Voice Type: Bass
Vocal Range: E♭1-A4

Significant High Notes:

A4: "Moving Up to Gloryland (Live Gaither)"
G4: "Who Can Do Anything (Intro)"
G♯3: "Feelin' Mighty Fine"
G3: "Child of the King"
F♯3: "Set Me On the Rock, Joshua"
F3: "Child of the King", "Feelin' Mighty Fine", "Hide Me, Rock of Ages", "I Enjoy the Trip", "I've Never Been Sorry", "Journey's End", "The Love of the Lord"
E♭3: "Heading for Gloryland", "No News is Good News"
D3: "I'm Bound for the Promised Land"

Significant Low Notes:

C2: "Child of the King", "Joy to the World", "We Three Kings"
B1: "I've Been With Jesus", "I've Found a Hiding Place", "The Love of the Lord"
B♭1: "All in God's Own Time", "Hide Me, Rock of Ages", "I Enjoy the Trip", "I'm Going Up (When I Die)", "I've Been With Jesus", "It's Really Surprising (What the Lord Can Do)", "Keep on the Firing Line", "An Old Convention Song", "Rainbow of Love", "Step Into the Water", "Where the Roses Never Fade"
A1: "Dig a Little Deeper", "Heavenly Parade", "He is the Dearest Friend", "Hold Me", "No News is Good News", "Saved by Grace"
G♯1: "At the Name of Jesus", "Can He, Could He, Would He", "Farther Along", "The Gathering Medley", "Go Right Out", "He Made a Change", "Hide Me, Rock of Ages", "I'm Bound for the Promised Land", "I'm Still Drinking Water From the Well", "I've Never Been Sorry", "Inward Man", "Master Builder", "Movin' Up to Gloryland", "Raise the Roof", "The Rocks Shall Not Cry Out", "Set Me On the Rock, Joshua", "Step Into the Water", "Thanks to Him", "When We Sing Around the Throne Eternal", "Where the Roses Never Fade"
G1: "Angels We Have Heard on High", "Echoes From the Burning Bush", "Give the World a Smile", "He is the Dearest Friend", "I'm Telling the World About His Love", "In the Depths of the Sea", "Into His Presence", "Keep Moving Along", "Oh Happy Day", "Water", "Won't It Be Wonderful There"
F♯1: "Back to Bethel", "Come On and Ride This Train", "Heading for Gloryland", "Hide Me, Rock of Ages", "I've Found a Hiding Place", "Joy to the World", "Just a Little Talk With Jesus"
F1: "Feelin' Mighty Fine"
E1: "The Love of the Lord"
E♭1: "I'm Going Up (When I Die)"

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
*Underlines mark notes found in backing vocals/harmonies.

Long-time bass singer for the Cathedrals, considered to be one of the 2-3 best gospel basses of all-time. Known for his incredible resonance in the first octave, hitting notes in the G1-A1 area with effortless ease.

If you have any other notes that I need to be aware of, don't hesitate to reply!

Last edited by The Long Shot on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: George Younce

Post  IKnowNothing on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Can I just say I'm so glad you've made a thread for him (I think I looked before but couldn't find him). One of my favourite basses. Smile

High note (probably falsetto though): https://youtu.be/XNKTk_8W3qo?t=1m50s (Moving Up to Gloryland)

IKnowNothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IKnowNothing on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:48 am

I had a little listen to the one he hit an Eb1 on.

https://youtu.be/JxHRJ6_r8pE?t=2m48s

Towards the end of the song (see above timestamp) George hits a relatively (for a bass singer at least) high note when singing "going up".

Also, 'Go Jonah'.
In the live version below, he does an oom papa mow mow (from Elvira lol). Also other lows throughout.

https://youtu.be/y3HVFKzjB6M?t=3m30s

IKnowNothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WLord1310 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:35 am

C2 at the end of "The Unclouded Day".

WLord1310

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxNgdjaGfENkh0TFfLl0QA

Back to top Go down

Post  Knope2016 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:49 am