Damon Albarn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damon Albarn

Post  Toast on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Voice Type: Baritone
Vocal Range: A1-G5
Associated Acts: Blur (1988-2003, 2008-present); Gorillaz (1997-present); The Good, the Bad & the Queen (2005-present); Rocket Juice & the Moon (2008-present); Solo (2003, 2011-present); Various film, television, and theater acts

Discography Notewatched:

Blur:
13 (disc 1) (disc 2)
Blur (disc 1) (disc 2)
The Great Escape (disc 1) (disc 2)
Leisure
The Magic Whip
Modern Life Is Rubbish (disc 1) (disc 2)
Parklife (disc 1) (disc 2)
Think Tank (disc 1) (disc 2)
Gorillaz:

D-Sides
Demon Days
The Fall
G-Sides
Gorillaz
Plastic Beach
Solo & Others:
Democrazy
Dr Dee Soundtrack
Everyday Robots
The Good, the Bad & the Queen
Rocket Juice & the Moon

Significant High Notes
G5 ("Swamp Song")
F5 ("Song 2", "Swamp Song")
E5 ("Song 2", "The Swagga")
E♭5 ("M1 A1", "The Swagga")
D5 ("Boys & Girls", "Ghost Train", "Kids With Guns", "Look Inside America", "New Genius (Brother)", "The Sounder")
C♯5 ("19-2000", "Clint Eastwood", "Country House", "Dan Abnormal", "Man Research (Clapper)", "New Genius (Brother)", "Re-Hash", "The Swagga", "Tender", "Time Keeps on Slipping", "Tomorrow Comes Today")
C5 ("Beetlebum", "The Sounder", "Stylo", "Swamp Song")
B4 ("Advert", "Chemical World", "Demon Days", "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead", "Half A Song", "On Melancholy Hill", "We Are Happy Landfill")
B♭4 ("19-2000", "DARE", "Dirty Harry", "New Genius (Brother)", "People", "Swamp Song", "We Are Happy Landfill")
A4 ("Amarillo", "Broken", "Charmless Man", "Beetlebum", "Bill Murray", "Country House", "Ghost Train", "Last Living Souls", "Look Inside America", "Re-Hash", "Slow Country", "Sound Check (Gravity)", "Spitting Out The Demons", "Starshine", "Stop The Dams", "We Are Happy Landfill")
G♯4 ("Coffee & Tv", "End Of Democrazy", "Rhinestone Eyes", "Song 2", "Stylo", "Time Keeps on Slipping")
G4 ("Beetlebum", "Explain", "Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head", "For Tomorrow", "Half A Song", "Hong Kong", "I Miss You", "M1 A1", "Murdoc Is God", "New Genius (Brother)", "November Has Come", "O Green World", "On Melancholy Hill", "The Parish of Space Dust", "Parklife", "Some Kind of Nature", "Sunday Sunday", "Superfast Jellyfish", "Swamp Song")
F♯4 ("12D3", "Chemical World", "Coping", "Country House", "Don't Get Lost In Heaven" Demo, "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead", "Ghost Train", "Half A Song", "I Know", "Inertia", "Plastic Beach", "Shy-town", "Tender", "This Is A Low", "The Universal")
F4 ("Boys & Girls", "Country House", "DARE", "Explain", "Feel Good Inc", "Five Star Life", "HillBilly Man", "Hollow Ponds", "Little Pink Plastic Bags", "People", "Pirate Jet", "Punk", "Song 2", "Stylo", "The Swagga", "We Are Happy Landfill")

Significant Low Notes
C3 ("5/4", "Amarillo", "Broken", "Down", "El Manaña", "Empire Ants", "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead", "Everyday Robots", "Faust", "Last Living Souls", "Mr Tembo", "Out Of Time", "Revolving Doors", "Slow Down", "Sound Check (Gravity)", "Wear Me Down")
B2 ("12D3", "Apple Carts", "Bang", "Blue Jeans", "Broken", "Coping", "Crystalized", "Dracula", "Don't Get Lost In Heaven", "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead", "For Tomorrow", "Gotta Get Down With The Passing Of Time", "HillBilly Man", "Hostiles", "I'm All Over", "The Joplin Spider", "Kids With Guns", "Latin Simone", "Latin Simone (¿Que Pasa Contigo?)", "Lonely Press Play", "Miss America", "Mr Briggs", "On Melancholy Hill", "Photographs (You Are Taking Now)", "Plastic Beach", "Pressure On Julian", "Seasons in the Sun", "Sing", "Starshine", "This Is A Low", "Turn It Up", "Villa Rosie", "White Light")
B♭2 ("Dan Abnormal", "Dirty Harry", "Empire Ants", "Hollow Ponds", "I Miss You", "People", "Pirate Jet", "Resigned", "Rhinestone Eyes", "The Selfish Giant", "Swamp Song", "Wear Me Down")
A2 ("America Welfare Poem", "Bill Murray", "California And The Slipping Of The Sun", "Charmless Man", "Chemical World", "Dan Abnormal", "Down", "El Manaña", "Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head", "Half A Song", "The History Of A Cheating Heart", "Hongkongaton", "I Miss You", "Kids With Guns", "Last Living Souls", "Luminous", "Miss America", "Mr Briggs", "November Has Come", "On Melancholy Hill", "Out Of Time", "Re-Hash", "Sing", "Tender", "The Universal")
G♯2 ("Blue Jeans", "Country House", "Apple Carts", "Hollow Ponds", "Murdoc Is God", "Photographs (You Are Taking Now)", "You & Me")
G2 ("All Alone", "Amarillo", "Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head", "Highway (Under Construction)", "The History Of A Cheating Heart", "Lonely Press Play", "People", "Pressure On Julian", "Re-Hash", "Resigned", "The Selfish Giant", "Sound Check (Gravity)", "The Sounder", "Subspecies Of An American Day")
F♯2 ("12D3", "America Welfare Poem", "Crystalized", "Kids With Guns", "The Parish of Space Dust", "Re-Hash", "Tomorrow Comes Today")
F2 ("El Mañana", "Everyday Robots", "Rockit", "The Selfish Giant", "Some Kind of Nature")
E2 ("A Rappy Song", "Gotta Get Down With The Passing Of Time", "HillBilly Man", "The Joplin Spider", "Kids With Guns", "Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head", "Last Living Souls", "Re-Hash")
E♭2 ("Mr Tembo", "Photographs (You Are Taking Now)", "Rockit", "The Selfish Giant")
D2 ("12D3", "America Welfare Poem", "Aspen Forest", "Kids With Guns", "Last Living Souls")
C♯2 ("Re-Hash")
C2 ("Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head")
B1 ("Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head"?, "State of the Nation")
B♭1 ("Double Bass")
A1 ("Revolving Doors")
*Underlines mark notes found within backing vocals, harmonies, unisons, or are otherwise obscured.
*Italics mark spoken or exclaimed notes.
*Green marks extremely harsh or distorted notes.
*? marks notes that I'm not entirely sure about, and are worth a second opinion.

Old OP by DonutsGalacticos:

Voice Type: Baritone
Sung Range: B1-F5

Significant High Notes:

F5 ("Song 2")
E5 ("M1 A1")
D5 ("Song 2", "Boys & Girls", "New Genious", "The Sounder", "Look Inside America")
C♯5 ("Country House", "Tender", "Tomorrow Comes Today", "Clint Eastwood", "Man Research", "19/2000", "Dan Abnormal")
B♭4 ("We Are Happy Landfill")
A4 ("Charmless Man", "Beetlebum", "Country House", "Look Inside America")
G♯4 ("Coffee & Tv")
G4 ("Parklife", "O Green World", "For Tomorrow", "Sunday Sunday", "Beetlebum")
F♯4 ("Country House", "The Universal", "Tender", "This Is A Low", "Chemical World")
F4 ("Song 2", "Country House", "Boys & Girls", "19-2000")

Significant Low Notes:

B1 ("Re-Hash")
C♯2 ("Re-Hash")
D2 ("Double Bass")
E2 ("Kids With Guns", "Last Living Souls")
F2 ("Rockit", "El Mañana")
F♯2 ("Chemical World", "Kids With Guns")
G2 ("All Alone", "Pressure On Julian", "Re-Hash")
G♯2 ("Country House", "Apple Carts")
A2 ("Charmless Man", "The Universal", "Melancholy Hill", "All Alone", "Tender", "Out Of Time", "Pressure On Julian", "Last Living Souls", "Re-Hash")
B♭2 ("Rhinestone Eyes")
B2 ("This Is A Low", "Apple Carts", "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead")
C3 ("Out Of Time", "5/4")
C♯3 ("Fell Good Inc", "Clint Eastwood", "Chemical World", "Colin Zeal")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Toast on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 27 times in total
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Damon Albarn

Post  The Long Shot on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Nice work; I'm going to go ahead and spoiler the old OP in this one so that you can fill in any notes you may have missed.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey, thanks. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the notes that were listed in the old OP (what I did was I copy and pasted it here and used that as a starting point), but I think it would be good to have it around for reference.

I didn't quite realize how big of a project this would be at first. I have four (possibly five) different band discographies to go through, as well as all of Damon's solo stuff. Yup, I've got a long road ahead of me.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:48 pm

I found a couple of notes if you want them, I'm a huge fan of Damon Albarn

D5's in Country Sad Ballad Man
harmonised C5's in Stylo (the "overload, overload" part, I'm pretty sure it's Damon)
nice G4's in Some Kind of Nature and F2's in the chorus harmonies
There kinda sounds like a hummed G2 in Empire Ants at 1:22
G4 in On Melancholy Hill (the ooooooh part near the end goes up to it)
B2's in the verse harmony of Plastic Beach, but they sound kinda like flat C3's for some reason

IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:01 am

Where have I seen him before? Was he on a show or something?
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:07 am

Have you tried googling him?

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:22 am

Dang. I feel stupid now...
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:21 am

CoolBeans wrote:Dang. I feel stupid now...
don't feel bad, that's the power of the sippe

1k posts here we gooo Joyful Handball Embarassed Surprised Eh Confused Sad Disappointed
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:45 am

He has some parts on Deltron 3030:

Spoiler:

Spoken B1s in State of the Nation

Falsetto G#4s (sample at very start of and throughout song) and C#5s at 1:00

and could you timestamp the A1 you're hearing in Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head for me?
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Jesus, sorry that it took so long for me to get around to answering your question, Mana

I'm mostly referring to the humming in the background first of all. If we split up each of the humming sections into four phrases, then I'm hearing the B1 (I decided that it wasn't an A1) in the fourth phrase. So for example, 0:22 here. It is extremely buried, though, so it's hard to tell.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Ah, ok cool that's actually where I thought it was. I cannot hear where that bottoms at all unfortunately, it is quite buried and to make matters worse it almost sounds like the lowest part doesn't follow the harmony. The best I can make out is an audible C♯2 in the right channel at about 0:25 (or maybe it's C2, as C♯ wouldn't fit the melody).
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top