Justin Bonitz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Justin Bonitz

Post  Avantiny on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:10 am

PAGE IS IN PROGRESS

Voice Type: Hungry Tenor
Total Range: B1 - C7
Sung Range: G2 - F5
Summary: Justin Bonitz is most known from his channel Hungry Lights and his secondary channels Hungry Shadows, Demos and Covers. Justin was formerly known as Amnaeon which was his bands name that later turned into a solo project.

High Notes:
C7 ("Ghost Feet")
B6 ("Trespasser", "Mystery Metal Hypeman")
B♭6 ("Wither")
A5 ("Forthcrah")
G5 ("Sugar", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
F5("Forthcrah", "This Is The Time")
E5 ("The Nimlocks", The Fox)
E♭5 ("Ghost Feet", "Nothing More")
D5 ("A Drunken Stalemate", "The Nimlocks", "Wither", "Trespasser", "This Is Halloween", "This Is The Time", "The Epic Way of Dying")
C♯5 ("Dance of the Manatee", "The Outsider")
C5 ("Prite & Promise", "This Is The Time", "The Epic Way of Dying", "Over My Head", "The Outsider", "2Step Syndrome", "Ex's And Oh's", "Bodies")
B4 ("The Fence", "In The Eyes of a Sword", "Trespasser", "This is Halloween", "Bye Bye Bye", "Over My Head")
B♭4 ("Prite & Promise", "A Drunken Stalemate", "Fothcrah", "This is Halloween", "So Cold", "I Stand Alone", "Blood Red White & Blue", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
A4 ("The Fence", "The Nimloks", "In The Eyes of A Sword", "Skyline", "A Cunning Disguise" 2010 Demo, "This Is The Time", "The Epic Way of Dying", "Over My Head", "The Outsider", "2step Syndrome", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
G♯4 ("Bye Bye Bye", "So Cold", "Ex's And Oh's")
G4 ("Umber Tower", "The Awry Ascent", "You're On Your Own", "Justine", "Trespasser", "When You Realize", "A Cunning Disguise" 2010 Demo, "The Final Episode", "The End of Heartache", "The Epic Way of Dying", "So Cold", "I Stand Alone", "Ex's And Oh's", "Bodies", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
F♯4 ("The Ticket Out", "Alone", "Bye Bye Bye", "Down With The Sickness", "A Place For My Head", "Blood Red White & Blue")
F4 ("An Outset In The Sea", "The Fence", "A Drunken Stalemate", "Umber Tower", "The Awry Ascent", "Fothcrah", "Maybe Never", "Skyline", "The Final Episode", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")

Low Notes:
F3 ("Ghost Feet", "I Am The Forest")
E3 ("The Fence", "I Am The Forest", "The Default Illusion" 2010 Demo, The Outsider,  "Ex's And Oh's")
E♭3 ("Ghost Feet", "The Ticket Out", "Dance of the Manatee")
D3 ("An Outset In The Sea", "A Drunken Stalemate", "Wither", "You're On Your Own, "Maybe Never", "Skyline", "When You Realize", "The Pull", "Alone", "A Cunning Disguise" 2010 Demo,  "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
C♯3 ("The Ticket Out", "Live Happy, Live With Anorexia")
C3 ("An Outset In The Sea", "The Fence", "A Drunken Stalemate", "The Nimloks", "Skyline", "The Pull", "A Cunning Disguise" 2010 Demo)
B2 ("The Awry Ascent", "In The Eyes of a Sword", "Trespasser")
B♭2 ("I Stand Alone")
A2 ("Umber Tower", "The Nimloks", "The Awry Ascent", "In The Eyes Of A Sword", "You're On Your Own", "Trespasser", "I Stand Alone")
G2 ("Umber Tower", "This is Halloween", "Down With The Sickness")
E♭2 ("Down With The Sickness")
C2 ("Bodies")
B1 ("Bodies")

Blue marks probable non-modal notes (whistle, falsetto, fry and firebreathing growls)
Green marks harsh, distorted notes
Underline marks background notes
Note: Justin gets very raspy in his highs so what one person can consider chest, other can consider scream

Last edited by Avantiny on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 15 times in total
Avantiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Bonitz

Post  Shikkaku on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:55 am

I saw that "Vocal Contest Winner" video sometime ago (because somebody sent it to me asking the pitch of the whistle) and just checked "Wither". FUCK, this guy really is pouring himself onto his performing. Didn't found the A6 you mentioned but HELL I'm deeply moved, even disturbed, he has such an unique voice and isn't afraid to explore what he has.

Can't help but notice he has what appear to be self-harm scars on his arms though Sad
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:23 am

He does a pretty decent marilyn manson impersonation lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:53 am

His voice kinda reminds me of you Demi Razz Light, highish "whiny" tone and some seriously violent harsh vocals.

Hey Avantiny could you put a list of what albums you notewatched so far? This guy already has a pretty big discography, I'm really interested in listening more music from him and I could help.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avantiny on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:24 pm

https://youtu.be/pGhaQWn3YZA?t=1h46s In 6 seconds there is a background scream. I asked Justin about his highest notes and he told this is around A6 so I wrote it down. It actually peaks at B ♭ 6 though :O

I've just notewatched The Awry Ascent, Mt. Garbage and Ghost Feet. Feel Free to help me with this. Right after I started this thread I went on vacation and didn't have time go through everything...however I will go through all the albums soon Smile
Avantiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:19 am

I hear it as 5th octave. And since it's a backing vocal note, it's a custom here to mark those with underlines.

And I'd personally italicize the non-sung notes, but it's okay if you don't want to do it.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 am

I thought this dude was totally tormented but hell, he's such a wacky person Very Happy This kargyraa-esque distortion he does is SO weird  Freak There's backing vocal B6s (such as 0:31) looped through the song, those weirdly distorted B4s (0:38), some cleaner G4s (1:36) and backing vocal D5s (0:46), an A2 or more on the countryvois breakdown (2:47). And some sung-growled B2s as well if you want to count it (1:08). I didn't bothered with the rap part.

PS: I will be sending you stuff via PM to not flood the thread with notes Wink
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avantiny on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:56 am

I will be very thankful for that.  I'm progressing extremely slowly with my note watching since I'm writing an album for my band lately... Any help with this thread will be appreciated. Smile
Avantiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:18 am

Wheres the green B1 and C2 comin from? If it's the death growls, those aren't normally counted
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:07 am

I think it depends on the approach of the singer - if we are counting high harsh vocals for some singers I don't know why we would disregard the lower ones. Granted, some singers' approach for harsh vocals aren't as "notewatchable" (some techniques has this "one octave lower" effect due to tongue and jaw positioning, the presence of saliva in the mouth creates those gurgly undertones and overtones, etc.) but it depends a lot of the singer - I dunno if it's Justin's case, but those sounded contable, I'm just unsure about the pitch of them. I'd like to hear somebody else's opinion though.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top