Rob Brydon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob Brydon

Post  Clem on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Rob Brydon:
Voice Type: Bryn (Lyric) Baritone
Sung Range: D2-F5 (3 Octaves + 3 Semitones)
Total Range: D2-F5 (3 Octaves + 3 Semitones)

Significant High Notes:
F5 ("Katherine Jenkins Impression")
C♯5 ("Jim'll Fix It/Mad World Mashup")
B4 ("Suspicious Minds")
B♭4 ("Don't Stop Me Now", "Singing James Blunt on Gavin and Stacey")
A4 ("Delilah", "So Strong", "Suspicious Minds", "Jim'll Fix It/Mad World Mashup")
G♯4 ("The Bare Necessities")
G4 ("I Wanna Be Like You", "Baby Got Back/Love You Just The Way You Are Mashup")
F♯4 ("Last Christmas")
F4 ("Islands In The Stream", "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr. Hitler?", "Danny Boy")
E4 ("The Bare Necessities", "Always on My Mind", "My Little Stick of Blackpool Rock", "Thunderball")

Significant Low Notes:
C♯3 ("Singing James Blunt on Gavin and Stacey")
C3 ("Islands In The Stream", "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr. Hitler?", "Danny Boy")
B2 ("Singing to Barbara Windsor", "The Bare Necessities", "My Little Stick of Blackpool Rock")
B♭2 ("Baby Got Back/Love You Just The Way You Are Mashup", "Singing With Jersey Boys")
A2 ("So Strong", "Thunderball", "White Christmas")
G2 ("'On the Gas' Scene from Gavin and Stacey")
F♯2 ("Something Stupid", "Jim'll Fix It/Mad World Mashup")
F2 ("Don't Stop Me Now", "Baby Got Back/Love You Just The Way You Are Mashup")
D2 ("Have I Told You Lately" live on Chris Evans Breakfast Show)

Known For Vocals:
As an actor, comedian, voice-over artist, presenter and singer. Rob Brydon continues to perpetuate the stereotype that all Welsh people have an inherent flair for singing. Singing with guests on his own shows, on musical segments of radio programs, such as "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue" as well as charity and variety performances, Rob Brydon has shown great control over his voice with deft use of vibrato and dynamics to a professional-sounding standard. A lyric baritone, he has quite strong and heavy-sounding lows, as well as a very impressive chest belting technique similar to that of Elvis Presley or a young Tom Jones (both of whom Brydon lists amongst his favourite artists and the latter of which is a fellow Welshman, with whom Rob Brydon has performed), reaching A4s really quite effortlessly.

Last edited by Clem on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:10 am; edited 11 times in total
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rob Brydon

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:09 am

Not including the literal range showoff from the trip with Steve Coogan? Definite baritone anyway.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Not including the literal range showoff from the trip with Steve Coogan? Definite baritone anyway.
Haven't notewatched that clip yet, although the premise sounds promising. Certainly his vocal colour and weight is very baritone. But his consistency with live A4s, in pure chest with tons of vibrato and everything really clouds things. That said, Elvis and Tom Jones (in his youth anyway), both of whom Brydon lists as among his favourite artists, had a similar approach to chest belts around A4 and were both lyric baritones. But what does Baritenor even mean any more?
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:50 am

Baritenor is just what people here call singers who can go both high and low tbh.

"Easy E2s AND A4s? Must be a baritenor"

But yeah that clip has sadly been removed from youtube. But the movie has a cover of The Winner Takes It All with some good highs, then a contest to see who can go the lowest or something. I think I remember a B1, but it was probably Steve.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axisundone on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:20 pm

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Not including the literal range showoff from the trip with Steve Coogan? Definite baritone anyway.

I remember notewatching that clip once, if I remember rightly Brydon had B1 - G#4 and Coogan Bb1 - Bb4.
axisundone

View user profile http://www.habuband.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Sounds about right.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content