Vegard "Ihsahn" Tveitan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vegard "Ihsahn" Tveitan

Post  Zedd Squared on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Voice type: Black Wizards Tenor
Vocal range: G1-B5

High Notes:

• B5 ("Curse You All Men!", "The Tongue of Fire")
  • A5 ("Grey", "The Source of Icon E")
  • G♯5 ("An Elegy of Icaros")
  • G5 ("Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times", "Depraved", "Gypsy", "Surrender", "The Burning Shadows of Silence", "The Pain is Still Mine", "The Source of Icon E", "The Tongue of Fire", "Towards the Pantheon")
  • F♯5 ("Beyond the Great Vast Forest", "Grey", "Gypsy", "Into the Infinity of Thoughts", "Towards the Pantheon")
  • F5 ("Blood Red Skies", "Panem Et Circenses")
  • E5 ("An Elegy of Icaros", "And He Shall Walk in Empty Places", "Arrival", "Blood Red Skies", "Called By the Fire", "Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times", "Departure", "Empty", "Into the Infinity of Thoughts", "Invocation", "Radical Cut", "The Burning Shadows of Silence", "The Eruption", "The Pain is Still Mine")
  • E♭5 ("Surrender")
  • D5 ("A Fine Day to Die", "Called By the Fire", "Catharsis", "Citizen", "Introspection", "Panem Et Circences", "The Eagle and the Snake", "The Paranoid")
  • C♯5 ("Catharsis", "Empty", "Hiber", "I Am the Black Wizards")
  • C5 ("Astera Ton Proinon", "He Who Sought the Fire", "Invocation", "Something Out There", "Sworn", "Tacit", "The Prophet", "The Tongue of Fire", "Thorns On My Grave")
  • B4 ("A Fine Day to Die", "And He Shall Walk in Empty Places", "Catharsis", "Citizen", "Decrystallizing Reason", "Departure", "Empty", "Grey", "Gypsy", "Inno A Satana", "Invocation", "Of Blindness and Subsequent Seers", "Radical Cut", "Something Out There", "Tacit 2", "The Eruption", "The Grave", "The Pain is Still Mine", "The Source of Icon E")
  • B♭4 ("In the Wordless Chamber", "Panem Et Circences", "Surrender", "The Grave", "Thorns On My Grave")
  • A4 ("Blood Red Skies", "Called By the Fire", "Empty", "Of Blindness and Subsequent Seers", "See", "Sworn", "The Tongue of Fire", "Will You Love Me Now?", "With Strength I Burn")
  • G♯4 ("An Elegy of Icaros", "In the Wordless Chamber", "NaCl", "Nonus Aequillibrium", "The Eruption")
  • G4 ("A Fine Day to Die", "An Elegy of Icaros", "And He Shall Walk in Empty Places", "Blood Red Skies", "Called By the Fire", "Depraved", "Grey", "M", "Nonus Aequillibrium", "Panem Et Circences", "Regen", "Something Out There", "The Eruption", "The Pain is Still Mine", "The Prophet")
  • F♯4 ("An Elegy of Icaros", "Depraved", "Grey", "Of Sadness and Subsequent Seers", "Pulse", "Surrender", "Will You Love Me Now?")

Low Notes:

• E♭3 ("Astera Ton Proinon", "The Eagle and the Snake", "The Tongue of Fire")
  • D3 ("Catharsis", "Citizen", "Invocation", "Rec", "Regen", "Something Out There")
  • C♯3 ("Pulse")
  • C3 ("A Fine Day to Die", "Astera Ton Proinon", "Departure", "The Eagle and the Snake")
  • B2 ("Pulse", "The Pain is Still Mine")
  • B♭2 ("A Fine Day to Die")
  • A2 ("Departure", "See")
  • G2 ("A Fine Day to Die", "He Who Sought the Fire")
  • F♯2 ("Into the Infinity of Thoughts, "M")
  • F2 ("I Am the Black Wizards")
  • E♭2 ("Astera Ton Proinon", "Grey")
  • C♯2 ("The Majesty of the Nightsky")
  • B1 ("With Strength I Burn")
  • A1 ("Misanthrope")
  • G1 ("Nonus Aequillibrium")

Ihsahn is the legendary guitarist, singer, composer, and general multi-instrumentalist of the Norwegian black metal band Emperor. Currently he spends most of his time working on his eclectic and progressive solo career which has spanned a wide variety of genres from black metal to prog metal to electronica. He's also been a member of other bands such as Peccatum, Thou Shalt Suffer, Embryonic, and Hardingrock.

As a vocalist, Ihsahn is quite versatile with several different established "voices". He's done dramatic belting, varying degrees of rasp/distortion from harsh black metal shrieks to gritty 4th octave singing, King Diamond influenced falsetto, light mid and lower range singing (showing his natural tenor well), and deep spoken sections. A great musician and a black metal icon.
..............................................................................................

*Italics mark non-sung/spoken notes.
*Underlines mark notes found in backing vocals or that are otherwise buried in the song mix.
*Green marks notes where the primary pitch is obscured by Ihsahn's harsh "black metal" rasp.
*Blue marks notes hit with Ihsahn's King Diamond influenced falsetto.

Last edited by Zedd Squared on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegard "Ihsahn" Tveitan

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:24 pm

YESSSSSS. this guy is incredible. Not a fan of Emperor, but his other projects are pretty cool. I didn't realize he had gotten so deep into his low range though  Shocked
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:34 am

Oh you beat me to it! I was going to do a thread for him, but it's great that you've done one! He probably has the most tasteful black metal rasp sound I ever heard and his cleans are all excelent as well (Dat David Gilmour-esque singing on "NaCl" I love you ). "Das Seelebrechen" (is that spelled right?) is a fantastic album, BTW.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top