Voice Type: Bass
Vocal Range: E1-F♯3

Significant High Notes:

F♯3: "A Mighty Fortress is Our God", "Under Control"
F3: "I Want to Walk Every Day with My Lord", "I'm Not What I Was"
E3: "Since Jesus Touched Me", "Under Control"
E♭3: "How Deep is the Water", "What a Great Lifestyle", "What a Happy Time"

Significant Low Notes:

C2: "Count Your Blessings", "The Gospel Truth", "I'll Have a New Life", "There Rose a Lamb", "We Shall See Heaven Someday", "When He Reached Down His Hand"
B1: "Cool Drink of Water", "The First Noel", "Have You Been Born Again?", "How Deep is the Water", "I'm Gonna Move", "A Mighty Fortress is Our God", "Shoutin' Ground"
B♭1: "God's Got Other Plans for You", "Good Good News", "Holly Jolly Christmas", "I Go to the Rock", "I Want to Walk Every Day with My Lord", "I'll Have a New Life", "If God Be For Us", "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", "Keep Me On the Wheel", "Livin' Forgiven", "Medley: Acappella Gold", "My Child Enter", "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus", "O Come Let Us Adore Him", "Pray", "Rainbow of Love", "Somebody Sing Me a Gospel Song", "When We Sing Around the Throne Eternal", "Won't It Be Wonderful There"
A1: "Carried Away", "Drink From the Well", "Get Up, Get Ready", "He Said!", "Heaven's Jubilee", "He's Everywhere I Go", "It's Just Another Red Sea", "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus", "Oh What a Day", "'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus", "What a Great Lifestyle"
G♯1: "Are You Ready", "Calvary's Hill", "Christmas All Year Long", "First Class", "The First Noel", "Gonna Take It and Leave It", "Have You Been Born Again?", "Hello in Heaven", "Holly Jolly Christmas", "I'm Not What I Was", "It's Been Worth It All", "No One Ever Cared for Me", "On Victory Road", "Shine Through Me", "Signed, Sealed and Delivered", "That's What I Am", "What a Happy Time", "When He Blessed My Soul", "When I Stand In the Presence", "Without the Lord"
G1: "Angels From the Realms of Glory", "Carol of the Bells", "God's Building a Church", "He'll Never Let Go of My Hand", "I'll Have a New Life", "I'm Not Giving Up", "It's Not in Vain", "Rainbow of Love", "Show Me the Cross", "When He Calls, I'll Fly Away"
F♯1: "Under Control", "What a Glad Day"
F1: "I Want to Walk Every Day with My Lord", "I'm Saved", "That Little Baby"
E1: "Everyday (Live @ NQC 2009)"

*Italics mark non-sung notes.
*Underlines mark notes found in backing vocals/harmonies.

One of the most iconic Southern Gospel basses of all-time, known for his lengthy work with the band Gold City. Considered by many to be the greatest bass singer in the history of the genre, as he possesses unbelievable resonance and power well into the first octave. Specifically, his G1's should be considered the definitive examples of how the note is produced, as they are unequaled by any other bass singer outside of Russian oktavists.

If you have any other notes that I need to be aware of, don't hesitate to reply!

Last edited by The Long Shot on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Riley

Post  ChillShaman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 am

The Long Shot wrote:

E3: "Since Jesus Touched Me"

These people never learn...
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IKnowNothing on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:06 am

Tim Riley, another bass I like! All these great basses popping up, where can I make a suggestion for a few others?

1. Are you sure C2 is the lowest note in 'When He Reached Down His Hand'?
2. A suggestion:

IKnowNothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 am

that wondeful time when a singer's significant highs start at fucking eb3 rofl seriously, how does a voice be that grounded lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top