Marilyn Manson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marilyn Manson

Post  iamnothing on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:16 am

Note: Please go here for the current version of this thread.

Voice type: Pale Baritone
Vocal range: A1-E6
Sung range: A1-A5

Significant high notes:
E6 ("Hey, Cruel World...")
A5 ("Para-noir", "The Beautiful People" live at Bizzare Festival 1997, "Deep Six", "Hypothetical")
F♯5 ("1996", "Deep Six", "Blank and White", "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies")
F5 ("The Beautiful People" live at Bizzare Festival 1997)
E5 ("Lunchbox", "Get Your Gunn", "Smells Like Children", "I Put a Spell on You", "The Reflecting God", "Para-noir", "The Beautiful People" live at Rock am Ring 2003)
E♭5 ("Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "Kinderfeld", "The Dope Show" live at Rock am Ring 2009)
D5 ("The Beautiful People", "Little Horn", "The Reflecting God", "Disassociative", "The Flowers of Evil", "The Beautiful People" live at Echo Awards 2012)
C♯5 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "I Want To Disappear", "The Fight Song", "The Beautiful People" live at Echo Awards 2012, "This Is The New Shit")
C5 ("Tourniquet", "The Beautiful People" live at the MTV Awards 1997, "Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms", "Hey, Cruel World..." live at Rock am Ring 2012, "Blank and White", "This Is The New Shit")
B4 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "The Beautiful People", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Mister Superstar", "Antichrist Superstar", "Mechanical Animals", "Disassociative", "Posthuman",  "Hey, Cruel World...", "Born Again", "Food Pyramid", "The Nobodies" live at Rock am Ring 2005, "Ka-boom Ka-boom", "Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon")
B♭4 ("Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "The Fight Song", "Born Again")
A4 ("I Put a Spell on You", "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "The Beautiful People", "Tourniquet", "Little Horn", "1996", "The Reflecting God",
"I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)", "User Friendly", "The Fight Song", "This Is The New Shit", "Hey, Cruel World...", "Disposable Teens", "The Flowers of Evil", "Deformography", "Hypothetical", "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies", "If I Was Your Vampire", "The Beautiful People" live at Echo Awards 2012, "President Dead", "Eat Me, Drink Me", "Burning Flag", "Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon", "Killing Strangers")
G♯4 ("Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "Antichrist Superstar", "Rock is Dead", "I Want To Disappear", "Cruci-Fiction in Space", "The Beautiful People", "Born Again", "Killing Strangers")
G4 ("Lunchbox", "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World", "Tourniquet", "Deformography", "Mister Superstar", "Minute of Decay",
"The Reflecting God", "Long Hard Road Out of Hell", "Tainted Love", "Cryptorchid", "Cat People", "If I Was Your Vampire", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3", "Disposable Teens", "User Friendly", "Spade", "Killing Strangers")

Significant low notes:
C3 ("Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "Great Big White World", "Speed of Pain", "Hypothetical", "Cat People", "Eat Me, Drink Me", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3", "Disposable Teens", "Killing Strangers")
B2 ("Dope Hat", "The Beautiful People", "Little Horn", "Antichrist Superstar", "Posthuman", "Last Day on Earth", "Cruci-Fiction in Space", "Hey, Cruel World...", "Ka-boom Ka-boom", "Spade", "In the Shadow of the Valley of Death")
B♭2 ("Negative Three", "Tourniquet", "Great Big White World", "Cat People", "Disposable Teens")
A2 ("Lunchbox", "Little Horn", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Mister Superstar", "The Reflecting God", "In the Shadow of the Valley of Death")
G♯2 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem")
G2 ("Tourniquet", "Food Pyramid", "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies")
F♯2 ("Dope Hat", "Fundamentally Loathsome", "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3", "Burning Flag")
E2 ("Cryptorchid", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Minute of Decay", "Mechanical Animals", "Overneath the Path of Misery", "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies", "Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag")
E♭2 ("Kinderfeld", "Bad Girl", "Cat People", "Burning Flag")
D2 ("The Beautiful People", "Minute of Decay", "Apple of Sodom", "This Is The New Shit", "Bad Girl", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3", "Burning Flag")
C♯2 ("The Dope Show", "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)")
C2 ("This Is The New Shit", "Bad Girl", "Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3")
B1 ("Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World", "Antichrist Superstar",  "The Dope Show", "User Friendly", "Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon")
A1 ("Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon")
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the mix.
*Green marks highly distorted notes
*Blue marks soft or disconnected falsetto/whistle notes.
*Gray marks prominent vocal fry notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Sandblasted gave me permission to restart this thread.

Any help/corrections welcome.

Last edited by iamnothing on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 20 times in total
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marilyn Manson

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:21 am

Hey, nice job man! Glad to see your thread as the new one
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Private Perineum on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:53 am

Looking good. The new album features a lot of belting A4-B4, Manson did name Morrison as one of his vocal idols for that one.
Private Perineum

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/timialexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:02 am

Here's the old OP:
Spoiler:

Anonymous wrote:

Voice type: Baritone
Sung range: B1-F♯5
Total range: G1-E6

Significant high notes:

E6 ("Hey, Cruel World...")
A5 ("Para-noir")
F♯5 ("1996")
E5 ("Lunchbox", "Get Your Gunn", "Smells Like Children", "I Put a Spell on You", "The Reflecting God", "Para-noir")
E♭5 ("Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "Kinderfeld")
D5 ("The Beautiful People", "Little Horn", "The Reflecting God", "Disassociative")
C♯5 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "I Want To Disappear")
C5 ("Tourniquet", "The Beautiful People" live at the MTV Awards 1997)
B4 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "The Beautiful People", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Mister Superstar", "Antichrist Superstar", "Mechanical Animals", "Disassociative", "Posthuman",  "Hey, Cruel World...")
B♭4 ("Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "The Fight Song")
A4 ("I Put a Spell on You", "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "The Beautiful People", "Tourniquet", "Little Horn", "1996", "The Reflecting God",
"I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)", "User Friendly", "The Fight Song", "This Is The New Shit", "Hey, Cruel World...")
G♯4 ("Angel With The Scabbed Wings", "Antichrist Superstar", "Rock is Dead", "I Want To Disappear", "Cruci-Fiction in Space")
G4 ("Lunchbox", "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World", "Tourniquet", "Deformography", "Mister Superstar", "Minute of Decay",
"The Reflecting God", "Long Hard Road Out of Hell")

Significant low notes:

G1 ("Overneath the Path of Misery" Amp Rock TV version)
B1 ("Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World", "Antichrist Superstar",  "The Dope Show", "User Friendly")
C2 ("This Is The New Shit")
C♯2 ("The Dope Show", "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)", "Overneath the Path of Misery" Amp Rock TV version)
D2 ("The Beautiful People", "Minute of Decay", "Apple of Sodom", "This Is The New Shit")
E♭2 ("Kinderfeld")
E2 ("Cryptorchid", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Minute of Decay", "Mechanical Animals", "Overneath the Path of Misery")
F♯2 ("Dope Hat", "Fundamentally Loathsome")
G2 ("Tourniquet", "Speed of Pain")
G♯2 ("Irresponsible Hate Anthem")
A2 ("Lunchbox", "Little Horn", "Deformography", "Wormboy", "Mister Superstar", "The Reflecting God")
B♭2 ("Negative Three", "Tourniquet", "Great Big White World")
B2 ("Dope Hat", "The Beautiful People", "Little Horn", "Antichrist Superstar", "Posthuman", "Last Day on Earth", "Cruci-Fiction in Space",
"Hey, Cruel World...")
C3 ("Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "Great Big White World", "Speed of Pain")
C♯3 ("Posthuman", "Cruci-Fiction in Space", "Speed of Pain")
*Grey marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the mix.
*Green marks highly distorted notes
*Blue marks soft or disconnected falsetto/whistle notes.
*Navy marks prominent vocal fry notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:34 am

Austere McNugget wrote:Looking good. The new album features a lot of belting A4-B4, Manson did name Morrison as one of his vocal idols for that one.
I just wish his live singing improved  Cringe
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:36 am

What, you don't like out of breath, tired screaming and singing? God bless USA
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:03 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:What, you don't like out of breath, tired screaming and singing? God bless USA
only if a 5'3 asian man is doing it Wink
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaking on Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 am

i didn't seen that yet, great! 
there was a time when i asked to take over on this thread but Sandblasted was on it, i didn't expect that someone could have it now.
Great job by the way Smile
Breaking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top