Fetty Mercury's Singing thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fetty Mercury's Singing thread

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:41 am

Here's more RUSH! This showcases my higher range.

Tom Sawyer

Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

View user profile http://Eggcouncilmusicreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:59 am

Good news, your best one yet! You're less pitchy which is good. Scooping up to the notes is still kind of a problem, as is your pronunciation. Whereabouts are you from? It still sounds like you're trying and failing to be Geddy, just be yourself! I get that you're young, and you haven't found your voice yet, but just sing how it feels comfortable to do so.

I'm guessing that you didn't take my advice on recording and then not listening or uploading it for a few days?
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks for the complements!
I upload them the day of. What I do is that I record, listen to make sure it's good, and upload.
I'm not really trying to sing like Geddy, really.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 am

Yep, that's the problem, you need to listen with a fresh pair of ears. Honestly, take two days without listening at all and then decided if it's good enough.
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:40 am

I don't see why. I already do only upload covers if their good enough, if I miss a note or two I re-record, I listen after to make sure there were no significant cracks, etc.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:22 am

Yet another Rush cover! Also showcased my high C5-D5 range, as well as my more mixed voice technique.

Circumstances

Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:49 am

Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aníbal on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:10 am

Fetty Mercury wrote:Two more covers!
Fat Bottomed Girls
A Passage To Bangkok

Fat Bottomed Girls is one of my favorite songs of queen but honestly I didn't like it Sad
You need to work a lot bro.
Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 am

Sad

Why not?
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Two covers I made yesterday:
I Want To Break Free
Don't Stop Believin'

The main problems with these covers are clipping, for future ones i'll lower the recording volume.

What do you think? I tried to sing well.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 am

In case any of y'all are wondering my full voice limit, here's my top note:
Trill to G5
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:27 am

I honestly don't think you're a bad singer. You have potential, especially once you've gone through puberty and hopefully gotten a richer and warmer voice. But honestly, you need to work on how you approach notes. As it is, you yell through pretty much every cover I've heard.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 am

Not sure if you're the worst singer ever or the greatest troll ever.

Perhaps both.

You never listen to any advice, but who am I to judge the mighty 14 years old queenfan.

Your issue isn't with singing right now, but more of a kanye west self-centered righteousness situation where you post on a forum yet deny all feedback that's given to you.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:58 am

Fetty, range doesn't matter, yes you can go to G5 in full voice, but it doesn't matter in your case. Work on your tone man, focus on your mid range, improve your tone. You are not supposed to "hit" notes, you are suppose to sing them. This isn't just a vocabulary difference.

As some already said it to you, you have a lot of potential, but without any serious work from you, it's a waste. You need to change the way you think. I understand you are young, it will come in time.

Jack-OF-Blades

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmzt22EmvsXEyyManBVqAg

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:23 am

This argument again...

I don't deny the feedback that you give, I take it into account. I'll work on making my approach less shouty.

And I don't think of myself as being like Freddie Mercury-god levels, more like decent-good, but nothing spectacular.

Tone is hard to work on, I do agree that my voice sounds "childish" but I don't want to artificially change my tone.

I know that range isn't all that matters. I've been working on making my highs have more substance, for example.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:29 am

Your response is the equivalent of a teenager responding to everything their parents tell them with, "I know, I know" without actually doing anything about changing their behavior or even having the desire to change it. It's not a responsive attitude, it's a dismissive attitude. Don't tell us you understand, show us that you understand in the results of your singing/covers. You certainly haven't done it so far.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack-OF-Blades on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 am

Fetty Mercury wrote:This argument again...

I don't deny the feedback that you give, I take it into account. I'll work on making my approach less shouty.

And I don't think of myself as being like Freddie Mercury-god levels, more like decent-good, but nothing spectacular.

Tone is hard to work on, I do agree that my voice sounds "childish" but I don't want to artificially change my tone.

I know that range isn't all that matters. I've been working on making my highs have more substance, for example.

It's not about your voice sounding childlish. Children and teenagers can have a beautiful childlish voice, that's not the problem.
And it's not about artificially changing your tone, it's about develloping your natural tone. And you should not work that much on your high when you mid range isn't even decent in tonal quality.

And right now, you aren't a good singer, that's the truth, and that's okay, I've been here, and I'm still need to work myself. Singing is like any instrument, you have to understand that you'll never master it, you'll always have to improve.
I have a bassist friend who sang for fun in his room or his car when he wasd alone for years, and recently I listened to him singing. He has a beautiful tone because that's the thing he focused the most on ( and he wasn't even that serious, he was just singing for fun). Sure he can't go up to a G5, and he isn't even "officialy" a singer, but his voice sounds really nice ( without any artifice or unatural change to his voice) and THAT is what matter.

And I'm not trying to bash you, I want to help you, because I was like you when I was a teenager ( about my singing), and I was wrong. And you are wrong too.

Also can I request you to sing that song :
Jack-OF-Blades

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfmzt22EmvsXEyyManBVqAg

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Fetty Mercury wrote:And I don't think of myself as being like Freddie Mercury-god levels, more like decent-good, but nothing spectacular.
I really didn't want to get involved in all this for obvious reasons, but, I just first need you to understand that not only are you not Freddie Mercury-god tier, you're not decent/good either. You're bad. You're very bad. There is nearly nothing pleasant about your voice as it is right now. Now, I'm not saying this to instigate or to hurt, but I just need you to understand you're bad. I believe this is the first problem. But, do understand that this is coming from someone who wasn't born a singer either. I started as a singer with pretty much an octave of range and no concept of singing at all. I realized my mistakes at around your age, which is when I began to improve.

I don't know if it's worth it to even bother trying to help you because I don't know if you're even dedicated enough to bother reading this, but if it truly seems you don't understand why people are dissing you, I'll shoot.

Before you can even attempt to sing, you first need to realize you can't even sing a note properly. Before trying to use 4 octaves of range, or 3 octaves of range, or 2 octaves of range, an octave, or even a few notes, you have to be able to just hit one note, in pure, unadulterated, unstrained, unmodified chest voice. Just play an A3 (I assume that should be a comfortable note for you) and just match that note perfectly. Practice this for a month. Just hitting one note, over and over. Just practice singing this note steadily and cleanly, with different styles, timbres, and tonal qualities. Learn how to manipulate your voice in the simplest way possible. After you understand how to truly sing a note with resonance, chiaroscuro balancing, vibrato, and just general Belcanto standards, move on. Practice intervals. Just practice singing a minor third, over and over, until you really get it. Practice just singing half-step intervals. Here's a great video on memorizing intervals.

Stop worrying about your range for a few years. Because right now, you don't have a lot to offer anyone. Your voice cracks constantly. You can't sing on pitch. You shout your "upper range." You hardly even have distinguishable registers because they're all so red and poorly done. Do you think you could keep up with Tom Jones here. Do you think you can sound anywhere as good as him in just one octave?

Note, this process should take at least a year or two. Just learning how to sing one note properly can take up to a year. This isn't something that happens overnight. There are plenty singers who are born with immense talent with incredible understandings of pitch and melody, yet a lot of them blow out their voice just because they never took the time to learn how to sing. M. Shadows, Rob Halford, Serj Tankian, and even Freddie Mercury. And then there are singers such as Tom Jones who truly understand their voice and not only just sing well for a decade, but master their voice for lifetimes with unparalleled range control and mastery.

I'm not insulting you. I'm trying to illustrate to you areas where you can genuinely improve. Because you keep thinking we're spewing the same thing, yet you are heeding none of it. Stop posting squealed G5's and just take some time to yourself to just sing scales. Post yourself singing some practices. I don't know what you want us to tell you. If you don't care about singing right and just want to post rangewanking, it's your prerogative. But we will just stop caring and stop responding. Not much more to say. If you enjoy singing, learn to sing.

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Clap
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebsedd on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:46 am

Thank you for that beautiful comment, glds.

Also, qf. I think you would really benefit from getting some lessons, or attending to classes with a singing teacher of some sort. People in vocal-based forums like these often overlook this option. Hopefully he/she/xe'll(?) give you some direct feedback as you progress and provide you the correct type of excercises to do to help your voice and your singing grow.

Cheers fam
Rebsedd
Memelord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 am

Thanks for the advice. Today i'll post myself singing scales. I'll start with a C3-C4 scale and work my way up from there.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:21 am

Here's a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody i made on the 9th.
Bohemian Rhapsody

For this cover, I experimented with using more vibrato. I also don't think it sounded too shouty compared to other covers.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetty Mercury on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:24 am

Also, Vocal scales.

I did C, D, E, F, G, A, B (Turned out to be Bb, I can't do a B scale well) and C again.
Fetty Mercury
He's just a boy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:44 am

Why does this remind me of some over-confident X-Factor/American Idol auditionee? Popcorn
Setzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Okay, you need to learn how to implement the style of the original song. Freddie isn't yelling through the whole song; he actually sings pretty softly through most of it until the climax of the verses and the end of the song.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top