Rodney Britt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rodney Britt

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:08 am

Voice Type: The type of bass I'd like to lull me to sleep.
Vocal Range: E♭1 - E4

Rodney Britt is one of the multitude of legendary gospel recording group Acappella's members. Having sung with the group across several albums and several years starting in 1988, he took up the bass part and has remained nearly unchallenged in his vocals since. A true bass, he navigates the first octave with complete ease and a strong, wondrous, vibrant sound. His higher register, although limited and somewhat unused, is very soft and pleasant to the ears. Currently singing with the Sounds of Glory.

High Notes:
[E4] Road to Jerusalem
[D4] Road to Jerusalem
[C♯4] Easter Song, What Was I Supposed To Be
[C4] Road To Jerusalem, I Stand Amazed, When This Passing World Is Done
[B3] Easter Song, There's A Fountain Free
[B♭3] Jesus Is Your Ticket, Shut De Do, Road To Jerusalem, How Great Thou Art, I Stand Amazed, When This Passing World Is Done
[A3] Easter Song, Road to Jerusalem

Low Notes:
[D2] Mountain Top, God Bless The USA, Jesus Is Your Ticket, You Put This Love In My Heart, When They Ring Those Golden Bells, Lord We Come Before Thee, I Gave My Life For Thee
[C♯2] Wedding Day, Praise The Lord, John The Revelator
[C2] Mountain Top, John The Revelator (Acappella Classic live performance), You Put This Love In My Heart, Home Inside of Me, I Stand Amazed
[B1] God Bless The USA, While The Ages Roll On, When They Ring Those Golden Bells, What Was I Supposed To Be, Mansion, Robe, and Crown, View That Holy City, I Feel Good, How Great Thou Art, He Bore It All
[B♭1] Jesus Is Your Ticket, Shut De Do, Why Me Lord, Mansion, Robe, and Crown, Road to Jerusalem, I Feel Good, Roll Jordan Roll (AC all-bass live performance), I Stand Amazed
[A1] I Feel Good (AC backstage), I Gave My Life For Thee, Abide With Me
[G♯1] John The Revelator, Why Me Lord
[G1] John The Revelator (AC live performance), Road to Jerusalem, Roll Jordan Roll (AC all-bass live performance), There's A Fountain Free
[F♯1] What Was I Supposed To Be
[E♭1] What Was I Supposed To Be

Underscores mark backing notes.
Italics mark spoken notes.

notewatching criteria:

For now, high notes will start at A3, and low notes will start at D2. If I find the need to either raise or lower the starting points, then they will be changed.

Last edited by CoolBeans on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:03 pm; edited 7 times in total
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rodney Britt

Post  The Long Shot on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:14 am

One of the most resonant basses out there and one of the few Southern Gospel basses that could pass for a basso profundo. Glad to see him get a thread. IIRC he has a very low first octave note in "Roll Jordan Roll" live with the other former Acappella basses at a reunion from a few years back.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:55 am

This one? You must be talking about the G1 at 0:45, then. I'm actually glad you brought that up, because I saw this a while ago and could never remember what song it was exactly, and then I just forgot about it. Very nice note too!

I'd love to find out who's singing what parts. Presumably McAlpin, Adams, and Guy are T1-Bari and Storms is singing bass (I don't know what Brantley or Mckenzie are singing), but figuring out which is which would be awesome.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top