Andy LaPlegua

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andy LaPlegua

Post  iamnothing on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Voice type: "Throat Full of Glass" Baritone
Vocal range: A1-E5
Sung range: A1-E♭5

Associated acts: Icon of Coil (1997-present), Combichrist (2003-present), Panzer AG (2004-2006), Scandy (2004-2006), Scandinavian Cock (2011)

Significant high notes:
E5 ("Age of Mutation")
E♭5 ("Buried Alive", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Sequential One")
D5 ("Can't Control", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Pull the Pin", "Skullcrusher")
C♯5 ("Buried Alive", "Can't Control", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Pull the Pin", "Sequential One")
C5 ("Age of Mutation", "Buried Alive", "Can't Control", "Feed the Fire", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Maggots at the Party", "Pull the Pin", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sun of Ice")
B4 ("Love Is a Razorblade", "Maggots at the Party", "Never Surrender", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)")
B♭4 ("Age of Mutation", "Buried Alive", "Can't Control", "Feed the Fire", "Love Is a Razorblade", "Maggots at the Party", "Never Surrender", "Pull the Pin", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sun of Ice")
A4 ("Denial", "Enjoy the Abuse", "Feed the Fire", "My Life My Rules", "Never Surrender", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sequential One", "We Are the Plague")
G♯4 ("Buried Alive", "Enjoy the Abuse", "Get Your Body Beat", "My Life My Rules", "Sent to Destroy", "Sequential One", "Sun of Ice", "What the Fuck Is Wrong with You?")
G4 ("Age of Mutation", "Anatomy", "Black Tar Dove (Part 2)", "Buried Alive", "Denial", "Enjoy the Abuse", "Feed the Fire", "Get Your Body Beat", "Love Is a Razorblade", "Maggots at the Party", "Pull the Pin", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sun of Ice")
F♯4 ("Anatomy", "Blut Royale", "Enjoy the Abuse", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Never Surrender", "Sent to Destroy", "Sequential One", "Throat Full of Glass", "What the Fuck Is Wrong with You?")
F4  ("Blut Royale", "Denial", "Get Your Body Beat", "Maggots at the Party", "My Life My Rules", "Never Surrender", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sent to Destroy", "Sun of Ice", "Throat Full of Glass")
E4 ("Denial", "Enjoy the Abuse", "Maggots at the Party", "Sequential One")
E♭4 ("Age of Mutation", "Anatomy", "Buried Alive", "Enjoy the Abuse", "From My Cold Dead Hands", "Get Your Body Beat", "Pull the Pin", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sent to Destroy", "Sequential One", "Throat Full of Glass", "We Are the Plague")
D4 ("Anatomy", "Bottle of Pain", "Can't Control" live Rockstadt Extreme Fest '15, "Denial", "Enjoy the Abuse", "Maggots at the Party", "My Life My Rules", "Never Surrender", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "We Are the Plague")

Significant low notes:
C3 ("Denial", "Enjoy the Abuse", Pull the Pin", "Retreat Hell (Part 1)", "Sequential One", "Skullcrusher", "The Evil In Me")
B♭2 ("Pull the Pin", "The Evil In Me")
A2 ("Enjoy the Abuse", "We Are the Plague")
G♯2 ("Enjoy the Abuse")
G2 ("Pull the Pin", "Skullcrusher", "The Evil In Me", "We Are the Plague")
F♯2 ("Never Surrender", "What the Fuck Is Wrong with You?")
F2 ("Denial", "My Life My Rules", "Never Surrender")
E2 ("Denial", "Never Surrender", "The Evil In Me")
E♭2 ("The Evil In Me")
D2 ("Denial", "My Life My Rules", "Never Surrender", "Skullcrusher", "The Evil In Me", "We Are the Plague")
C2 ("Denial", "Skullcrusher")
A1 ("Denial")

*Italics marks non-melodic notes.
*Blue marks soft/disconnected falsetto notes.
*Green marks heavily distorted/harsh notes.
*Underlines mark notes found on backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the mix.

Lead singer of Combichrist, Panzer AG and Icon of Coil. Andy possesses a rather powerful and very gravelly baritone voice, he can belt (read: growl) into the fifth octave with impressive and, frankly, unhealthy distortion which, for now, he has no trouble recreating live. He has also been showing off more and more of his warm, raspy second octave with each album, with "The Evil In Me" being the best example.

Any help/corrections are welcome Smile

Last edited by iamnothing on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:35 am; edited 35 times in total
iamnothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andy LaPlegua

Post  TheDeathBat on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:19 am

Judging by his timbre in his clean singing he sounds like a bass, but he could also purposely be doing that
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:24 am

He is clearly a baritone, no doubt.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeathBat on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:45 am

Alright
TheDeathBat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:03 am

smallest range iv ever seen here tbh Embarassed
and I agree with the baritone
so I checked this singer out of curiosty and he already got couple of F4 and F#4 on Throat Full Of Glass Rolling Eyes
I think you should re-check him mate Wink
and couple F#4 here with some high note at 1:04 (B4 mauybe)
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:19 am

1:04 sounds like a green B4
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:24 am

Crackz0r94 wrote:smallest range iv ever seen here tbh Embarassed
and I agree with the baritone
so I checked this singer out of curiosty and he already got couple of F4 and F#4 on Throat Full Of Glass Rolling Eyes
I think you should re-check him mate Wink
and couple F#4 here with some high note at 1:04 (B4 mauybe)

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3199-dan-smith-of-bastille?highlight=Dan+Smith

One note range FTW
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top