Evynne Hollens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evynne Hollens

Post  Pizik on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:57 am

Voice Type: Alto
Vocal Range: D3-D6

About Evynne:
Evynne Hollens is a female singer known on YouTube for doing covers of popular songs. She also does "How to Sing" videos, where she says how to sing correctly in different voices. Her husband is a famous acappella singer on Youtube, Peter Hollens, and they did a lot of beautiful songs together. She has a lovely, smooth and strong voice and is able to sing high notes in chest, twang or mix, but she can also sing low notes in third octave, which is amazing. She's definitely one of my favourite female singers!

High Notes:
D7: "In the Studio with Peter Hollens"
C7: "In the Studio with Peter Hollens"
D6: "Girl in 14G (live)"
C♯6: "Girl in 14G (live)"
C6: "Seasons of Love"
B5: "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "Girl in 14G (live)"
B♭5: "Girl in 14G (live)", "My Favorite Vocal Warm Ups"
A5: "Love Is an Open Door", "Seasons of Love", "Disney Teen Beach Medley", "Girl in 14G (live)", "How to Sing: HIGH and LOUD!", "Soprano Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir"
G♯5: "World of Warcraft Medley", "Girl in 14G (live)", "How to Sing: HIGH and LOUD!", "My Favorite Vocal Warm Ups"
G5: "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "How to Sing: HIGH and LOUD!", "How To Sing: Head Voice", "Soprano Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir"
F5: "Happy", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup", "Hello", "Minecraft", "Seasons of Love", "Disney Teen Beach Medley", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "Girl in 14G (live)", "How to Belt", "The 3 Minute Voice Lesson", "Soprano Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir"
E5: "Georgia On My Mind (Evynne's Version)", "Hello", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Try", "Love Is an Open Door", "Ghost", "Yesterday (LIVE)", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Hello", "Disney Teen Beach Medley", "For the Dancing and the Dreaming", "How to Belt", "Soprano Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE
E♭5: "Brave", "Defying Gravity", "Defying Gravity", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Happy", "The Prayer", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Say Goodbye (live)", "Fever (live)", "How to Belt", "Evolution of the Disney Princess", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE
D5: "Fields of Gold", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Georgia On My Mind", "Let it Go", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup" "Yesterday (LIVE)", "Photograph", "Love Is an Open Door", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Ghost", "Disney Teen Beach Medley", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Fight Song", "Yesterday (LIVE)", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Grown Up Christmas List", "She Used to Be Mine", "Minecraft", "Seasons of Love", "The Prayer", "Fall in Love", "Disney Teen Beach Medley", "The Last Five Years", "Taylor Swift 1989 in 4 Minutes", "Say Goodbye (live)", "Girl in 14G (live)", "Stars and the Moon (live)", "Fever (live)", "How to Belt", "Still Hurting (LIVE)", "Burn", "Alto Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir", "Evolution of the Disney Princess", "Evolution of the Disney Princess", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE"
C♯5: "Defying Gravity", "Defying Gravity", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Brave", "Ghost", "Try",  "Try", "Love Is an Open Door", "Hello", "Need You Now", "Ghost", "Winter Song", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Need You Now", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "The Last Five Years", "I See The Light", "For the Dancing and the Dreaming", "Say Goodbye (live)", "Louder Than Words (live)", "Both Sides Now (live)", "How to Belt", "Still Hurting (LIVE)", "Evolution of the Disney Princess", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE"
C5: "Fields of Gold", "Part of Your World", "Georgia On My Mind", "Georgia On My Mind (Evynne's Version)", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Let it Go", "Over the Rainbow", "Brave", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Fall in Love", "She Used to Be Mine" "Photograph", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Happy", "Happy", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Fight Song", "Over the Rainbow", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Fight Song", "Yesterday (LIVE)", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup", "Gravity (LIVE)", "Gravity (LIVE)", "Stitches", "Hello", "Grown Up Christmas List", "She Used to Be Mine", "Seasons of Love", "Seasons of Love", "The Prayer", "Fall in Love", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "The Last Five Years", "What Are Words", "Running Out of Time", "Louder Than Words (live)", "Both Sides Now (live)", "How to Belt", "Still Hurting (LIVE)", "Evolution of the Disney Princess", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE"
B4: "Defying Gravity", "Fields of Gold", "Georgia On My Mind", "Over the Rainbow", "Let it Go", "Try", "Photograph", "Love Is an Open Door", "Over the Rainbow", "Gravity (LIVE)", "Hello", "Grown Up Christmas List", "Grown Up Christmas List", "Fall in Love", "For the Dancing and the Dreaming", "Taylor Swift 1989 in 4 Minutes", "Running Out of Time", "Say Goodbye (live)", "Louder Than Words (live)", "Girl in 14G (live)", "Burn", "Alto Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir", "For The First Time In Forever in REAL LIFE"
B♭4: "Part of Your World", "The Prayer", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Brave", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Winter Song", "Over the Rainbow", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Fight Song", "Get Happy / Happy Days Are Here Again", "Grown Up Christmas List", "She Used to Be Mine", "Minecraft", "Need You Now","The Prayer", "Les Miserables Medley", "Say Goodbye (live)", "How to Belt", "Evolution of the Disney Princess"

Low Notes:
A3: "Try", "Photograph", "Love Is an Open Door", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Ghost", "Over the Rainbow", "Shake It Out / Shake it Off", "Yesterday (LIVE)", "Gravity (LIVE)", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Stitches", "Hello", "Grown Up Christmas List", "Phantom of the Opera Medley", "For the Dancing and the Dreaming", "What Are Words", "Girl in 14G (live)", "Stars and the Moon (live)", "Burn", "Alto Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir", "Evolution of the Disney Princess"
G♯3: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Brave", "Happy", "Winter Song", "Need You Now", "World of Warcraft Medley", "Both Sides Now (live)", "Evolution of the Disney Princess"
G3: "Fields of Gold", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Let it Go", "Somewhere from West Side Story", "Photograph", "Love is Christmas (LIVE)", "Fight Song", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Stitches", "Grown Up Christmas List", "Minecraft", "The Prayer", "What Are Words", "Cry me a River (live)", "Alto Part for "Hallelujah" Virtual Choir", "Evolution of the Disney Princess"
F♯3: "Defying Gravity", "Photograph", "Ghost", "Over the Rainbow", "For Joni: A Tribute to Joni Mitchell", "Hello"
F3: "Shake It Out / Shake It Off", "Shut Up and Dance Mashup", "Get Happy / Happy Days Are Here Again", "Stitches", "Grown Up Christmas List", "She Used to Be Mine", "Minecraft", "Say Goodbye (live)", "My Favorite Vocal Warm Ups"
E3: "Defying Gravity", "Let it Go"
E♭3: "Brave"
D3: "She Used to Be Mine"

Highest Whistle Note:..........D7
Highest Head Voice Note: ... D6
Highest Twang/Mixed Note: A5
Highest Chest Note: ............ E5
Lowest Chest Note:............. D3

..................................................................................................

Blue indicates probable head voice
Pink indicates whistle register
Green indicates twang or mixed notes
Underlined indicates notes in background harmonies

..................................................................................................

My video about Evynne's Vocal Range here:

Last edited by Pizik on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:52 am; edited 17 times in total

Pizik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evynne Hollens

Post  Toast on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am

Pizik wrote:Green indicates twang or mixed notes
"Twang"? Also, I really don't think there's any need to indicate mixed notes (or "twang" notes, I guess), just keep them black.

Otherwise, pretty good so far!
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizik on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:58 pm

I did it because that break between chest and twang is pretty significant. And she said in her videos where is the difference. Smile

Pizik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Great start! Glad to see a thread for her.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizik on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm

I need a help with this note.
It is D7 and C7. 0:17
Does it count?

Pizik

View user profile

Back to top Go down