Robbie Williams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robbie Williams

Post  Baronessa on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:22 am

EDIT: MASSIVELY OUTDATED INFORMATION! SEE NEW THREAD HERE!

Voice type: Sings Both Ways
Melodic Range: F2 - G5
Total range: F2 - D6

Significant high notes:

• D6 ("Minnie The Moocher")
  • A5 ("Medley" from The Full Monty)
  • G5 ("Shine My Shoes")
  • F♯5/G♭5 ("I Wanna Be Like You", "Kids" live at Knebworth)
  • F5 ("Rock DJ" live in Leeds, "She's The One", "Suspicious Minds" Later with Jools Holland)
  • E5 ("Dickhead", "She Makes Me High")
  • D♯5/E♭5 ("Ego A Go Go", "Hunting For You", "Rock DJ" Progress live 2011, "Teenage Millionaire")
  • D5 ("Killing Me", "A Place To Crash", "Revolution", "She's The One", "Tripping", "We Will Rock You" live at Knebworth)
  • C♯5/D♭5 ("I Will Talk And Hollywood Will Listen" Live at the Royal Albert Hall, "Knutsford City Limits", "Millenium")
  • C5 ("Advertising Space", "Karaoke Star", "Let Me Entertain You", "Love Cheat" Demo version, "Medley" from The Full Monty, "The Pilot", "Please Don't Die", "Please Please", "Sexed Up" Demo, "She's Madonna", "Tripping", "United", "Vocal Impromptu" Progress live 2011, "We Are The Champions")
  • B4 ("Angels", "Everything Changes", "Forever Texas", "Cheap Love Song", "Chemical Devotion", "Come Take Me Over", "Come Undone", "Come Undone" live from London, "Cursed", "Different", "H.E.S.", "Heaven From Here", "Hunting For You", "Into The Silence", "John's Gay", "Karaoke Overkill", "Karma Killer", "Kids", "Life Thru A Lens" live in Holland 1998, "Love Calling Earth", "Love Cheat" Demo version, "Monsoon" live at Knebworth, "Never Forget" on X Factor 2010, "Not Like The Others", "Our Love", "A Place To Crash", "Revolution", "Rome Munich Rome" Demo version, "Sexed Up", "Talk To Me", "You're History", "Your Gay Friend")
  • A♯4/B♭4 ("Are You Gonna Go My Way", "Better Man", "Cheap Love Song", "The Cure", "Don't Say No", "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye", "Feel", "Handsome Man", "Happy Song", "Heart And I", "I Wanna Be Like You", "Knutsford City Limits", "Let Love Be Your Energy", "Let Me Entertain You" Progress live 2011, "Love Calling Earth", "Lovelight", "Me And My Shadow", "Millenium", "Mr. Bojangles" live at Knebworth, "She's Madonna", "She's The One", "Song 3", "Spread Your Wings", "Strong", "Supreme" live on Italian TV, "We Are The Champions")
  • A4 ("Angels" Progress live 2011, "Appliance Of Science", "Average B Side", "Better Days", "Big Beef", "Bodies", "Come Take Me Over", "Deceiving Is Believing", "Feel", "Freedom", "Ghosts", "Gospel", "H.E.S.", "Happy Easter (War Is Coming)", "Heaven From Here", "I Found Heaven", "I Will Talk And Hollywood Will Listen", "Into The Silence", "John's Gay", "Karaoke Overkill", "Karaoke Star", "Karma Killer", "Kill Me Or Cure Me", "King Of Bloke & Bird", "Lazy Days", "Losers", "Love Somebody", "Mack The Knife", "Man Machine", "Minnie The Moocher", "Monsoon", "Mr. Bojangles", "National Treasure", "Never Forget" on X Factor 2010, "Old Before I Die", "Our Love", "A Place To Crash", "The Promise" Demo, "Random Acts Of Kindness", "Rock DJ", "Rome Munich Rome" Demo version, "Ser Mejor", "Sexed Up", "Shine My Shoes", "Shit On The Radio", "Sin Sin Sin", "Singing For The Lonely", "Spread Your Wings", "Soda Pop", "South Of The Border", "Superblind", "Talk To Me", "There She Goes" live 2005, "Underground Machine", "United", "Vocal Impromptu" Progress live 2011, "Won't Do That", "You're History")

Significant low notes:

• C3 ("The 80's", "Advertising Space", "Ain't That A Kick In The Head", "Back For Good" live 1997, "Be A Boy", "By All Means Necessary", "Do Nothing 'Til You Hear From Me", "Eternity", "Karaoke Star", "King Of Bloke & Bird", "Lazy Days", "Let's Face the Music and Dance", "Little Green Apples", "Me And My Monkey", "Medley" from The Full Monty, "One Fine Day", "Puttin' On The Ritz", "The Road To Mandalay", "Shine My Shoes", "Strong", "We're The Pet Shop Boys", "You Know Me")
  • B2 ("16 Tons", "Angels", "Bag Full Of Silly", "Beyond The Sea", "Blasphemy", "Chemical Devotion", "Come Undone" live at Knebworth, "Deceptacon", "Difficult For Weirdos", "Don't Stop Talking", "Everything Changes", "Falling In Bed (Again)", "The Flood" "Greenlight", "Handsome Man", "Love Is You", "Mess Me Up", "Minnie The Moocher", "Nan's Song", "No One Likes A Fat Pop Star", "On My Own" Demo, "A Place To Crash", "The Postcard", "Revolution", "Starstruck", "United")
  • A♯2/B♭2 ("The 90's", "Bongo Bong", "The Cure", "Difficult For Weirdos", "If I Only Had A Brain", "Knutsford City Limits", "Last Days Of Disco", "My Way", "No Regrets", "Rudebox", "Shame", "Spread Your Wings", "Starstruck" live from London, "Well Did You Evah")
  • A2 ("All That I Want", "Appliance Of Science", "Be A Boy", "Bongo Bong", "Bully", "Don't Say No", "Feel", "Happy Now", "Hey Wow Yeah Yeah", "I Tried Love", "Into The Silence", "Karma Killer", "Keep On", "Life Thru A Lens" live in Holland 1998, "Louise", "Misunderstood", "The Promise" Demo, "Sin Sin Sin", "Soul Transmission", "Superblind", "These Dreams", "The Trouble With Me", "Well Did You Evah")
  • G♯2/A♭2 ("The Actor", "Burslem Normals", "National Treasure", "Surrender", "Well Did You Evah")
  • G2 ("(I Feel It But) I Can't Explain", "The Last Days Of Disco", "Never Touch That Switch", "One For My Baby", "Raver")
  • F♯2/G♭2 ("All Climb On", "Dream A Little Dream")
  • F2 ("Never Touch That Switch", "The Pilot")

*Italics mark non-melodic notes.
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.

Last edited by Interstellar on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:50 am; edited 12 times in total
Baronessa

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/jamppismk

Back to top Go down

Re: Robbie Williams

Post  CracK on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am

timestamp for the E2 & F2 :0?

btw some nice C5s here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlvz8I57vRc
Is it in the original key though?
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 am

0:56

how'd you not pick that up
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:03 pm

Not absolutely certain if it's Robbie, though, since his low approach has never been anything like that until supposedly now.

The lower 'harmony' at 0:46 - 0:51 is supposed to bottom at E2. My low pitching is complete ass, though, so I'd love a second opinion.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:30 pm

I hear something buried in the A2 area. the whole pitchness of this song is pretty annoying and tricky considering the vocals don't sound like perfect pitch and half of it is whispery and blurry and not to mention the scale that is fucking weird and not uniform. but I think on 0:40 he goes G#2-F2; listen up cause it's a red light. so I'd go with F2 as the lowest yeah. I think there's another F2 in the backing on 1:58
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baronessa on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:35 pm

F2 would be more relevant to composition of the song, so yeah, we'll go with that.
Baronessa

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:11 am

some great chesty A4s here, pretty good and underrated song

CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:29 pm

Good to see this thread getting a re-vamp Thumb up Robbie's one of the best voices of the 90's boyband era, and one who has managed to make a pretty diverse and long-lasting solo career. Growing up British in the last 20 years could almost be condensed down to the chorus of "Angels" and watching "Robot Wars" on a Friday night.
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top