Frank Skinner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frank Skinner

Post  Clem on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:57 am

Frank Skinner:
Voice Type: Three Lions (Spinto) Tenor
Sung Range: B♭2-A4 (1 Octave + 11 Semitones)
Total Range: B♭2-B5 (3 Octaves + 1 Semitone)

Notable High Notes:
B5 ("Crazy Train")
A4 ("Crazy Train")
G4 ("Bob Dylan Impression", "All of Me", "Three Lions '98")
F♯4 ("Singing With Kylie Minogue")
F4 ("Osama Bin Laden Song", "Last Christmas")
E4 ("When I'm Cleaning Windows")

Notable Low Notes:
D3 ("Three Lions", "Why Don't Women Like Me?", "Singing With Eric Clapton", "Singing With Blue")
C3 ("Osama Bin Laden Song", "I Got You Baby", "My Guy")
B2 ("Bob Dylan Impression", "All Of Me")
B♭2 ("Peace in the Valley")

Known For Vocals:
As a comedian, television presenter and singer. Frank Skinner has been known to incorporate singing into his broadcast career, sometimes closing his chat shows with duets with guests such as Eric Clapton or Kylie Minogue. He has also been known to sing the occasional comedy song, accompanying himself with a banjolele, much in the style of George Formby, whose influence can definitely be heard in Skinner's twangy, light singing voice. But his crowning musical achievement would have to be his song "Three Lions", written and performed with fellow comedian David Baddiel and singer-songwriter Ian Broudie, charting in multiple years and topping the charts in 1996 and again in 1998 when re-released. Despite basically never leaving the confines of his tenor tessitura, and struggling a little at both ends of it, Frank Skinner has a generally querky and interesting voice which, if nothing else, suits his light-hearted comedy antics.

Last edited by Clem on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:11 am; edited 7 times in total
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frank Skinner

Post  Celice on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:32 am

Clem wrote:But his crowning musical achievement would have to be his song "Three Lions", written and performed with fellow comedians David Baddiel and Ian Broudie
Laughing Fair enough - if you do an official football anthem I guess that kind of makes you a comedian Smile
Btw Frank Skinner, despite not being primarily a singer, is one of the few to have had the privilege of singing with The Jordanaires. This occurred during a documentary in which Frank researched the authenticity of Elvis Presley's old shirt which he'd bought at auction. When he talked to the Jordanaires, they asked him to wear the shirt, and when you're standing in front of Elvis's backing singers in Elvis's shirt, it would almost be rude not to sing.
44:00The Jordanaires effortlessly harmonised with his impromptu rendition of Peace in the Valley, then remarked at the end that Frank sang it in a higher key than Elvis.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:03 am

Celice wrote:
Clem wrote:But his crowning musical achievement would have to be his song "Three Lions", written and performed with fellow comedians David Baddiel and Ian Broudie
Laughing Fair enough - if you do an official football anthem I guess that kind of makes you a comedian Smile
Btw Frank Skinner, despite not being primarily a singer, is one of the few to have had the privilege of singing with The Jordanaires. This occurred during a documentary in which Frank researched the authenticity of Elvis Presley's old shirt which he'd bought at auction. When he talked to the Jordanaires, they asked him to wear the shirt, and when you're standing in front of Elvis's backing singers in Elvis's shirt, it would almost be rude not to sing.
44:00The Jordanaires effortlessly harmonised with his impromptu rendition of Peace in the Valley, then remarked at the end that Frank sang it in a higher key than Elvis.

Good find. There's a nice Bb2 from Frank in there, expanding his range a further semitone Smile
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top