Sarah Blackwood (Walk off the Earth)

Post  thatsmad on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Sarah Blackwood

Voice type: Soprano
Vocal Range: E3-A5

Significant High Notes:

A5 ("Hello")
F♯5 ("Hello")
E5 (“Skinny Love”, “Home We’ll Go”, "Hello")
E♭5 (“Skinny Love”, “Sing It All Away”, “Rule the World”, “Home We’ll Go”)
D5 ("Happy", "Someone Like You", "Payphone")
C♯5 ("I Knew You Were Trouble", "Material Girl", "Happy" “Skinny Love”, “Sing It All Away”, "Hello")
C5 ("Somebody That I Used To Know" "Some Nights", “Love Sponge”, “Karma Police”, “Rule the World”, “Home We’ll Go”, "Someone Like You", Royals")
B4 ("From Me To You", "Little Boxes", "Some Nights", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Material Girl", “Skinny Love”, “Love Sponge”, “Karma Police”, "Someone Like You")
B♭4 ("Fairytale of New York", "From Me To You". "Shake It Off", “Sing It All Away”, “and Rule the World”, “Boomerang”,"Somebody That I Used To Know", "Royals")

Significant Low Notes:

A3: ("Someone Like You", "Cheers (Drink To That)", "Burn One Down", "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall", "Cheerleader", "Royals", "Rude", "Wrecking Ball", “Skinny Love”, “Karma Police”, “Boomerang”)
G♯3 ("A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall")
G3 ("Someone Like You", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Cheerleader", "Rude", "Wrecking Ball")
F♯3 ("Someone Like You", "Mele Kalikimaka", "Cheerleader",  “Boomerang”, “Home We’ll Go”)
F3 ("I Knew You Were Trouble", "Rude", "Happy")
E3 ("Mele Kalikimaka", “Home We’ll Go”, "Someone Like You")

Sarah is a talented singer and multi-instrumentalist who plays in the band Walk off the Earth and has a few solo songs too.

So far I have done their covers of popular songs (that are on YouTube) and a few of their originals

I haven't gone through all her material so any help filling in what I haven't already got would be greatly appreciated, just post a link to what you have found and I'll add it

Italics marks non-melodic notes

Last edited by thatsmad on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 6 times in total

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarah Blackwood (Walk off the Earth)

Post  CracK on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:16 am

ooow a thread for this cutie blonde
the B4 in somebody used to know is actually B♭4, if I'll find something eles I'll link
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 am

thatsmad wrote:Sarah Blackwood

Soprano

Highs
E5: “Skinny Love”, “Home We’ll Go”
E♭5: “Skinny Love”, “Sing It All Away”, “Rule the World”, “Home We’ll Go”
D5: "Happy"
C♯5: "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Material Girl", "Happy" “Skinny Love”, “Sing It All Away”,
C5: "Somebody That I Used To Know" "Some Nights", “Love Sponge”, “Karma Police”, “Rule the World”, “Home We’ll Go”
B4: "Somebody That I Used To Know", "From Me To You", "Little Boxes", "Some Nights", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Material Girl", “Skinny Love”, “Love Sponge”, “Karma Police”,
B♭4: "Fairytale of New York", "From Me To You". "Shake It Off", “Sing It All Away”, “and Rule the World”, “Boomerang”

Lows
A3: "Someone Like You", "Cheers (Drink To That)", "Burn One Down", "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall", "Cheerleader", "Royals", "Rude", "Wrecking Ball", “Skinny Love”, “Karma Police”, “Boomerang”
G♯3: "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall"
G3: "Someone Like You", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Cheerleader", "Rude", "Wrecking Ball",
F♯3: "Someone Like You", "Mele Kalikimaka", "Cheerleader", "Happy", “Boomerang”, “Home We’ll Go”
F3: "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Rude",
E3: "Mele Kalikimaka", “Home We’ll Go”

Sarah is a talented singer and multi-instrumentalist who plays in the band Walk off the Earth and has a few solo songs too.

So far I have done their covers of popular songs (that are on YouTube) and a few of their originals

I haven't gone through all her material so any help filling in what I haven't already got would be greatly appreciated, just post a link to what you have found and I'll add it
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:12 am

Crack2Hack wrote:ooow a thread for this cutie blonde
the B4 in somebody used to know is actually B♭4, if I'll find something eles I'll link

Thanks

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Their new cover of Adelle's Hello contains some new highest notes (falsetto): E5, F#5 and A5.
There's a chest C#5 in there too, E5 later on.

The highest notes are at 3:34.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:31 pm

she also hits couple of F#3 there I believe and the F#3 on Happy is actually F3
D5 on Payphone, 2:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUwxaAmoAk
and since you don't have a pic, maybe you wud like to use this one, she looks cute here imo
Spoiler:
B♭4 and C5 on Royals 2:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgD5p1XiVT0
lots of E3's in Someone Like You and B4, C5 and D5 in the chorus
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:09 am

AcapellaBass wrote:Their new cover of Adelle's Hello contains some new highest notes (falsetto): E5, F#5 and A5.
There's a chest C#5 in there too, E5 later on.

The highest notes are at 3:34.

Thanks! Hadn't heard that one yet, that A5 was awesome In Love

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 am

Crack2Hack wrote:she also hits couple of F#3 there I believe and the F#3 on Happy is actually F3
D5 on Payphone, 2:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUwxaAmoAk
and since you don't have a pic, maybe you wud like to use this one, she looks cute here imo
Spoiler:
B♭4 and C5 on Royals 2:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgD5p1XiVT0
lots of E3's in Someone Like You and B4, C5 and D5 in the chorus

Thanks, wasn't sure if those E3's were actually there or not and I struggled with those chorus notes
I've got that Payphone note underline because it wasn't very sung to my ear, you all good with that?

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 am

sounds melodic enough for me but man you cracked me up with that size photo Laughing Laughing you don't know how to decrease the size of a pic here? also you might wanna take a look in other threads and copy the normal format so your thread will look prettier (like bold up the notes, brackets, vocal range, voice type, etc)
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:59 am

Crack2Hack wrote:sounds melodic enough for me but man you cracked me up with that size photo Laughing Laughing you don't know how to decrease the size of a pic here? also you might wanna take a look in other threads and copy the normal format so your thread will look prettier (like bold up the notes, brackets, vocal range, voice type, etc)

Never looked into resizing it tbh haha, link me a thread you think is done well and I'll copy it

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:08 am

thatsmad wrote:
Crack2Hack wrote:sounds melodic enough for me but man you cracked me up with that size photo Laughing Laughing you don't know how to decrease the size of a pic here? also you might wanna take a look in other threads and copy the normal format so your thread will look prettier (like bold up the notes, brackets, vocal range, voice type, etc)

Never looked into resizing it tbh haha, link me a thread you think is done well and I'll copy it
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3961-nicola-sedda?highlight=nicola+sedda
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:12 am

no seriously erm erm erm almost every Range Stuff thread looks great, take this for example
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3000-avi-kaplan?highlight=avi+kaplan
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top