My singing thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:49 am

Hello!

I'm Alessandro, 18, coming from Rome.
I've been said that I can ask you which voice type I've got by sending you some links of me singing.
I know I'm still young but the doctor who saw my vocal folds said they're already developed, also since I'm more than 6'2" tall.
Uh and I don't know how to use mixed voice.


Those are three files: nutini's "new shoes", some low notes, and withers' "ain't no sunshine"

picosong.com/6jFn/

picosong.com/6jFj/

picosong.com/6jFB/


Last edited by freedom-animus on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:26 am

Wow, you have a really smooth, light tone. You can be quite pitchy though, even worse than me at times lol. But seriously, work on singing in pitch; do some scales, or what have you. However, you really have a great sounding voice for something like RnB, and your english is understandable, so don't stress it Wink . These clips genuinely suprised me Yeah! I think you have a ton of potential to be one of the better singers to grace Trp lol. The 3rd clip was pretty solid, but you honestly sound like a pretty average male voice. High Baritone/Low Tenor timbre and weight. I wouldn't worry too much about vois type anyways, just pitch lol. You're awesome though, and I'd love to hear some more stuff from you.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:57 am

Thank you for your kind words, I focused more on the critiques and searched everywhere what "pitchy" means but I didn't understand its meaning lol

BTW, then do you believe I've got a baritone sounding voice? :/ well, I'm interested in what you think about my voice, 'cause I've had different opinions - but all in the tenor side! My teacher found my passaggio aroung F#/G4, and said I am a tenor, but not a light tenor. He believes right now I'm like a lyric tenor, because of the lightness of my timbre, for what vocal fachs can mean in non-classical music, but that my vocal folds are quite LT folds (he compared my voice type with Usher's, not the tone, 'cause his is more mature, nor the vocal ability, because I still have to develop more agility and power by mixing my voice, or to Trey Songz's)

But well, so have I got an average voice? I thought tenors, even lower ones, were a bit higher than average... Well, it's a bit frustrating

Anyway, I'll study to gain the ability of hitting those high notes, 'cause I can't stay very well on my lower register.

avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Aníbal on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 am

pitchy is like sorta out of tune
avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:04 am

Oh shit

Mmm ok, I'll be more careful then
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:28 am

freedom-animus wrote:Thank you for your kind words, I focused more on the critiques and searched everywhere what "pitchy" means but I didn't understand its meaning lol

BTW, then do you believe I've got a baritone sounding voice? :/ well, I'm interested in what you think about my voice, 'cause I've had different opinions - but all in the tenor side! My teacher found my passaggio aroung F#/G4, and said I am a tenor, but not a light tenor. He believes right now I'm like a lyric tenor, because of the lightness of my timbre, for what vocal fachs can mean in non-classical music, but that my vocal folds are quite LT folds (he compared my voice type with Usher's, not the tone, 'cause his is more mature, nor the vocal ability, because I still have to develop more agility and power by mixing my voice, or to Trey Songz's)

But well, so have I got an average voice? I thought tenors, even lower ones, were a bit higher than average... Well, it's a bit frustrating

Anyway, I'll study to gain the ability of hitting those high notes, 'cause I can't stay very well on my lower register.

Yeah, what Anibal said lol. And I wouldn't really care about "vois type" if you aren't planning to sing classical pieces. I mean, I guess Lyric Tenor would be ok, but idk your voice super well so I won't try and slap the extra label. And low tenors are pretty average too, considering most people are in that "middle voice" area. It shouldn't be frustrating to you though  Eh. Average voice doesn't mean you have to be an "average singer" (which is sort of subjective anyways). You can an exceptional singer with some work put in, so don't let this whole "vois type" thing bring you down. Just worry about your technique, and acquiring the sounds that you want from your voice. As for low singing, relaxing can help in general, but especially well for low notes. I'd say just work with your voice a bit, and do what your teacher recommends. However, don't be afraid to experiment too, but just make sure you do it safely.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:33 am

Ok thank you, so I'll focus on the technique, hoping that it leads me to some improvements. Thumb up
Anyway, do you know when will I be able to post any thread for my favorite singers in the range area?
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:57 am

freedom-animus wrote:Ok thank you, so I'll focus on the technique, hoping that it leads me to some improvements. Thumb up
Anyway, do you know when will I be able to post any thread for my favorite singers in the range area?
Np Smile And you should be able to now. Unless they changed something. Just go to Work in Progress, and New Topic
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Nieco on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 am

nice and smooth voice!
you sound somewhere between Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake
avatar
Nieco

Posts : 350
Join date : 2015-02-08
Age : 19
Location : Santos,SP, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Nieco wrote:nice and smooth voice!
you sound somewhere between Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake
Eh, I don't hear anything like Bruno Mars. There's definitely some Justin Timberlake.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Nieco on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:54 pm

I meant in between, a little higher than Justin and lower than Bruno
avatar
Nieco

Posts : 350
Join date : 2015-02-08
Age : 19
Location : Santos,SP, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Nieco wrote:I meant in between, a little higher than Justin and lower than Bruno
Oh, I agree then  Razz
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Harmony on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:46 am

As Demi stated, nice voice for RnB, pretty light tone, you might be a lyric indeed, I can sound light but not as much as you are I guess, so I'd classify myself as a spinto, I'd love to hear more samples from you, my breaks are at D4 and F#4/G4 as well.
How about you try covering a part of Linkin Park's Rolling in the deep cover? can you get the chester light sound ? Smile

Harmony

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:34 am

Harmony wrote:As Demi stated, nice voice for RnB, pretty light tone, you might be a lyric indeed, I can sound light but not as much as you are I guess, so I'd classify myself as a spinto, I'd love to hear more samples from you, my breaks are at D4 and F#4/G4 as well.
How about you try covering a part of Linkin Park's Rolling in the deep cover? can you get the chester light sound ? Smile

Thanks for your opinion too!
Yeah I believe we've got like the same break points. I only know that the doctor viewing the shape of my vocal folds said I could be a spinto or dramatic tenor, but my larynx is very tenorish too and my resonance system isn't that of a dramatic one.
However, I can't mix right now!

Those are two videos of me singing a year ago, when I didn't care about my voice's health and shouted all along.
Do they show I'm a lower placed voice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wka0ebh6pf1r1p1/eo.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewgi7pl80nvw4d7/ao.mp4?dl=0
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Harmony on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 pm

freedom-animus wrote:
Harmony wrote:As Demi stated, nice voice for RnB, pretty light tone, you might be a lyric indeed, I can sound light but not as much as you are I guess, so I'd classify myself as a spinto, I'd love to hear more samples from you, my breaks are at D4 and F#4/G4 as well.
How about you try covering a part of Linkin Park's Rolling in the deep cover? can you get the chester light sound ? Smile

Thanks for your opinion too!
Yeah I believe we've got like the same break points. I only know that the doctor viewing the shape of my vocal folds said I could be a spinto or dramatic tenor, but my larynx is very tenorish too and my resonance system isn't that of a dramatic one.
However, I can't mix right now!

Those are two videos of me singing a year ago, when I didn't care about my voice's health and shouted all along.
Do they show I'm a lower placed voice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wka0ebh6pf1r1p1/eo.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewgi7pl80nvw4d7/ao.mp4?dl=0

Sorry for being late I'll check these out later when I get home

Harmony

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 am

You're from Rome? my brother went to Rome once and made a video series about it. His names Roman. He called it Roman Roaming in Rome.

Well have a nice day
avatar
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

cryszofthescots wrote:You're from Rome? my brother went to Rome once and made a video series about it. His names Roman. He called it Roman Roaming in Rome.

Well have a nice day
Thinking
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Harmony on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 am

Links are not available, rip hard.
I used to darken my tone a lot and it used to sound so unnatural, I'm not exactly a low tenor, I just can darken my sound, I'm more of a spinto so it's in between, it was so confusing, the best would do to listen to your voice and see how it sounds best naturally and keep unraveling that.

Harmony

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  SubjectAlpha on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:49 am

He's a low tenor. At least.
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:He's a low tenor. At least.

Well in total honesty I feel like I speak lower than most of my peers
So do you think my voice will mature in a HB or something like that in a few years?

Listen to this (there wasn't the karaoke so I sang it on the voice of the singer)

http://picosong.com/8Yy4/
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  CracK on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:51 am

lol the start was really awkward to listen to.. TMI but you have pretty good smooth singing
look, speaking voice doesn't necessarily mean anything and when you tried to sing low at the start I cud easily sense the struggle in your voice and the light & thin voice of yours. you are obviously tenor, at some parts you reminded me of Timberlake, Bennington and Danny from HU
if your vos typ will change in the future? I doubt that, shudn't really bother you and besides you have pretty good and smooth voice with great talent man, I liked the light tenor timbre flower
avatar
CracK

Posts : 1165
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 73
Location : imdevine's kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:58 am

Crack2Hack wrote:lol the start was really awkward to listen to.. TMI but you have pretty good smooth singing
look, speaking voice doesn't necessarily mean anything and when you tried to sing low at the start I cud easily sense the struggle in your voice and the light & thin voice of yours. you are obviously tenor, at some parts you reminded me of Timberlake, Bennington and Danny from HU
if your vos typ will change in the future? I doubt that, shudn't really bother you and besides you have pretty good and smooth voice with great talent man, I liked the light tenor timbre flower

thank you man! Smile
I really like singing so I try to improve myself as much as possible

I know the start was awkward, my English is awful ahaha
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Harmony on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 am

nice smooth voice man, definitely a low tenor, Dramatic/Spinto tenor maybe, I guess you're not a lyric, lyrics have a lighter speaking voice, but it's not a valid reason to dismiss that.
You're definitely a tenor, it's a good thing to know, cause if you wanna sing heavy mids right away, don't expect to be great, it's not your strong point, I used to beat myself up trying to sound like a baritone, that might come later, but focus on making the best out of your strong attributes such as the bright light sound and tone that tenors have singing from C4 and above

Harmony

Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Karma's animus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:48 am

Harmony wrote:nice smooth voice man, definitely a low tenor, Dramatic/Spinto tenor maybe, I guess you're not a lyric, lyrics have a lighter speaking voice, but it's not a valid reason to dismiss that.
You're definitely a tenor, it's a good thing to know, cause if you wanna sing heavy mids right away, don't expect to be great, it's not your strong point, I used to beat myself up trying to sound like a baritone, that might come later, but focus on making the best out of your strong attributes such as the bright light sound and tone that tenors have singing from C4 and above

thank you too! Smile
you're right, when I try to sing heavy mids I really struggle and I can't sing well for a while
I'll focus on achieving my best sound
avatar
Karma's animus

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-10-28
Location : Rome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  glds on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am

Crack2Hack wrote:speaking voice doesn't necessarily mean anything

Most true statement of all time. It's backwards for me Cringe Speaking voice is high so I sound 12 when I talk, it's an absolute curse.

glds
Range Advisor

Posts : 814
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 1016
Location : Meth houses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My singing thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum