Re: My singing thread

Post  CracK on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:12 am

lolz I gotta hear that Laughing record something
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:57 am

I tried to cover "Soldier of Fortune" with a slightly darker timbre, hope you like it

http://picosong.com/N5gt/
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 am

freedom-animus wrote:I tried to cover "Soldier of Fortune" with a slightly darker timbre, hope you like it

http://picosong.com/N5gt/

Great song choice. Bad for a tenor xd, I'm richer than you vocally in terms of natural tone and I struggle with it.
Eventually you'll be able to cover it your own way but right now your voice is underdeveloped, so is mine, gotta practice man.
Try singing it like a tenor it's best...
Also you tried mimicking David Coverdale, it's not a bad thing but you'll have to understand that his voice is raw as fuck baritone... It's simply impossible to sing like him as a tenor especially when you're that light.
95% of the times you darken your tone, you'd sound better singing naturally, believe it or not but I learned it and experimented with it, maybe later as we progress we'll be able to darken it a bit without sacrificing a pleasant tone but that's in the long run I guess.
Keep going regardless and experimenting, just as you start out you'd wanna stick to your current strengths and make your own version of the song.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Thank you mate! You're right, I knew this song probably doesn't suit best my voice but I really like the music and the lyrics so I decided to give a try hahaha
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 am

freedom-animus wrote:Thank you mate! You're right, I knew this song probably doesn't suit best my voice but I really like the music and the lyrics so I decided to give a try hahaha
I love it too, it's one of these songs that make you wish you were a baritone.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:19 am

Harmony wrote:
freedom-animus wrote:Thank you mate! You're right, I knew this song probably doesn't suit best my voice but I really like the music and the lyrics so I decided to give a try hahaha
dude fuck that. being a baritone is overrated. just ask reb
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 am

Demi wrote:
Harmony wrote:

IMO it's not just about being a baritone or a tenor, it's about having the rich timbre someone like Ian Gillan had in his 20s/30s, regardless of whether you belong to a certain classification. But yeah I kinda think baritones are usually more suited for stuff like that. Their only limit I could think of is that in nowadays pop music there aren't many baritones. Well, there's still John Legend anyway who's worth for the whole baritone category, seen how good he is.
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Sat May 21, 2016 7:52 am

Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmony on Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 pm

freedom-animus wrote:
Demi wrote:
Harmony wrote:

IMO it's not just about being a baritone or a tenor, it's about having the rich timbre someone like Ian Gillan had in his 20s/30s, regardless of whether you belong to a certain classification. But yeah I kinda think baritones are usually more suited for stuff like that. Their only limit I could think of is that in nowadays pop music there aren't many baritones. Well, there's still John Legend anyway who's worth for the whole baritone category, seen how good he is.

Ian Gillan did not sing Soldier of fortune, David Coverdale did.

Ian Gillan is a lyric baritone, Coverdale is sort of a mid baritone.

Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma's animus on Tue May 24, 2016 12:31 am

Harmony wrote:
freedom-animus wrote:
Demi wrote:
Harmony wrote:

Ian Gillan did not sing Soldier of fortune, David Coverdale did.

Ian Gillan is a lyric baritone, Coverdale is sort of a mid baritone.

oh shit really?? what a poor figure... anyway, did you listen to the "home" cover?
Karma's animus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top