Harmony's Vocal Lab

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harmony's Vocal Lab

Post  Harmony on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:Are you an older Ryugen?

In all seriousness, it's weird. I've heard this kind of stuff before, with other users aswell. It sounds like you're TRYING to sing like a tenor, instead of trying to sing, well, like yourself. I really, really doubt you are singing in your tessitura. Lacks power, lacks control. Either you're pretty tone deaf or you're trying to sing too much like Sia. Just my honest opinion. You fall flat a lot.

EDIT: Listened to your "Breaking The Habit/Soldier Of Fortune/Pushing Me Away" cover. Focus more on supporting your comfortable range, instead of trying to expand your range. Imagine you're a chef and you have to serve a dinner party. You can either make a table full of shitty dishes or a large plate full of delicacies. What do you think people would eat? I'll answer it for you: They would, of course, want to eat the large plate full of delicacies.

And work on your pronounciation a bit. It would help a lot too.

I couldn't push it much and even if I wanted to, I still don't know how to relax the sound or where to aim it yet for resonance.
I know it's not all that great though, thanks for the feedback, I just did my best for now, I wasn't sure on how to sing the 2nd chorus since I don't listen to that song much.
Thanks for being so obvious though, I'm aware of where I fall short and I can't belt shit anywhere near sia's notes yet.
My tessitura is like G3~F4# for now, where I have to push for the best tone at C4- G4.
I haven't found my natural tone yet.
Also, who the fuck is ryugen ?

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:48 am

Haromny wrote:Also, who the fuck is ryugen ?
http://picosong.com/XTeu/
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:50 am

Crack2Hack wrote:
Haromny wrote:Also, who the fuck is ryugen ?
http://picosong.com/XTeu/
I'm on his thread already.

Oh come on.... I don't lighten my fucking tone that much...
Also you guys overuse the term tone deaf, I'm so not tone deaf, cause I can match pitch on my guitar and tell the difference between one semitone differences, I however am working on maintaining a good ear whilst singing, that I cannot deny.

Oh and I'm 22, "older ryugen"...
I guess I won't upload anything for a while until I start working on my vocal program again, at least 1 year from now or so.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:53 pm

It's not difficult finding your natural tone. It's where you have the most resonance, control and least strain.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:02 am

The Fucking Messenger- Chester Fucking Bae
https://soundcloud.com/truthcodex/the-messenger-linkin-park-practice

Fuck having neighbors, my room sucks, I wanted to belt the fuck out of the end, done that partially.
Will have a studio version at some point in the future with proper quality and better vocals.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 am

Harmony wrote:Hello there.

For all of the tracks: https://soundcloud.com/truthcodex

All of my practice and experimentation goes to my soundcloud mainly.

I upload once in a while to monitor progress.

The Messenger (8 June 2016): https://soundcloud.com/truthcodex/the-messenger-linkin-park-practice

I was kinda disrupted at the end, I'll upload a studio high quality version next month or so.
Beyonce - Halo(23rd June 2016): https://soundcloud.com/truthcodex/beyonce-halo-vocal-practice-june-23-2016

I hope you guys enjoy it. Feedback is appreciated anytime.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 pm

your enunciation needs some more work dude. it makes some of the lines sound sort of dopey, which is not what you want to go for. also, why did your falsetto sound so shakey at the end?
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:34 am

Demi wrote:your enunciation needs some more work dude. it makes some of the lines sound sort of dopey, which is not what you want to go for. also, why did your falsetto sound so shakey at the end?

It was a falsetto with false vibrato XD

Really ? enunciation? which parts?

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:41 am

Harmony wrote:
Demi wrote:your enunciation needs some more work dude. it makes some of the lines sound sort of dopey, which is not what you want to go for. also, why did your falsetto sound so shakey at the end?

It was a falsetto with false vibrato XD

Really ? enunciation? which parts?
oh lol, fair enough
and unmmmm most of the song you have this soft enunciation.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  infernus2 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 am

I keep getting this William Hung vibe from your voice (and that is most definitely not a compliment).

i'm harsh, deal with it, and besides, you are somehow better than he ever could have been
infernus2

View user profile https://dreamincolormusic.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:47 am

infernus2 wrote:I keep getting this William Hung vibe from your voice (and that is most definitely not a compliment).

i'm harsh, deal with it, and besides, you are somehow better than he ever could have been
savagery incarnate. i don't think he's william hung levels. he just sounds a bit unpracticed, that's all
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:07 am

infernus2 wrote:I keep getting this William Hung vibe from your voice (and that is most definitely not a compliment).

It's not even funny putting it that way LOL that guy is a master, I could only hope to accomplish half of what he's accomplished.(sarcasm)

For fuck's sake, I truly hope you're kidding.(Edit: just read your small text lol, I'll keep improving)

@demi thanks, I'll work on bringing out the words more, I focus on open vowels most of the time, I'll add more definition to it.

Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:32 am

Harmony wrote:

@demi thanks, I'll work on bringing out the words more, I focus on open vowels most of the time, I'll add more definition to it.
idk, if you have a skype or something i could probably try and help you out a bit.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:18 am

Demi wrote:
Harmony wrote:

idk, if you have a skype or something i could probably try and help you out a bit.

Thanks demi, sure I'll send you a message with my skype. hopefully we'll be active on the same time and free on the same day.

@Demi What did you think of "The messenger"

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top