ThatsMads Mediocre Covers Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ThatsMads Mediocre Covers Thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Crackz0r94 wrote:okay it was slightly better, specialy the timing as you can hear. the pitch still half way off, you just need alot of pratice
I agree with the long shot that you might be tone deaf (not completley tho) but don't worry it's definetley fixable with alot of practice and training. I can give you good applause tho for singing dem G4's in pretty comfort way Smile you are tenor all the way
it's pretty tough song for baritones like me, and even for Mark, that's why they use to play it half step down on lives
I think you should pick another blink song but easier and slower Yeah!
I wouldn't just throw the tone deaf card around so loosely. It's a very rare condition, and I really doubt he actually is tone deaf. He definitely is "rhythm deaf" though lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:58 am

what's the difference tho? Mmm
even when I started playing my guitar I was pretty tone deaf because I had no skills, I cudn't distinguish between two close notes, which one is higher and stuff like that but after lots of training and practicing I got way more better in everything
I didn't say he's total loss or something like that, he just need lots of practice
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 am

Crackz0r94 wrote:what's the difference tho? Mmm
even when I started playing my guitar I was pretty tone deaf because I had no skills, I cudn't distinguish between two close notes, which one is higher and stuff like that but after lots of training and practicing I got way more better in everything
I didn't say he's total loss or something like that, he just need lots of practice
the difference is that tone deafness is an actual condition, that can not be cured with the simple concepts of practice and experience. Sure, with really hard work with a good and patient instructor, people with tone deafness can learn to sing, but that's not the same as just practicing for a year.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:42 pm

I think this is a definite improvement from previous attempts at covering songs lol, I still suck, this just sucks less IMO

https://soundcloud.com/clandestinewish/video-games-lana-del-rey-vocal-cover

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprotiv on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:07 pm

thatsmad wrote:I think this is a definite improvement from previous attempts at covering songs lol, I still suck, this just sucks less IMO

https://soundcloud.com/clandestinewish/video-games-lana-del-rey-vocal-cover

I honestly dont know much about singing but you were definitely off pitch a lot, it was better than the previous ones though. I like your tone though Smile
Soprotiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:51 pm

I think I have improved from my last one, not quite so shitty, hit a couple notes. I played it live with my guitar into one track and added some EQ and reverb to make it sound a little better and less bare. Accidentally clipped my interface during the choruses, particularly the last one, but oh well Facepalm

http://picosong.com/E9ng/

I missed the low "yeahs" in the chorus but I wouldn't even call them sung or even melodic tbh.

What do you think?

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:07 am

Metronomes are lovely tools Wink
This wasn't a bad cover, but you were still off pitch a lot and out of key, but that only gets better with time so it's fine for now. Your tone was ok, but you sound so monotone and stuffy in your mid-range. The timing seems choppy, but way better than before. You just have such a dull, undeveloped tone right now. So basically, better than before, but still sort of meh. Keep working at it though, because again this is quite a bit of improvement. Only time and practice can help you now lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:59 am

I hear an improvement tho Joyful
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:03 pm

I made these more to work on my production skills and instrumentation than my singing but I still did my best to get it done right and I actually checked my singing pitch properly this time and it was better than before

On this one I played the guitars and sung, and programmed everything else
https://soundcloud.com/clandestinewish/today-the-smashing-pumpkins-cover

On this one I played guitars, bass and sung, then had to program the drums and piano
https://soundcloud.com/clandestinewish/this-is-gospel-panic-at-the-disco-cover

What would you have done differently, (except sung better cuz I'm sure you're all better singers than me anyway lol)

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:35 pm

The guitar completely swallowed the vocals in the PatD cover. The mid-low parts were slightly more lively than your last cover's singing in that area though. You actually show some pretty great strength down there too. The problem arose with the "if you love me let me GO". The harmony was so awkward sounding, and I'd honestly avoid doing harmonies until your pitch is better. The "ah oh oh"s were also pretty bleh. I definitely hear improvement though, especially with your timing and your tone. Not bad at all; keep up the practice.
Oh, and the same goes for Today mostly, though your voice was suprisingly really pleasant at times. Those dang pitch issues though Banghead I won't adress the super light high notes you did too much, since you did say this isn't all anout the vocals, but you should definitely look into strengthening and blending your head voice. You havd so much potential to be great, but you also have a long road ahead. Just keep working on it.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:The guitar completely swallowed the vocals in the PatD cover. The mid-low parts were slightly more lively than your last cover's singing in that area though. You actually show some pretty great strength down there too. The problem arose with the "if you love me let me GO". The harmony was so awkward sounding, and I'd honestly avoid doing harmonies until your pitch is better. The "ah oh oh"s were also pretty bleh. I definitely hear improvement though, especially with your timing and your tone. Not bad at all; keep up the practice.
Oh, and the same goes for Today mostly, though your voice was suprisingly really pleasant at times. Those dang pitch issues though Banghead I won't adress the super light high notes you did too much, since you did say this isn't all anout the vocals, but you should definitely look into strengthening and blending your head voice. You havd so much potential to be great, but you also have a long road ahead. Just keep working on it.

Thanks for the positive words.
I'll keep working on my pitch and blending registers and getting more chest into my G4-B4-ish range. I'm always unsure how to belt those notes lower than B4 so yeah it ends up awkward.

Extra question, were you listening with decent speakers? In mine there was pretty decent separation from everywhere around my room

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 pm

thatsmad wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:The guitar completely swallowed the vocals in the PatD cover. The mid-low parts were slightly more lively than your last cover's singing in that area though. You actually show some pretty great strength down there too. The problem arose with the "if you love me let me GO". The harmony was so awkward sounding, and I'd honestly avoid doing harmonies until your pitch is better. The "ah oh oh"s were also pretty bleh. I definitely hear improvement though, especially with your timing and your tone. Not bad at all; keep up the practice.

I'll keep working on my pitch and blending registers and getting more chest into my G4-B4-ish range. I'm always unsure how to belt those notes lower than B4 so yeah it ends up awkward.

Extra question, were you listening with decent speakers? In mine there was pretty decent separation from everywhere around my room
I was listening to the covers with some decent headphones. I need some speakers though lol. And it's good that you're not just straining/shouting to get into the G4-B4 range. Singing those notes lighter at first is far healthier of a habit, than straining and getting super loud to do so.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
thatsmad wrote:

I was listening to the covers with some decent headphones. I need some speakers though lol. And it's good that you're not just straining/shouting to get into the G4-B4 range. Singing those notes lighter at first is far healthier of a habit, than straining and getting super loud to do so.

headphones tend to have a bit of a lower frequency boost that makes the drums and the bass a little more pronounced than on speakers which are a little more neutral. that low frequency boost would also apply on the guitars in the PatD cover because i mixed them into a lower kHz range than the vocal so they would have got a boost and swallowed the vocals.

tl;dr my bad should have reference checked it with headphones lol

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:29 am

Nah, it's just your speakers then. I'm using speakers and 2 different types of headphones and it's drowned out on both. Don't mix using your speakers anymore, because they seem off.

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 am

thatsmad wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
thatsmad wrote:

headphones tend to have a bit of a lower frequency boost that makes the drums and the bass a little more pronounced than on speakers which are a little more neutral. that low frequency boost would also apply on the guitars in the PatD cover because i mixed them into a lower kHz range than the vocal so they would have got a boost and swallowed the vocals.

tl;dr my bad should have reference checked it with headphones lol
gaylorddicksucker wrote:Nah, it's just your speakers then. I'm using speakers and 2 different types of headphones and it's drowned out on both. Don't mix using your speakers anymore, because they seem off.

it's worse than I thought Banghead i'll fix it soon

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 am

Hahaha, it's all about trial and error. Don't beat yourself up about it.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:54 am

Ok so I think I figured it out. It sounded really good in the DAW but not on soundcloud, probably due to wav. to mp3. conversion, which sucks but I think it should be good now. I've been waiting for a time when no-one else is home to re-do the harmonies but I think that may end up being ages away.

Would someone who can sing a clean/not too shouted D5-C#5-B4 progression on the first line of the chorus like to sing it for me? If not it's cool but may just be a while before I can get it done.

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:01 am

thatsmad wrote:Ok so I think I figured it out. It sounded really good in the DAW but not on soundcloud, probably due to wav. to mp3. conversion, which sucks but I think it should be good now. I've been waiting for a time when no-one else is home to re-do the harmonies but I think that may end up being ages away.

Would someone who can sing a clean/not too shouted D5-C#5-B4 progression on the first line of the chorus like to sing it for me? If not it's cool but may just be a while before I can get it done.

Always use lossless!

Also, I can give it a try. My voice has been feeling better recently. I didn't read all of the past conversation so what song is it for?

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:09 am

gaylorddicksucker wrote:
thatsmad wrote:Ok so I think I figured it out. It sounded really good in the DAW but not on soundcloud, probably due to wav. to mp3. conversion, which sucks but I think it should be good now. I've been waiting for a time when no-one else is home to re-do the harmonies but I think that may end up being ages away.

Always use lossless!

Also, I can give it a try. My voice has been feeling better recently. I didn't read all of the past conversation so what song is it for?

This is Gospel, thanks!!

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:21 pm

I fixed it. It's better now
https://soundcloud.com/clandestinewish/this-is-gospel-panic-at-the-disco-cover

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nieco on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:58 pm

it was so outta tune i stopped watching by 1st chorus
Nieco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:08 am

Made a new cover, again to work on creativity, production and instrumentation more than singing. In retrospect I should have sung the verses an octave down but that could have worked out just as bad.

https://soundcloud.com/thelatestobsession/tove-lo-stay-high-cover

Feedback and constructive criticism please!!!

P.S. Changed my soundcloud name cuz the other one was awful lol, but the rest of my covers are pretty easy to find from here if you're looking for a laugh-fest to go with some snacks Popcorn .

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 am

rofl I think this is one of the worst songs you could ever choose

it did make me laugh so there's that Tiphat thanks!
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am

At first I thought Crack was just being a dick, like always I might add, but nope... nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. So much nope, pls no more b0ss. Very shaky singing, out of key, Mickey Mouse "ooos", and just overall pain. The instrumentation wasn't awful, and the mix was ok, but the vocals were so cringe, I thought I was listening to a FNAF/Minecraft fan song. Ocassionally your voice sounded pleasant, but then it would instantly revert to awkward heady mess. This rivals such classics as "Eye of the Spider" for the best/cringiest thing ever. I rate kek/10

Seriously though, I encourage you to not become discouraged. You're still very fresh to singing, and it takes a very long time to get better, especially without a coach. This sucked, honestly, but that's ok. We all suck at the beginning.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thatsmad on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:At first I thought Crack was just being a dick, like always I might add, but nope... nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. So much nope, pls no more b0ss. Very shaky singing, out of key, Mickey Mouse "ooos", and just overall pain. The instrumentation wasn't awful, and the mix was ok, but the vocals were so cringe, I thought I was listening to a FNAF/Minecraft fan song. Ocassionally your voice sounded pleasant, but then it would instantly revert to awkward heady mess. This rivals such classics as "Eye of the Spider" for the best/cringiest thing ever. I rate kek/10

Seriously though, I encourage you to not become discouraged. You're still very fresh to singing, and it takes a very long time to get better, especially without a coach. This sucked, honestly, but that's ok. We all suck at the beginning.

Its algud, I don't really care that much about the vocals on this song, tbh I covered it to see what I could do with the music than actually singing the song. I kinda just needed the singing in it to make the song feel complete and mix it as a whole

thatsmad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top