View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shiina Ringo

Post  IhateMana on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Voice type: Asymmetrical Contralto
Melodic range: B♭2 - C6
Full range: B♭2 - C♯7

Significant high notes
C♯7: (“Koufukuron (Etsuraku-hen)”)
C7: (“Byoushou Public”, “Identity”, “Koufukuron (Etsuraku-hen)”)
A6: (“Byoushou Public”)
D6: (“Identity”)
C♯6: (“Koufukuron (Etsuraku-hen)”)
C6: (“Sid to Hakuchuumu”)
B5: (“Morphine”)
B♭5: (“Marunouchi Sadistic”)
A5: (“Souretsu”, “Yokyou”)
G♯5: (“Sid to Hakuchuumu”)
G5: (“Gips”, “Honnou”, “Marunouchi Sadistic”, “Ryuukou”, “Tsumi to Batsu”)
F♯5: (“Akane Sasu, Kiro Terasaredo”, “Identity”, “Koko de Kiss Shite”, “Kono Yo no Kagiri”, “Torikoshi Kurou”)
F5: (“Rodosha”, “Yokyou”)
E5: (“Honnou”, “Kabukichou no Joou”, “Kuki”, “Morphine”, “Okonomi de”, “Ryuukou”, “Sakana”, “Shuukyou”, “Souretsu”, “Tsumiki Asobi”)
E♭5: (“0 Chiten kara”, “Gamble”, “Koko de Kiss Shite”, “Marunouchi Sadistic”, “Meisei” Heisei Fuuzoku version, “Odaiji ni”, “Okonomi de”, “Rodosha”, “Tsugou no ii Karada”, “Tsumi to Batsu”, “Yami ni Furu Ame”)
D5: (“Gips”, “Honnou”, “Identity”, “Irokoizata”, “Koufukuron (Etsuraku-hen)”, “Kuki”, “Marunouchi Sadistic (EXPO ver.)”, “Oiran”, “Poltergeist”, “Ryuukou”, “Sid to Hakuchuumu”, “Togatta Teguchi”, “Torikoshi Kurou”, “Tsuki ni Makeinu”, “Tsumi to Batsu”, “Yume no Ato”)
C♯5: (“Akane Sasu, Kiro Terasaredo”, “Doppelganger”, “Gamble”, “Keikoku”, “Kono Yo no Kagiri”, “Kyogen-Shou”, “Mayakashi Yasaotoko”, “Meisai”, “Morphine”, “Okonomi de”, “Onaji Yoru”, “Shun”, “Tadashi Machi”, “Tsugou no ii Karada”, “Yami ni Furu Ame”, “Yattsuke Shigoto”)
C5: (“Byoushou Public”, “Futari-bocchi Jikan”, “Honnou”, “Irokoizata”, “Izon-shou”, “Kono Yo no Kagiri”, “Rodosha”, “Stoicism”, “Tsugou no ii Karada”, “Tsumi to Batsu”, “Yokyou”)
B4: (“Bonsai Hada”, “Identity”, “Ishiki”, “Izon-shou”, “Kabukichou no Joou”, “Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.)”, “Kyogen-Shou”, “Morphine”, “Yokushitsu”, “Yume no Ato”)
B♭4: (“Mittei Monogatari”, “Papaya Mango”, “Yokyou”)

Significant low notes
G3: (“Honnou”, “Ishiki”, “Onaji Yoru”, “Poltergeist”, “Tsumi to Batsu”)
F♯3: (“Akane Sasu, Kiro Terasaredo”, “Kyogen-Shou”, “Souretsu”, “Togatta Teguchi”)
F3: (“Meisai”, “Sid to Hakuchuumu”, “Stoicism”, “Torikoshi Kurou”, “Yokushitsu”)
E3: (“Akane Sasu, Kiro Terasaredo”, “Benkai Debussy”, “Bonsai Hada”, “Rodosha”)
D3: (“Kuki”, “Sakana”, “Shuukyou”, “Tsumi to Batsu”)
C♯3: (“Mayakashi Yasaotoko”, “Meisai”, “Souretsu”)
C3: (“Byoushou Public”)
B2: (“Shuukyou”, “Yokushitsu” Heisei Fuuzoku version)
B♭2: (“Wakaba”)

Italics: non-melodic notes
Underlined: Notes obscured in harmonies or backing vocals

Shiina Ringo (born Yumiko Shiina) is one of Japan's most well recognised and successful female solo artists. She possesses a strong, sexy lower register and a nasal, but powerful upper register.

Last edited by IhateMana on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shiina Ringo

Post  IhateMana on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:18 pm

I've only done about half of her solo stuff so far and haven't even touched Tokyo Jihen, which I will get around to doing. Anyway, this woman needed a thread.
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 am

What do you think are her best performances?
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Probably Gips, Souretsu, Koko de Kiss Shite, Identity and Sid to Hakuchuumu off of the top of my head
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroryouko on Fri May 06, 2016 5:16 am

Hello everyone! I just registered so that I could post here - Shiina Ringo is my favorite vocalist and I just couldn't resist jumping in.

Ringo (as I have come to know and love her) is a complex and somewhat polarizing vocalist. She has had relatively minimal formal vocal training. Live, her voice can be unpredictable from song to song and performance to performance, and many have said that it's a bit of an acquired taste. But nonetheless, her best performances are not in the studio. For virtually every song on her albums, there exists an absolutely breathtaking live that exceeds the studio version in practically every way.

So to make a long story short - if you are looking for her best performances, look to the live shows, rather than the albums or PVs. There are really too many excellent performances to list, but some stand-outs, for me at least, are: "Tsumi to Batsu", "Okonomi de", and "Minato-machi Juusanban-chi" from Electric Mole; "Sid to Hakuchuumu" and "Kuki" from Ringo Expo '08; "Kareha/Torikoshi Kurou" and "Poltergeist" from Baishou Ecstasy; "Dynamite" from Dai Ikkai Ringohan Taikai no Moyou; "Kinjirareta Asobi" from Ringo Expo '14...and the list goes on.

zeroryouko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top