
C3 - "A Crimpella"
B2 - "ACA TOP 10 Old School RAP"
G♯2 - "Elvira"
C♯2 - "Elvira"

Underlines mark notes that are in backing vocals or otherwise obscured.
Italics mark non-sung notes.

Feel free to leave a reply if there's another relevant note sung/reached by him that went unnoticed by my radar.

Last edited by WLord1310 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
WLord1310

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxNgdjaGfENkh0TFfLl0QA

Back to top Go down

Re: Earl Elkins, Jr.

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:01 pm

nice voice, but his vois type should be changed to fat lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Why is there a strikethrough on the C#2?
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:33 pm

The Long Shot wrote:Why is there a strikethrough on the C#2?
maybe he meant underline?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WLord1310 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:19 pm

It's just a joke, since Earl tried to hit a C#2 but Geoff helped him at the end.
The first time I watched it i thought he really did that note lol
WLord1310

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxNgdjaGfENkh0TFfLl0QA

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:26 pm

WLord1310 wrote:
It's just a joke, since Earl tried to hit a C#2 but Geoff helped him at the end.
well sorry to inform you, but TRP has a zero tolerance policy in regards to fun Naughty
FUCKING CHILDISH
just kidding, i'm glad someone else on here likes to add stupid little jokes in their threads lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicGeekSquad on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:00 am

Woooo I glad I finally found the thread. I was about to make one
MusicGeekSquad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misukiy Lambertson on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:40 am

Princesszolli Demi wrote:
WLord1310 wrote:
well sorry to inform you, but TRP has a zero tolerance policy in regards to fun Naughty
FUCKING CHILDISH
just kidding, i'm glad someone else on here likes to add stupid little jokes in their threads lol

Oh yes, because when someone else does it, it's fun and quirky.

But when I do it, it's lame and unfunny.
Misukiy Lambertson

Location : Somewhere jerking myself off with my massive vocal range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:53 am

Albino Slug wrote:
Princesszolli Demi wrote:
WLord1310 wrote:
FUCKING CHILDISH

Oh yes, because when someone else does it, it's fun and quirky.

But when I do it, it's lame and unfunny.
i just to take the piss out of you. you know i love you calvin Cheeky
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top