Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phil Collins

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: C2-G5

Significant High Notes:
G5 - "Mama", "Mama" demo
F♯5 - "Hang in Long Enough", "In the Cage" (1978, Live at the Uptown Theater)
E5 - "Do You Know, Do You Care?", "Mama" demo, "I Know What I Like (Live at the Rainbow)"
E♭5 - "One For the Vine", "Who Dunnit", "If Leaving Me Is Easy", "Throwing It All Away"
D5 - "Keep it Dark", "Ballad of Big", “Here Comes the Supernatural Anaesthetist”, "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) [Live]"
C♯5 - "Inside and Out", "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) [Live]", “Here Comes the Supernatural Anaesthetist”, "Throwing It All Away"
C5 – "Eleventh Earl of Mar" , "Misunderstanding (Three Sides Live)",  "Star of Sirius", "Easy Lover", "In The Air Tonight", "I Wish It Would Rain Down on Me", "The End", "Behind the Lines", "The Lady Lies", "Supper's Ready" live 1976, "In the Cage" live, "Abacab", "Man of Our Times", "Feeding the Fire", "Back In NYC" Live in Aylesbury 1980, "In Too Deep"
B4 – "It’s Gonna Get Better", "Cul-De-Sac", "Deep in the Motherlode", "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) [Live]", "Eleventh Earl of Mar", "Inside and Out", "Two Hearts" , "Burn Down the Mission", "Carpet Crawlers (Live)", "Mama", "That's All", "Dance on a Volcano", "Ripples", "Many Too Many", "Undertow", "Supper's Ready" live 1976, "Like it Or Not", "Invisible Touch", "Squonk", "Just a Job to Do", “The Day the Light Went Out”, "Back In NYC" Live in Aylesbury 1980, "The Cinema Show" (Live Seconds Out), "The Fountain of Salmacis (Live)"
B♭4 – “Match of the Day”, “The Day the Light Went Out”, "The Musical Box (Live)", "Man on the Corner", "Two Hearts" , “Sussudio”, "Easy Lover", "Land of Confusion", "I Wish It Would Rain Down on Me", "Invisible Touch", "Hang in Long Enough", "Robbery, Assault and Battery", "Down and Out", "Dreaming While You Sleep", "Tonight Tonight Tonight", "I Can't Dance", "I Don't Care Anymore", "Against All Odds", "Illegal Alien", "Throwing It All Away", "Feeding the Fire", "Me and Virgil", "All In a Mouse's Night", "Do You Know, Do You Care", "I Missed Again", "Don't Lose My Number"
A4 – "I Missed Again", "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) [Live]", “Here Comes the Supernatural Anaesthetist”, "White Mountain (live 1976)", "Misunderstanding (Three Sides Live)", "Deep in the Motherlode", "The Fountain of Salmacis (Live)", "Inside and Out" , “Domino”, "Driving The Last Spike", "You'll Be in My Heart", "Tonight Tonight Tonight", “The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway”, "Down and Out", "Snowbound",  "Vancouver", "Keep it Dark", "Way of the World", "No Son of Mine", "Behind the Lines", "Alone Tonight", "Turn It On Again", "Say It's Alright Joe", "Your Own Special Way", "Entangled", "Home By the Sea", "White Mountain" live 1976, "It’s Gonna Get Better (Live)",  "Just a Job to Do", "Illegal Alien", "Feeding the Fire", "Me and Virgil", "Back In NYC" Live in Aylesbury 1980, "The Cinema Show" (Live Seconds Out), "Afterglow", "Robbery, Assault and Battery", "Please Don't Ask", "Don't Lose My Number", "Cul-De-Sac"

Significant Low Notes:
C♯3 - "A Trick of the Tail", "Domino", "Mad Man Moon", "Robbery, Assault and Battery"
C3 - "Dance on a Volcano", "Burning Rope", "Feeding the Fire", "Open Door", "Vancouver",  "All In a Mouse's Night", "Robbery, Assault and Battery"
B2 - "That's All", "Alone Tonight", "Mama", "Ripples", "No Reply At All", "In the Cage" live, "Keep it Dark", "Tomorrow Never Knows (Outro)", "It's Yourself", "It’s Gonna Get Better"
B♭2 - "One for the Vine",  "All In a Mouse's Night", "One More Night"
A2 - "Another Record", "Your Own Special Way", "The Lady Lies", "In the Air Tonight", "Mama" live, "Alone Tonight"
G2 - "The Carpet Crawlers" live 2007, "Another Record", "The Lady Lies"
F♯2 - "Ripples"
F2 - "Say It's Alright Joe"
C2 - Humming "The Waiting Room" during Interview

*Italics mark non-sung notes.

-thread by KeithMoonIsGod, further research by Virtuoso (and other people..)

Rodney Razorshorts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Phil Collins

Post  Whackooyzero on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:57 am

Cringe , no fair man!

Anyways, he's got B4's in Invisible Touch and Squonk, F#2 in ripples, Bb2 in One for the Vine, A2 in The Carpet Crawlers live, and Bb4 in I Don't Care Anymore amongst others.

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Whackooyzero wrote: Cringe , no fair man!

Anyways, he's got B4's in Invisible Touch and Squonk, F#2 in ripples, Bb2 in One for the Vine, A2 in The Carpet Crawlers live, and Bb4 in I Don't Care Anymore amongst others.
How high does he get in "Ripples"? I remember he gets some lovely high notes during the choruses.

1:15 - A4s?

KeithMoonIsGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Martian5795 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Where's the F#2 in "Ripples"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-SzlN1Gyc&feature=related
1:21:45 Probably growl, but it should be counted towards his overall range, whatever the pitch.
From the "Carpet Crawlers": 2:26:26, 2:27:25 Anything lower than A2?

Martian5795

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whackooyzero on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 pm

F#2 is at 0:38.

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Martian5795 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm

^Thanks!
I think he has a quite light voice for a Low Tenor. But does the lack of highs rule out the possibility of him being a Standard Tenor?

Martian5795

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes, I think his voice is light, but not light enough to be a mid-tenor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Martian5795 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

What do you think about the lows I posted? Anything notable?

Martian5795

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whackooyzero on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

No clue about the growl but yeah that carpet crawlers version gets down to G2.

Whackooyzero
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 am

More Fool Me vocal track: http://picosong.com/wijM

Last edited by Monocus on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Monocus

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  Preacher on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am

T. wrote:Yes, I think his voice is light, but not light enough to be a mid-tenor.

Sometimes he sounds like one but sometimes not....... Laughing

Preacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Martian5795 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xSBtec47o 0:34 G2? Falsetto C5s all over too (such as in 2:51)

Martian5795

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Awesome singing here, his voice fits the song perfectly.

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  olepeppermint on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 am

KeithMoonIsGod wrote:
Whackooyzero wrote: Cringe , no fair man!

How high does he get in "Ripples"? I remember he gets some lovely high notes during the choruses.

1:15 - A4s?

would believe that's a G#4 not an A4

olepeppermint

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 am

That's a G#4 in 'Ripples'.

In 'Taking It All Too Hard' there are some good G#4s as well, and an A4 too. Quite strained, by the way.
But these notes aren't high enough to enter this thread. Sad

That low note in 'In The Cage' live version is actually a B2.

Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top