Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Aníbal on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:12 pm

When we're going to start?

I'm excited and I don't want this to be just an hypothetical thing
avatar
Aníbal

Posts : 680
Join date : 2014-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Venezuela

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:41 am

Aníbal wrote:When we're going to start?

I'm excited and I don't want this to be just an hypothetical thing

Don't worry, this isn't going to be hypothetical only: stuff has been recorded on my end already. We'll finish up these auditions, I'll grab what we have for a backing track currently from my friend who is acting as producer, and we'll get going.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Toast on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I got the two sections that you sent to me recorded (A Cappella, because I can't be bothered to find instrumental tracks or make my own).

Beelzebub
Poor Boy
avatar
Toast
Range Advisor

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-12-08
Age : 17
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:12 am

I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason) and plugged them into Audacity just for fun. After a little bit of tinkering with speed, a minor pitch change here and there, and some reverb/echo added to beef up the sound, this is the result. (I had to exclude two tapes from the "Poor Boy" section because the pitch wasn't close enough to work with; everyone's tape is used in the "Beelzebub" section, however.)

http://picosong.com/6QZw/

http://picosong.com/6QZF/
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Nieco on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 am

oh wow that is incredible Shocked
avatar
Nieco

Posts : 350
Join date : 2015-02-08
Age : 20
Location : Santos,SP, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:49 am

The Long Shot wrote:I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason) and plugged them into Audacity just for fun. After a little bit of tinkering with speed, a minor pitch change here and there, and some reverb/echo added to beef up the sound, this is the result. (I had to exclude two tapes from the "Poor Boy" section because the pitch wasn't close enough to work with; everyone's tape is used in the "Beelzebub" section, however.)

http://picosong.com/6QZw/

http://picosong.com/6QZF/
the bass part though God bless USA
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason) and plugged them into Audacity just for fun. After a little bit of tinkering with speed, a minor pitch change here and there, and some reverb/echo added to beef up the sound, this is the result. (I had to exclude two tapes from the "Poor Boy" section because the pitch wasn't close enough to work with; everyone's tape is used in the "Beelzebub" section, however.)

http://picosong.com/6QZw/

http://picosong.com/6QZF/
the bass part though God bless USA

Yeah, between Heroins, ToastedTurkey, myself, and a couple of my friends that can go into that lower register, I think our low section is going to be rock solid. Anibal is really going to help us with the higher stuff as well.

BTW I never did receive any audition stuff from you, I don't think.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:12 am

The Long Shot wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason) and plugged them into Audacity just for fun. After a little bit of tinkering with speed, a minor pitch change here and there, and some reverb/echo added to beef up the sound, this is the result. (I had to exclude two tapes from the "Poor Boy" section because the pitch wasn't close enough to work with; everyone's tape is used in the "Beelzebub" section, however.)

http://picosong.com/6QZw/

http://picosong.com/6QZF/
the bass part though God bless USA

Yeah, between Heroins, ToastedTurkey, myself, and a couple of my friends that can go into that lower register, I think our low section is going to be rock solid. Anibal is really going to help us with the higher stuff as well.

BTW I never did receive any audition stuff from you, I don't think.
Embarassed  Yeah, I was apprehensive because of my pithiness. Idk, if you still want a Bb6 I could probably do that  Razz.
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:22 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:
Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason) and plugged them into Audacity just for fun. After a little bit of tinkering with speed, a minor pitch change here and there, and some reverb/echo added to beef up the sound, this is the result. (I had to exclude two tapes from the "Poor Boy" section because the pitch wasn't close enough to work with; everyone's tape is used in the "Beelzebub" section, however.)

http://picosong.com/6QZw/

http://picosong.com/6QZF/
the bass part though God bless USA

Yeah, between Heroins, ToastedTurkey, myself, and a couple of my friends that can go into that lower register, I think our low section is going to be rock solid. Anibal is really going to help us with the higher stuff as well.

BTW I never did receive any audition stuff from you, I don't think.
Embarassed  Yeah, I was apprehensive because of my pithiness. Idk, if you still want a Bb6 I could probably do that  Razz.

Lol. Seriously, though, I'd say there's no harm in giving it a try unless you're really uncomfortable with it.

At any rate, here's what I think I'm going to do: since nobody's pitch was horrible per se (though some were definitely more accurate than others), I'm going to let everyone participate on one condition: I reserve the right to mix all of your vocals as far back as I need to in order to achieve a good sound. And if I need to remove them for some reason, I will. I think this works because I'll still be able to produce quality sound, but now everyone has a chance to participate. Does that seem reasonable for everyone?
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 am

lol, I can try in a min I guess
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Prometheus on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:31 am

I'll record both bismilah parts when I get to the dorm, gonna make it louder this time Smile
avatar
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2014-07-10
Age : 22
Location : Manisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Holsety on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:59 am

The Great Heroins wrote:Good luck Long Shot. Smile  I myself would like to audition to help your project along.  I will of course be going for the sexiest, most manliest of all roles in the harmony.  Tell me what you think. Wink http://picosong.com/6na7/

Sounding like a boy I see. Smile
avatar
Holsety
Admin

Posts : 3051
Join date : 2013-04-27
Age : 21
Location : Lake Isle of Innisfree

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Celice on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:42 am

The Long Shot wrote:I took all the audition tapes that I was able to download to my computer (couldn't download Celice's for whatever reason)
Oops Embarassed I think I've fixed the settings now.
avatar
Celice
Moderator

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2012-08-27
Location : Probably in bed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Great Heroins on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:45 am

Holsety wrote:
The Great Heroins wrote:Good luck Long Shot. Smile  I myself would like to audition to help your project along.  I will of course be going for the sexiest, most manliest of all roles in the harmony.  Tell me what you think. Wink http://picosong.com/6na7/

Sounding like a boy I see. Smile

Not everyone can be a juicy baritone with moist lows. Embarassed

PS: nice job so far Longshot Smile
avatar
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-12-30
Age : 22
Location : LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Holsety on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:08 am

Talk about *woosh*. No, no...
avatar
Holsety
Admin

Posts : 3051
Join date : 2013-04-27
Age : 21
Location : Lake Isle of Innisfree

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:37 am

I'll give Demi and Ollie another day or two to submit something, and then we'll move on. I've got everything transcribed and ready to go.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:25 am

The Long Shot wrote:I'll give Demi and Ollie another day or two to submit something, and then we'll move on. I've got everything transcribed and ready to go.
Lol, if you'd like to move on I'm not going to force you to wait for me. I procrastinate a lot, so I'd understand 100% if you just moved on. Thank you though, for waiting Smile
avatar
Princesszolli Demi

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2014-09-10
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:56 am

Princess Demi Alexandra wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:I'll give Demi and Ollie another day or two to submit something, and then we'll move on. I've got everything transcribed and ready to go.
Lol, if you'd like to move on I'm not going to force you to wait for me. I procrastinate a lot, so I'd understand 100% if you just moved on. Thank you though, for waiting Smile

Nah, it's fine; I want to give Ollie a fair amount of time as well. You've got a couple of days to record or procrastinate as you wish. Smile Would be nice to have you, though.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 am

Demi and Ollie have both sent their audition tapes in, so I think we're ready to begin. As I said, everyone that is interested can participate, but I want to also acknowledge those that did the best/designate "featured participants", i.e. those that are more likely to be featured in the song. Don't take it personally if you're not one of the "bolded participants": trust me, none of you were awful or anything.

List of participants:

--Demi Alexandra
--Celice
--Metalhead123
--Heroins
--Dead Reb
--Cmobil5
--DinosaurMan
--Prometheus
--Nieco
--Anibal
--Toasted Turkey
--Ollie
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Prometheus on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm about to lose my fucking mind, my computer picks up the sound very quietly. I didn't have this problem with my old computer, I'll post my parts when I fix this problem
avatar
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2014-07-10
Age : 22
Location : Manisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Alrighty guys, I'll try and have something ready by tomorrow. Curious: can any of you read sheet music by any chance?
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:13 pm

The Long Shot wrote:Alrighty guys, I'll try and have something ready by tomorrow. Curious: can any of you read sheet music by any chance?

I can but what is the point you are trying to make?
avatar
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

Posts : 2608
Join date : 2013-12-30
Age : 22
Location : LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Metalhead123 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:15 pm

The Long Shot wrote: can any of you read sheet music by any chance?
I can kinda read drum sheet music.
avatar
Metalhead123

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2014-11-18
Age : 17
Location : The Discord Chat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  The Long Shot on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:10 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:Alrighty guys, I'll try and have something ready by tomorrow. Curious: can any of you read sheet music by any chance?

I can but what is the point you are trying to make?  

Trying to figure out whether I might be able to enlist the help of someone (was kind of thinking Anibal) on making "learning tracks" like the ones we used for the audition, since my arrangement doesn't exactly match what this YouTube guy is singing. I'd do it myself, but my voice is god-awful in the higher registers.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Toast on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:13 pm

I can read music pretty well, I have been reading music for a few years now.
avatar
Toast
Range Advisor

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-12-08
Age : 17
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Collaboration Cover - ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS NOW!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum