View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corey Taylor

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 am

Voice type: Baritone
Vocal range: F♯1-C7

Significant high notes:

• C7 ("Bertha")
  • B5 ("Tar Poo")
  • G5 (It's So Easy" live in Los Angeles 2009, "Vermillion" live TMF Awards 2004)
  • F♯5 ("Gently")
  • F5 ("Every Rose Has its Thorn" live London 2011, "Funky Mik")
  • E5 ("I Can't Believe", "It's So Easy" live Los Angeles 2009, "Made of Scars", "Only One", "Prelude 3.0")
  • E♭5 ("Blotter", "I Can't Believe", "Prelude 3.0", "Sillyworld", "Voices Again")
  • D5 ("30/30-150", "Duality" live, "Iowa", "Prosthetics", "Sometimes", "That's Ridiculous", "Vermillion" live TMF Awards 2004)
  • C♯5 ("1st Person", "Don't Get Close", "Hell & Consequences" live 2006, "Little Girl", "Made of Scars", "The Rich Man", "The Virus of Life", "Vermilion")
  • C5 ("30/30 150", "Bertha", "Cryin' For Love", "Diluted", "Hell & Consequences", "Opium of the People", "Metabolic", "New Abortion", "People = Shit", "Prelude 3.0", "Simple Woman", "Tar Poo", "The Nameless", "The Rich Man", "Vermilion")
  • B4 ("30/30-150", "Before I Forget", "Cold Reader", "Come What(ever) May", "Don't Get Close", "Duality", "Eeyore", "Eyeless", "Everything Ends", "Gematria (The Killing Name)", "Gently", "Hell & Consequences", "I Can't Believe", "Inherited", "Liberate", "My Name is Allen", "No Life", "Only One", "Opium of the People", "People = Shit", "Prosthetics", "Pulse of the Maggots", "Purity", "Rainbow in the Dark", "Reborn", "Rules of Evidence", "Scissors", "Sillyworld", "(sic)", "Skin Ticket", "Socio", "Take a Number", "Tattered and Torn", "The Blister Exists", "The Nameless", "The Rich Man", "The Virus of Life", "Three Nil", "Vermillion", "Voices Again", "Wait and Bleed", "Welcome", "Zzyxz Rd.")
  • B♭4 ("Absolute Zero", "Bother", "Disasterpiece", "Do Me a Favor", "Don't Get Close", "Dying", "Funk Milk", "Influence of a Drowsy God", "Last of the Real", "Miracles", "Nylon 6/6", "People = Shit", "Peckinpah", "Sadist", "Tar Poo", "The Conflagration", "The Travelers Pt. 2", "Through Glass", "Tired", "Unfinished")
  • A4 ("All Hope is Gone", "Butcher's Hook", "Choose", "Despise", "Duality", "Everything Ends", "Gematria (The Killing Name)", "Hate Not Gone", "Inhale", "Metabolic", "Mission Statement", "My Name is Allen", "My Plague", "New Abortion", "Nylon 6/6", "Opium of the People", "Pulse of the Maggots", "Rainbow in the Dark", "RU486", "Rules of Evidence", "Say You'll Haunt Me", "Scissors", "Snuff", "Stalemate", "Surfacing", "Taciturn", "The Bitter End", "The Nameless", "The Uncanny Valley", "This Cold Black", "'Till We Die", "Tumult", "Vendetta", "Wait and Bleed", "Welcome", "Wherein Lies Continue")
  • G♯4 ("'82", "Absolute Zero", "Before I Forget", "Bother", "Butcher's Hook", "Cardiff", "Child of Burning Time", "Digital (Did You Tell)", "Diluted", "Don't Get Close", "Down in a Hole" live, "Disasterpiece", "Eyeless", "Gone Sovereign", "Hate Not Gone", "Home Again", "Inside the Cynic", "Last of the Real", "Made of Scars", "Miracles", "Mission Statement", "Orchids", "Pieces", "RU486", "Shine", "Stalemate", "Take a Number", "The House of Gold & Bones", "The Pessimist", "The Uncanny Valley", "Threadbare", "Tumult", "Zzyzx Rd.")

Significant low notes:

• F♯1 ("A Rumor of Skin")
  • G1 ("Prosthetics")
  • A1 ("Duality", "Gehenna", "Idle Hands")
  • B1 ("Duality", "Hell & Consequences", "Idle Hands", "My Name is Allen", "The Bitter End", "The Rich Man", "Vendetta", "Vermillion" live Wisconsin 2012, "Wherein Lies Continue")
  • C2 ("Diluted", "The Virus of Life", "Unfinished")
  • C♯2 ("1st Person", "A Rumor of Skin", "Before I Forget", "Diluted", "Metabolic", "Repentance", "The Rich Man", "Vermillion")
  • D2 ("Duality", "Mission Statement", "Tattered and Torn", "The Virus of Life")
  • E♭2 ("Every Rose Has Its Thorn" live London 2011, "Give My Love to Rose" live Las Vegas 2011, "Omega")
  • E2 ("Gehenna", "Wherein Lies Continue")
  • F2 ("A Rumor of Skin", "Comfortably Numb" live Orlando 2011)
  • F♯2 ("Don't Get Close", "Everything Ends", "Idle Hands", "Ring of Fire" live in London 2011, "Scissors", "Skin Ticket", "Something I Can Never Have" live New York 2011, "The Blister Exists", "Wait and Bleed", "Zzyxz Rd.")
  • G2 ("Gehenna", "Gently", "Scissors", "Wicked Game")
  • G♯2 ("Comfortably Numb" live Orlando 2011, "Don't Get Close", "Give My Love to Rose" live Las Vegas 2011, "Pieces", "The Nameless", "The Rich Man", "Vermillion Pt. 2")
  • A2 ("Black John", "Gehenna", "Iowa", "Prelude 3.0", "Rules of Evidence", "Scissors", "Skin Ticket")
  • B♭2 ("New Abortion", "Prosthetics", "Say You'll Haunt Me", "Vermillion", "Wicked Game")
  • B2 ("Child of Burning Time", "Duality", "Gravesend", "Idle Hands", "Iowa", "Liberate", "Orchids", "Prosthetics", "Purity", "Snap", "The Virus of Life")

Corey Taylor is best known as the iconic lead singer of the bands Slipknot and Stone Sour. Known for his remarkable distortion technique, grumbly lows, and also his clean singing he is definitely a standout singer in his genre.Smile 
EXAMPLES:

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Green marks harsh distorted notes.
*Blue marks notes that are harsh/distorted and in backing vocals.
*Italics marks notes that are hit without a key center.

Best Vocal Performances
1. Zzyzx Rd.
2. Bother
3. Vermilion
4. 30/30 150
5. I Can't Believe
6. Through Glass
7. Simple Woman
8. Duality
9. Vermilion Pt. 2
10. Snuff

Back to top Go down

Re: Corey Taylor

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Desperately needs a falsetto/non-modal section.

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Whistle C7 in some old demo

Couple of A6s as well, falsetto F5s off something. There was one that topped at possible head vois G5. I'll look through the old demos and my notes and add 'em all.

Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Nighthawk on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 am

Where can I find the supposed head vois G5?

Johnny Nighthawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

It's on the old Stone Sour demos. I can get it after school today.

First day of school Sad

Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Nighthawk on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 am

nirvana14 wrote:It's on the old Stone Sour demos. I can get it after school today.

First day of school Sad

Rad! Thank you!

Good luck with the school year, mate!

Johnny Nighthawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cro on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 am

Can anyone link the C7? Razz

Cro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 am

We need to rediscover its whereabouts first, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Nighthawk on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 am

CroAvantasia wrote:Can anyone link the C7? Razz

I believe Nirvana mentioned some time ago that it was in some old Stone Sour(?) demos.

Johnny Nighthawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Okay, help me relocate his highest notes, people!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm

2:26 I didn't expect Taylor to go up there! Gets some E5s, doesn't he also get a G5 or two?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Didn't he have a sung orange G5?

Back to top Go down

Post  thehuntingparty on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm

T. wrote:

2:26 I didn't expect Taylor to go up there! Gets some E5s, doesn't he also get a G5 or two?
amazing, i thought he would'nt get anything above E5 in full, because of his age, drugs... and the notes dont sound that hard for him. i am now officially a fan of Corey Taylor In Love

thehuntingparty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hongu on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 am

Well guys, brand new Stone Sour record. Smile Corey did some neat tricks with his voice this time, especially in the song My Name Allen..

His voice gets pretty damn low at 1:00 - 1:10/1:52 - 2:02/3:21 - 3:31
Note that it sounds like a different take each time, so one could be lower or higher than the other.

Hongu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Orange, except for the third one which sounds fuller to me. They sound processed at moments, but maybe it's just me.

Muffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top