Post  The Long Shot on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Voice Type: Practically Perfect In Every Way Soprano
Vocal Range: C3-B♭5

Significant High Notes:

B♭5: "Do-Re-Mi", "The Lonely Goatherd", "A Spoonful of Sugar"
A5: "The Lusty Month of May"
G♯5: "I Could Have Danced All Night", "The Shady Dame From Seville"
G5: "The Lonely Goatherd", "Show Me", "Then You May Take Me To the Fair"
F♯5: "Just You Wait", "Le Jazz Hot", "The Lonely Goatherd", "The Lusty Month of May"
F5: "I Could Have Danced All Night", "I Have Confidence", "The Lonely Goatherd", "The Rain In Spain", "The Shady Dame From Seville", "A Spoonful of Sugar"
E5: "The Rain In Spain", "The Simple Joys of Maidenhood", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", "Then You May Take Me To the Fair", "What Do The Simple Folk Do?"
E♭5: "Before I Gaze At You Again", "I Loved You Once In Silence", "Without You", "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?"
D5: "Do-Re-Mi", "Feed The Birds", "I Could Have Danced All Night", "I Have Confidence", "Just You Wait", "The Lonely Goatherd", "The Lusty Month of May", "My Favorite Things", "The Rain In Spain", "The Shady Dame From Seville", "Show Me", "The Sound of Music", "Then You May Take Me To the Fair", "What Do The Simple Folk Do?", "Without You", "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?"
C♯5: "Crazy World", "Just You Wait"
C5: "Before I Gaze At You Again", "Chim Chim Cher-ee", "Do-Re-Mi", "Feed The Birds", "I Could Have Danced All Night", "I Have Confidence", "Jolly Holiday", "The Lonely Goatherd", "The Shady Dame From Seville", "The Simple Joys of Maidenhood", "The Sound of Music", "A Spoonful of Sugar", "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?", "You And Me"

Significant Low Notes:

C4: "Before I Gaze At You Again", "Jolly Holiday", "The Simple Joys of Maidenhood", "A Spoonful of Sugar", "What Do The Simple Folk Do?", "Without You", "Wouldn't It Be Loverly?"
B3: "I Have Confidence", "Just You Wait", "My Favorite Things", "The Shady Dame From Seville"
B♭3: "Do-Re-Mi", "Feed The Birds", "Le Jazz Hot", "Something Good", "Stay Awake"
A3: "Stay Awake"
G♯3: "Something Good"
G3: "The Shady Dame From Seville", "Without You"
F♯3: "Crazy World", "Feed The Birds", "Le Jazz Hot"
F3: "The Shady Dame From Seville", "Stay Awake", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
E3: "Crazy World", "The Shady Dame From Seville"
D3: "Le Jazz Hot"
C3: "Le Jazz Hot"

*Italics mark spoken/unsung notes.

A legend, both of the stage and the silver screen. Most remembered for her roles as Mary Poppins from the movie of the same name, Maria von Trapp from "The Sound of Music", and the originator of the roles of Eliza from "My Fair Lady" and Queen Guinevere from "Camelot" on Broadway. Absolutely pristine vocal control all throughout her range, which extended to some truly incredible heights. Sadly, a botched vocal cord surgery in the late 90's all but destroyed her singing voice, leaving her with a weak alto range, and she has only sang once or twice on record since. Truly a tragedy: her voice is one of the most beautiful and iconic of all time.

If you have any other notes that I need to be aware of, do not hesitate to reply!

Last edited by The Long Shot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Julie Andrews

Post  Full Voice Ahead on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Lover her singing. Her and Judy Garland are two of my favorite golden age female singers.

Full Voice Ahead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 am

Full Voice Aheadandra wrote:Lover her singing. Her and Judy Garland are two of my favorite golden age female singers.

Indeed. When I saw there was no thread, I was honestly shocked. In the hubbub of metal and acappella threads that litter this forum, somehow she was completely forgotten about.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:15 am

I think female singers generally tend to be underrepresented on TRP. Nice to see people filling in the gaps.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Celice wrote:I think female singers generally tend to be underrepresented on TRP. Nice to see people filling in the gaps.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Celice wrote:I think female singers generally tend to be underrepresented on TRP. Nice to see people filling in the gaps.

That and the fact that this style of music doesn't appeal to many on here. It's a shame.

In terms of females, I think I have five female threads, I can't remember. I definitely want to see this thread filled out and I'd also really like to restart the Karen Carpenter thread and give it a full makeover (I already have a decent-sized template made for it in the "Request Guest Threads" section).
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Full Voice Ahead on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:29 pm

The Long Shot wrote:

That and the fact that this style of music doesn't appeal to many on here. It's a shame.

In terms of females, I think I have five female threads, I can't remember. I definitely want to see this thread filled out and I'd also really like to restart the Karen Carpenter thread and give it a full makeover (I already have a decent-sized template made for it in the "Request Guest Threads" section).

You know I'm a metal head but I also appreciate the old timers from the 30's onward. Doesn't matter if it's jazz,blues,country,etc I have a fond appreciation for those singers and their melody was top notch even back then.

Full Voice Ahead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Mon May 09, 2016 1:59 pm

I stumbled across this clip of Julie singing the English national anthem at the age of 13. She looks about 10 and sounds about 20!
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top