M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

better singer?

50% 50% 
[ 9 ]
50% 50% 
[ 9 ]
 
Total Votes : 18

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:08 am

Dead Reb wrote:Disagree.
You can't disagree with the mucus technique No, no...
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:20 am

Who are we referring to?
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:29 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:Who are we referring to?
mucus Razz
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:55 am

Which of the two?
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Nieco on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:30 am

the almighty one
avatar
Nieco

Posts : 350
Join date : 2015-02-08
Age : 19
Location : Santos,SP, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 pm

So The Rev?
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  CracK on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 pm

SubjectAlpha wrote:So The Rev?
Clap
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  feargm on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:15 am

I prefer M. Shadows, personally.
avatar
feargm

Posts : 250
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 342
Location : Mars

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/feargm

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:03 pm

On a technical level Shadows simply destroys him. If the rev is more likeable then it's all good. But Matt is just on a different level to me.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Dead Reb wrote:On a technical level Shadows simply destroys him. If the rev is more likeable then it's all good. But Matt is just on a different level to me.
So why did Matt have to give the MIA D5s to the Rev :? Lol, also the Rev sat there and casually belted these sorts of notes, while playing drums. The Rev definitely had a very good technique, considering I've only heard him crack on a note once (Crit Acclaim chorus is hell lol). Don't get me wrong, Matt is phenomenal, but the Rev deserves credit where credit is due.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Of course he deserves it the guy was amazing. But that doesn't put him anywhere near Matt, at least to me. Shadows has never been the guy who sacrifices pitch for tonality, who am I to judge. He hits the sweetspot for me.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  glds on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Dead Reb wrote:On a technical level Shadows simply destroys him. If the rev is more likeable then it's all good. But Matt is just on a different level to me.
So why did Matt have to give the MIA D5s to the Rev :? Lol, also the Rev sat there and casually belted these sorts of notes, while playing drums. The Rev definitely had a very good technique, considering I've only heard him crack on a note once (Crit Acclaim chorus is hell lol). Don't get me wrong, Matt is phenomenal, but the Rev deserves credit where credit is due.

Because D5's for a baritone are pretty tough. I can vouch. I have no doubt in my mind that even today he could probably hit the D5's in most songs. I mean he hit D5's on Seize the Day live for a while ("or kiss YOUR lips again"), but there's just no point in swelling up your vocal cords for notes that a person with a much easier time can hit.

glds
Range Advisor

Posts : 814
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 1016
Location : Meth houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  CracK on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Dead Reb wrote:If the rev is more likeable then it's all good
+1
everyone remember the rev as a legend, the amazing drummer who can drum and sings both on live. that's pretty rare and epic and also belt out amazing 5th octave notes, not to mention his great personality! one of the reasons he became a legend was because his death, people then valued him more, like a freddie mercury legend
god forbiden, if M shadows would have dieded, he would also be more legend and likeable by fans and rest even more than now
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:59 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Dead Reb wrote:On a technical level Shadows simply destroys him. If the rev is more likeable then it's all good. But Matt is just on a different level to me.
So why did Matt have to give the MIA D5s to the Rev :? Lol, also the Rev sat there and casually belted these sorts of notes, while playing drums. The Rev definitely had a very good technique, considering I've only heard him crack on a note once (Crit Acclaim chorus is hell lol). Don't get me wrong, Matt is phenomenal, but the Rev deserves credit where credit is due.
Uhm, so many things wrong here. You're comparing a lead vocalist with a backing vocalist. The former has to sing constantly for an entire gig, often with much more demanding material than a backing vocalist. So when a difficult note is given to the backing vocalist, it's most likely to relieve some stress from the lead vocalists vocal cords.

JaredLetoIsBack

Posts : 669
Join date : 2015-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Prometheus on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:53 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
Dead Reb wrote:On a technical level Shadows simply destroys him. If the rev is more likeable then it's all good. But Matt is just on a different level to me.
So why did Matt have to give the MIA D5s to the Rev :? Lol, also the Rev sat there and casually belted these sorts of notes, while playing drums. The Rev definitely had a very good technique, considering I've only heard him crack on a note once (Crit Acclaim chorus is hell lol). Don't get me wrong, Matt is phenomenal, but the Rev deserves credit where credit is due.
Uhm, so many things wrong here. You're comparing a lead vocalist with a backing vocalist. The former has to sing constantly for an entire gig, often with much more demanding material than a backing vocalist. So when a difficult note is given to the backing vocalist, it's most likely to relieve some stress from the lead vocalists vocal cords.
Not to mention The Rev has a higher tessitura. You wouldn't say some soprano is a better singer than Shadows only because she can hit a C6 and Matt can't.
avatar
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2014-07-10
Age : 22
Location : Manisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 am

That has been pretty much cleared up. Matt is a killer baritone who pushes himself to the extent he choses to in order to preserve his voice as much as he can during the gig, scince his distortion is pretty exhausting. The Rev is just a good tenor, The Rev drumming>>Matt's singing>>>The Rev's singing.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  CracK on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 am

lol the rev drumming > matt singing? what kind of logic is that Freak
how can you compare the two things, it's definitely two different things
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:Uhm, so many things wrong here. You're comparing a lead vocalist with a backing vocalist. The former has to sing constantly for an entire gig, often with much more demanding material than a backing vocalist. So when a difficult note is given to the backing vocalist, it's most likely to relieve some stress from the lead vocalists vocal cords.
Cool, but you don't think the Rev was exhausted from playing drums as well? I mean sure, singing a melody like the Crit Acclaim chorus or the Afterlife interlude while drumming is sooooo easy. Also when you sing whole lead vocal lines, are you really a backing vocalist? Not to mention singing things that may also be harder than what the "lead vocalist" is singing, while playing a physically demanding instrument at the same time.
Prometheus wrote:Not to mention The Rev has a higher tessitura. You wouldn't say some soprano is a better singer than Shadows only because she can hit a C6 and Matt can't.
No, singing the higher note doesn't make him better. However, I just used that example as a jab at Matt, not to make a point. What I think makes Jimmy so good, is the fact that he was singing the higher melodies, while playing a physically exhausting instrument. That takes a seriously good technique to be as consistent as Jimmy was live, while playing. Of course no "Jimmy had a nasally voice, therefore he's shit"...
gaylorddicksucker wrote:Because D5's for a baritone are pretty tough. I can vouch. I have no doubt in my mind that even today he could probably hit the D5's in most songs. I mean he hit D5's on Seize the Day live for a while ("or kiss YOUR lips again"), but there's just no point in swelling up your vocal cords for notes that a person with a much easier time can hit.
Chris Cornell and Graham Bonnet much Neutral Seriously, being a baritone isn't some thing that instantly makes singing high difficult. With a good technique, singing high shouldn't really be that tough, unless you're some super low bass. JaredLetoIsBack's argument actually made sense, considering that yes, Matt would likely be tired, and trying to avoid any strain. However, again, it was just a light-hearted jab at Matt. NOT AN ARGUMENT.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 am

Dead Reb wrote:That has been pretty much cleared up. Matt is a killer baritone who pushes himself to the extent he choses to in order to preserve his voice as much as he can during the gig, scince his distortion is pretty exhausting. The Rev is just a good tenor, The Rev drumming>>Matt's singing>>>The Rev's singing.
I disagree. "just a good tenor"?  Naughty  No, being a tenor (unless you're some Kellin Quinn mofo) doesn't mean you instantly shit out C5s. The Rev isn't even that high of a tenor, and I doubt that he didn't have to work his ass of to sing stuff as difficult as Necromance Theater or Crit Acclaim. What is up with this consistent idea that "being a tenor=instantly sing super high with no problems?" You guys are pretending like common voice types really make that big of an impact on singing high. Maybe for some newbie singers, the tenor may be able to sing a bit higher than the baritone with slightly more ease. However, we are comparing two singers who I'd at least consider professionals, and singers who obviously have good techniques. Not to mention that they don't posses the lowest nor the highest voices (both are closer to the middle).
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:18 am

Crackz0r94 wrote:lol the rev drumming > matt singing? what kind of logic is that Freak
how can you compare the two things, it's definitely two different things

Yes I totally can, it's instrumentality.
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  CracK on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 am

but we are talking about their vocals, who's a better singer, not who's better - matt in singing or the rev in drumming
now that I think about it it's pretty dumb argument haha it's all about subjective and opinions in the end
demi will probably won't change his mind and neither you, sippe, gaylord and almost rest of the commentors here lel
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah it is pretty subjective. I guess it all comes to who do you guys like the best
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Dead Reb wrote:Yeah it is pretty subjective. I guess it all comes to who do you guys like the best
This is very true. I'm only continuing to argue, because I'm tired of the Jimmy bashing. Seriously, when the best argument you have against someone is "they habe da nasal vois a b0ss" (not directed at you Reb lol) you just need to go away. Also Crackz0r94 - this will be the first time I do this - but, "her mind"*. Please don't refer to me as a he Freak
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Rebsedd on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I don't mind his nasal voice. They both are pretty nasal. I really like The Rev, I just think Shadows is better and I have reasons to think so. Like you obviously have to think otherwise.

(also crackzor remember demi identifies as a female)
avatar
Rebsedd
Memelord

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 20
Location : CWCville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Dead Reb wrote:I don't mind his nasal voice. They both are pretty nasal. I really like The Rev, I just think Shadows is better and I have reasons to think so. Like you obviously have to think otherwise.

(also crackzor remember demi identifies as a female)
Well in retrospect, I really don't think either really out does the other. I think together they were a perfect match, vocally. I know taking the middle ground is pretty pathetic, but looking back makes me just appreciate the live harmonies and what not, that the whole band (besides Johnny lol) could pull off. Maybe it's my nostalgia blindness kicking in, but dangit I miss the Rev singing that sweet A4 from Bat Country. And songs like Crit Acclaim and Afterlife just feel so empty without the Rev there. He was much more than a drummer and "backing vocalist" for the band, but huge part of the band in general Sad Anyways, I'm done ranting now lol
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: M Shadows VS The Rev! (RIP)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum